Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Who will buy CD Projekt Red?

Falksi

Arcane
Harry Enfield.

fAyCEOi.gif

Tigranes

Arcane
Doesn't matter. Can't be good for games in the long run to have all the independent RPG developers get bought out (again), even if none of them were much good recently.

Takamori

Learned
I don't believe they are going to sell now. But if I were to guess given the company history and past deals Microsoft.

Naraya

Arcane
Nobody is going to buy CDPR, because it's incredibly overvalued right now.
Maybe? And maybe after the successful CP2077 release, considering the future potential of CP2077 MP and possible announcement of The Witcher 4 - stock price skyrockets. Nobody knows. Sometimes the best time to buy is yesterday.

As I said in another thread I was pretty sure Microsoft will buy CDPR but they bought Zenimax instead. Not sure if they'd like to invest another several billion. Still, I think if anyone - it's going to be Microsoft.

Quillon

Arcane
Prolly MS already offered to buy them long ago and they must have refused. Also iirc they've been trying to convince their shareholders it'll be more profitable staying independent.

Last edited:
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Nobody is going to buy them. They have literally no reason to sell themselves. They're not in financial difficulties like all the past devs that were being bought out. Zenimax, InXile, Obsidian, and all the others that were bought by MS were all either looking to sell/escape, or were in some kind of financial deficit that they needed help to get out of. CD Projekt isn't, and they also own one of the steam competitor platforms for selling games.

Paul_cz

Arcane
CDP didn't sell when they were extremely close to bankrupcy...they have zero reason to sell now.
Of course, if Iwinski and Kicinski ever want to retire, that might change.

Dodo1610

Arcane
At the moment no one, since everyone including themselves are waiting for CP77 to release and more importantly it's multiplayer.

Unwanted

a Goat

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Edgy Vatnik
Who would buy worthless asset? For human capital im cdpr you can as well open studio in Poland, you'll probably get better staff if you just treat them like humans. CDPR has hyperfast rotation in their cadres because of how much of a slave run it is. For IP's - there are so many fantasy IP's rotting around that the Witcher isn't exactly that much of a selling point and cp is lol. So how much are you willing to pay for a name?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom