Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Mechajammer (formerly Copper Dreams) - cyberpunk RPG from Whalenought Studios

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
I'm starting to suspect that this game might even be real. I can almost taste it. . . Hunger speaking again

buffalo bill

Arcane
Just fired up the beta again after not having played it for about a week—it starts in windowed mode again, so mouse inputs are working normally again (in other words, the game is now playable again).

Guys, this game is feeling really freaking good to play. They seem to have slowed everything down a bit, and now when you hold down the mouse to move your character doesn't fly uncontrollably across the screen (which made anything other than one-click-at-a-time movement useless before). I'd still personally prefer keyboard-based movement, but the mouse movement controls are currently fairly acceptable now. There are a number of improvements to interface and visibility, including highlighting out-of-sight opponents who your character is unaware of and giving an indication when your character has made noise that enemies have detected, and enemy vision cones (as squares on the ground). Stealth actually seems sort of viable now. The audio is great, atmospheric and creepy. Really excellent. I was already getting pumped for this, but man, this is actually maybe going to really be good*! Unbelievable!

(*assuming the game actually gets finished, of course)

*-*/\--/\~

Cipher
Ok, I have to chime in with my 2 cents:

I find many indie game names to be beyond terrible, regardless of the quality of the rest of the game. Names like Vagrus (STD???), Aloloth (Trololol?), Encased (Boring?), etc. So why would you go from Copper Dreams (which is actually a GOOD name, evoking Cyberpunk-ish stuff perfectly) to Mechajammer, which sounds really, really dumb?

This. What is this stupid habit of changing decent names into totally shitty ones you can barely remember?

DeepOcean

Arcane
WTF, I kinda got distracted and wasnt paying attention anymore because of the previous art styles changes, especially that awful hipster colourful art style and then all of sudden, massive incline? Game looks cool as fuck now.

grimace

Arcane
Can we get the 'vapourware' tag removed Infinitron ?

Sure! As soon as the game from twitter gifs is playable

Meh-copper-jamming continues to bemuse and surprise us.

Those with BETA access will find Mechajammer Beta 5.0 to download on Steam now.

That's right. The builds are now given version numbers for the first time. In game bug reporting promised for the next build.

buffalo bill movement has changed/improved! Keyboard shortcuts are functional. Pick up items with keyboard keys.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom