Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wasteland Wasteland 3 + Battle of Steeltown and Cult of the Holy Detonation Expansions Thread

Glad to hear it. I've been holding off on playing since the performance and load times were eventually pissing me off. Still want to play, just had other stuff calling for me to play it too.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://www.inxile-entertainment.com/post/wasteland-3-patch-1-1-1-now-live

Wasteland 3 Patch 1.1.1 Now Live

Patch 1.1.1 is now live on Steam, GOG, Microsoft Store, Xbox One, and PlayStation 4. Note: the update will be propagating to update servers over the next few hours for Microsoft Store and consoles.

Thank you to everyone for your support as we continue to add to and improve Wasteland 3. This update was focused on a lot of the issues we've heard about from you the most, and we're hoping it goes a long way toward improving your play experience.

However, we're not done yet. Our next patch is a big one, and contains hundreds of individual changes including fixes, balance improvements, and load time reduction. Please be aware of our Known Issues list for issues we're aware of and working to resolve. Thanks for your patience, and see you in the wasteland.

Highlights
  • Numerous changes aimed at improving stability on consoles.
  • Co-op fixes for load screens stopping at 33%.
  • Antique Appraiser has been appropriately balanced.

Wasteland 3 – 1.1.1 Patch Notes

Performance and Stability
  • We’ve made over a dozen individual changes aimed at improving performance and stability, especially on consoles. We’re continuing work on additional improvements for future updates.
  • Some slight load time improvements have been made. We’re finalizing some more impactful load time reductions which you’ll see in a future patch.
  • Fixed an issue where if computer consoles were used during combat, game performance would decrease.
  • Performance has been improved when using Precision Strike.
Co-op
  • Load screen hangs (i.e. 33% load bug) have largely been resolved for co-op games. In a few cases the load bar may appear to be stuck at 33% but will eventually load after 5 or more minutes. We’re aware and actively working to resolve these.
  • Addressed an issue with the Direct Connect option that was preventing some guests from connecting to their hosts.
  • Fixed crash that could occur in co-op while players engaged with Major Prasad.
  • Players with different build versions are now blocked from playing with each other.
  • [Xbox One] Resolved an issue where the user would not be able to join a second game if it was hosted by the same person.
Quests and Gameplay
  • The Antiques Appraiser perk no longer triggers on Scrap. This closes a loophole in which Scrap could be simply bought and sold for a profit using the Antiques Appraiser perk. We found that in some cases the perk was giving players far too much money when Scrap was included. Of note, this change will not be reflected in the text descriptions until a subsequent patch.
  • Antiques Appraiser now has a 5% chance to multiply the value of Junk by 40x, down from 50x.
  • A persistent issue with the Fishlips encounter which would result in the game locking up has been resolved.
  • Resolved an issue where the epilogue song would sometimes not play all the way through.
  • Merchants now round up item values, instead of down. Buying in bulk is always better!
  • Liberty’s Warbots are now immune to hacking, which should make her appropriately more challenging.
  • Resolved an issue where the Survival Skill was granting Animal Whisperer abilities.
  • Resolved an issue where some missions related to the Gippers were unable to be completed under specific conditions.
  • Resolved an issue where players were being charged the correct amount of skill points on purchase, but the tooltip and the bar were using the wrong value to calculate/display the cost.

Quillon

Arcane
Liberty’s Warbots are now immune to hacking, which should make her appropriately more challenging.

Last encounter? If so shit change, if someone has invested in nerd shit heavily they should be able to hack them.

jackofshadows

Magister
Last encounter? If so shit change, if someone has invested in nerd shit heavily they should be able to hack them.
This someone can hack Liberty's suit (can't say the exact implications though, probably she missing a turn or something) via dialogue nerd stuff check. Disabling warbots as well is just too much.

Quillon

Arcane
This someone can hack Liberty's suit (can't say the exact implications though, probably she missing a turn or something) via dialogue nerd stuff check. Disabling warbots as well is just too much.

She is a clever girl, shouldn't have relied on hackable stuff too much :P

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite

Who cares, it's part of the system they created. This is absurd muh-balance bullshit.

The Antiques Appraiser perk no longer triggers on Scrap. This closes a loophole in which Scrap could be simply bought and sold for a profit using the Antiques Appraiser perk. We found that in some cases the perk was giving players far too much money when Scrap was included. Of note, this change will not be reflected in the text descriptions until a subsequent patch.
Antiques Appraiser now has a 5% chance to multiply the value of Junk by 40x, down from 50x.

RIP

jackofshadows

Magister
Fair enough. That Liberty encounter's difficulty mostly depends on who goes first anyway, which is the their main mechanic responsible for ruining the game for me, basically.

Started first - wiped out Liberty, her warbots and almost every other henchman on the first turn. Out of curiosity started second - she wiped floor with my squad, literally. Little crutches like that hacking immunity won't change that at all.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
The Antiques Appraiser perk no longer triggers on Scrap. This closes a loophole in which Scrap could be simply bought and sold for a profit using the Antiques Appraiser perk. We found that in some cases the perk was giving players far too much money when Scrap was included. Of note, this change will not be reflected in the text descriptions until a subsequent patch.
Antiques Appraiser now has a 5% chance to multiply the value of Junk by 40x, down from 50x.

RIP

Come on. Auctions for piles of scrap was clearly an exploit/bug. Its still a great perk. I've gotten some great value from it without auctioning scrap (enough to buyout/clear 2 shops).
Maybe cutting the multipler wasn't strictly necessary but its still very much worth having.

Saduj

Arcane
I didn’t get Antiques Appraiser until so late in the game it hardly mattered so I didn’t pay much attention. Does it trigger on every junk item when you click “Sell Junk” or just once? In other words, do you have to sell junk one item at a time to maximize the benefit? There were times I sold hundreds of items all at once where it didn’t seem to trigger.

DeepOcean

Arcane
Liberty’s Warbots are now immune to hacking, which should make her appropriately more challenging.

I dont know why of all the wrong things on combat they decided to nerf a skill that is already barely used.

cpmartins

Cipher
I didn’t get Antiques Appraiser until so late in the game it hardly mattered so I didn’t pay much attention. Does it trigger on every junk item when you click “Sell Junk” or just once? In other words, do you have to sell junk one item at a time to maximize the benefit? There were times I sold hundreds of items all at once where it didn’t seem to trigger.
You can "Sell Junk" and it will work.

Smerlus

Educated
I remember selling a bunch of junk and I'd see a text prompt pop up 2 or more times, sometimes with different values so it seems to be on a per junk basis

I was kinda glad when The Provost died in my game. He was always in the way. Standing in the path of my tank or running up close so I can’t use rocket attacks without fragging him. A few times he was helpful but mostly he just slowed things down.
Until now, I didn't have these problems with him. Granted, he hasn't followed my party for a long time yet.
Also, I kinda like the guy. ^^

So, anybody knows how to prevent him from stopping to follow and ultimately disappearing?

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent

I dont know why of all the wrong things on combat they decided to nerf a skill that is already barely used.
muh balance

Haplo

Prophet
Patron

muh balance

Well it WAS kinda anticlimactic to have the (possible) end boss effortlessly killed by her own bots before mid-game (and get an end game screen).

Curious they specifically only mention Hacking. Wonder about CPU Precision shots. Are they still fair game? (although technically they do the same thing as Hacking, I think - but possibly with even better odds, at range - and they can be spammed more)

Last edited:

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
So any feedback from the patch, are loading times better? worse? the same?

Any other improvements?

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Loading times seem unchanged, BUT on my rig it seems to run smoother and graphics look.. sharper somehow.

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent

muh balance

Well it WAS kinda anticlimactic to have the (possible) end boss effortlessly killed by her own bots before mid-game (and get an end game screen).

Curious they specifically only mention Hacking. Wonder about CPU Precision shots. Are they still fair game? (although technically they do the same thing as Hacking, I think - but possibly with even better odds, at range - and they can be spammed more)
I haven't played the game, but if you do something based on the established rules of the game, that thing shouldn't be invalidated just because of muh balance. If this becomes a problem for the encounter, you should instead alter the encounter to account for this possibility in a way that makes sense.

Nortar

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
if you do something based on the established rules of the game, that thing shouldn't be invalidated just because of muh balance. If this becomes a problem for the encounter, you should instead alter the encounter to account for this possibility in a way that makes sense.
Good point. But how is it different from altering the encounter to require "nerd stuff 12" to hack this particular battle robot?

Codex Year of the Donut
There are plenty(read: massive majority, most) of RPGs where bosses aren't susceptible to various forms debilitations, typically ones causing loss of control.
Not to say I like it, but it's not like they're doing anything out of the usual.

Quillon

Arcane
This is not mushy fantasy where bosses should have hard counters on a designer's whim. Its not like she couldn't have a hard counter to hacking; just use organic allies in addition to robots.

On the last level in one of the xcoms last decade I hacked a big ball of a robot with enourmous hp and got to the end following it, was awesome. Glad the devs didn't make robots unhackable on the last level.

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
if you do something based on the established rules of the game, that thing shouldn't be invalidated just because of muh balance. If this becomes a problem for the encounter, you should instead alter the encounter to account for this possibility in a way that makes sense.
Good point. But how is it different from altering the encounter to require "nerd stuff 12" to hack this particular battle robot?
I can't answer what exactly could be done in this specific encounter, since I haven't played it, but the best idea is to not paint yourself into such a corner to begin with. If it's an enemy with a prominent weakness such as hacking, you can alleviate that by requiring several nodes to be hacked, or you can introduce complications due to hacking ("Oh, you just shut down all the electricity, so the facility is now closing down... this means water is no longer being pumped out of the facility" or whatever).

There are so many things you can do, and I realize that it sounds like I'm trivializing what is - as is - a fairly complicated issue by coming at it from the perspective of RPGs, where a gamemasters can change the world in a way the developers of a CRPG obviously can't, but I would rather see an encounter trivialized because of the de facto GM's (the developers) had not considering something rather than to see them go "Uuh, no, you can't do that. It doesn't matter that you've been able to do this since forever, but this time nu-uh because.. uuh.. reasons".
This is not mushy fantasy where bosses should have hard counters on a designer's whim. Its not like she couldn't have a hard counter to hacking; just use organic allies in addition to robots.

On the last level in one of the xcoms last decade I hacked a big ball of a robot with enourmous hp and got to the end following it, was awesome. Glad the devs didn't make robots unhackable on the last level.
Exactly. Dominating or Hacking things in the nu-COM games are a good example. If something has been established as unquestionably possible, it reeks to turn around and say "Uh, no, you can't do this here, because uuh this is the last level". This should not have come as a surprise to them, either. This should've been considered at the core of the game when they decided hacking was a thing on robutts and then decided that the end was going to be robutts.

Didn't a single person think "Hey, man, what happens if someone has hacking?"? Did they decide on the ending and its facets and content before they decided what functions and abilities were available to the players? Were these things designed by different departments sitting in different wings of the building? It boggles the mind.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom