Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Squeenix NieR Replicant ver. 1.22474487139 announced for PC/PS4/XBO

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
No it's means it's will be actually playable and fun unlike the original

ADL

Prophet
mqJxVfz.jpg

Silva

Arcane
Speaking of gameplay, I admit I can't touch Automata anymore. I LOVED it when I played it to the end some years ago, but the couple times I've tried to replay it I dropped it right after the intro. It's gameplay felt shallow af and didn't excite me the least.

Silva

Arcane
Fuck. My image of Bruce Lee saying "boards don't hit back" got broken.

Anyway, my point being Automata skill requirement is really low. All that skill the guy on YT shows is pure exhibitionism, the game don't actually requires it at all. And when I realized that, I couldn't pull out another playthrough. A pity, as I love everything else in the game.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
The point was that you said Automata's gameplay was shallow. Well if the gameplay really was shallow then it wouldn't allow for that complex "exhibitionism". Whetever that level of skill is needed to beat the game or not is a matter of the game's difficulty not the gameplay mechanics.

Dodo1610

Arcane

NieR Replicant ver.1.22474487139... is out April 22

Japan gets the better box art again
EirrbbrXsAAnDtB

EirrjEqXsAAqZJs

Full stream

Last edited:

rbenchley

Educated
Patron
That japanese box art is great. I want it.
I'm pretty sure that the cover is reversible with the Japanese version of the cover art art on the backside of the Western release. I actually like the Western cover art, just not as much as the Japanese.

Deflowerer

Arcane
Fuck. My image of Bruce Lee saying "boards don't hit back" got broken.

Anyway, my point being Automata skill requirement is really low. All that skill the guy on YT shows is pure exhibitionism, the game don't actually requires it at all. And when I realized that, I couldn't pull out another playthrough. A pity, as I love everything else in the game.

To be honest, can't think of a single action game where it isn't possible to succeed with relatively low skill requirement by relying on 1-2 attacks and doing very little combos.

Silva

Arcane

To be honest, can't think of a single action game where it isn't possible to succeed with relatively low skill requirement by relying on 1-2 attacks and doing very little combos.
Yeah sure, but together with that "1-2 attacks and a combo" comes timing and enemy reading, which are necessary in challenging games like Souls. Those are absent or inane enough in Nier Automata, making it piss easy except if you play on "nonsense mode" that is it's higher difficulty.

EDIT: and the preview above says to me the new game will be the same brainless "just mash all buttons" power fantasy shit as Automata. Worthy one playthrough and nothing more except if you like mashing buttons like an idiot as some sort of therapy.

Last edited:

Anthedon

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Yeah, I'm going to hold off for a while until we know if there are any technical issues (that likely won't get patched, if the previous game is anything to go by).

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
That Price lol
It is a lot to ask for a remake of a 10 year old game whose primary value was the story, and the remake is giving us the weeabo version instead of papanier.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom