Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

I have a counter-proposal (Crispy vs. Kalin TO THE DEATH)

Your choice in this poll could be historic

• I choose the Scenario listed as Option 1 in the first post of this thread (De-mod Crispy)

• I choose the Scenario listed as Option 2 in the first post of this thread (Kalin stays in GD)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Self-Ejected

Thac0

Time Mage
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
Can you just end this entire charade already? There are still good posters like vortex and Strange Fellow kalinised who actually talk about video games. We need them back in GRPG. Fuck Kalin but too many normal posters got caught in the crossfire.

vortex

Fabulous Optimist
It's ok Thaco. It was on my behalf. I'm replaying Oblivion and having my horse therapy .

oblivion-horse-armor-pack-v1-gold-armor.png

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
any alternate account(s) on Codex (an "alt" / "alts") for the purpose of attempting to circumvent this fate, his new alt(s) shall be immediately banned and removed by Codex Administration, and his current, original account ("Kalin") shall receive a new tag, the customary one of "Dumbfuck".

Why does he have to go through all that work in order for you guys to give him the dumbfuck tag but I got one for making one post that is arguably not even a shit post. Anyways, #TeamCrispy.
Y2dOrIj.png

YQr7ffT.png

Hqu6udN.png

See if you can spot the lie.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
That said,is anyone up for a big codexian UT game? Come on guys,we are all old and shit at the game.
I will 1v1 you in Codex DM with instagib.
What will you give me if i let you get 20/0 ?

That said i am up for a game of UT with anyone here.
No, every point you've scored once the match is over (first to 30 kills) is a Kalinite freed. Or points that can be put to the 999 required to free Kalin himself. This offer stands for anyone who wishes to fight to free a Kalinite.

I will be up for matches at 2:30 am GMT on Sun, 27 Sep. UT GOTY in Steam / GOG seems to work, although we had trouble hosting matches the other weekend.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
That said,is anyone up for a big codexian UT game? Come on guys,we are all old and shit at the game.
I will 1v1 you in Codex DM with instagib.
What will you give me if i let you get 20/0 ?

That said i am up for a game of UT with anyone here.
No, every point you've scored once the match is over (first to 30 kills) is a Kalinite freed. Or points that can be put to the 999 required to free Kalin himself. This offer stands for anyone who wishes to fight to free a Kalinite.

I will be up for matches at 2:30 am GMT on Sun, 27 Sep. UT GOTY in Steam / GOG seems to work, although we had trouble hosting matches the other weekend.
Sooo more matches against godlikes then....hmm ok. Even if i don't care about the swedish sect,i am up for a fun ut game lol.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
See if you can spot the lie.
Even 1000 shit posts would require less effort and maliciousness than what he had to do to get his tag.
This offer stands for anyone who wishes to fight to free a Kalinite.
Is it possible for me to fight to keep them locked up? Can my points counter anyone's points wishing to free them?
I am willing to accept such challenges. Provided the matches are held at a time suitable to me, as I have a job and am not a bum who can stay up until 5 in the morning.

Thac0 my match window can be extended. With notice, I could do Sat or Sun, between 0:00 GMT to any time that finishes before 12 GMT.

At the moment though, I can only do Sun 27 and then Sun 4 Oct as I'll be travelling on both the Saturdays coming up.

Self-Ejected

Thac0

Time Mage
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
Thac0 my match window can be extended. With notice, I could do Sat or Sun, between 0:00 GMT to any time that finishes before 12 GMT.

I am GMT+2, that is midnight to midday.
Australia to Central Europe is p awfull as far as timezones go. We had an australian in a D&D game once, massive hassle.
That said I wouldn't be able to free many Kalinites anyway, I played UT literally once before because it was included on the hard drive with cracked games we passed around on Lans to play WC3 and COD 4.
I just wonder how well my experience from Counter Strike style shooters translates to Arena shooters.

Self-Ejected

Alphard

Self-Ejected
i don't know what happened with kalinites and why they were quarantined, neither i know if Crispy made the decision, but i'd say if they were banned unjustly restore them the access of rest of the forum and punish whoever banned them.
i wont vote until i have more informations

Self-Ejected

Shitty Kitty

Self-Ejected
ZZ and Tweed are both master level Daika players.
The game is liquid shit lol. Really bad level design and terrible weapons. Who the fuck decided that a shotgun that shoots three times on a mouse click is a good idea?!
There are a number of issues with Daikatana but easily the most glaring ones revolve around your idiot NPC companions. As for a shotgun with burst fire capability? That's pretty damned awesome if you're dealing with spongy enemies.

Self-Ejected

Shitty Kitty

Self-Ejected
The game is liquid shit lol. Really bad level design and terrible weapons. Who the fuck decided that a shotgun that shoots three times on a mouse click is a good idea?!
There are a number of issues with Daikatana but easily the most glaring ones revolve around your idiot NPC companions. As for a shotgun with burst fire capability? That's pretty damned awesome if you're dealing with spongy enemies.
I feel like the people complain about the companions are probably the kinds of people who complain when any game is too hard, regardless of whether it's shit. And the thing is most of Daikatana is actually too easy most of the time, even on the hardest difficulty with limited saves. But liek, if u install mod to remove companions its gewd gaem now lmao!! < says the retard who misses the point, which is that the game is still bizarre eye vomit with extremely retarded design in all aspects

multiplayer is pretty funny though

The other points have already been belabored and are mostly valid criticisms. The NPCs are just an unnecessary and persistent annoyance. Can they be worked around? Yes. Should a player have to work around an idiotic game concept like that in the first place? No. "I CAN'T LEAVE MY BUDDY SUPERFLY BEHIND." Yes you fucking can he doesn't do anything worth a damn anyway. Where is he anyway? OH, RIGHT, STUCK ON A FUCKING LADDER NEAR THE BEGINNING OF THE LEVEL. That isn't difficulty, that's "the game designer really wanted you to like this retard and drag him around constantly despite our AI coding not being anywhere near up to snuff for it. You figure it out, lol". The rest of the design was an obvious, deliberate (and misguided) choice, but that? That's just Romero/Ion Storm's hackitude putting itself on full display, like a child that wants you to be proud of the fact that he just painted your entire kitchen with peanut butter.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
I feel like the people complain about the companions are probably the kinds of people who complain when any game is too hard, regardless of whether it's shit. And the thing is most of Daikatana is actually too easy most of the time, even on the hardest difficulty with limited saves. But liek, if u install mod to remove companions its gewd gaem now lmao!! < says the retard who misses the point, which is that the game is still bizarre eye vomit with extremely retarded design in all aspects

multiplayer is pretty funny though

The other points have already been belabored and are mostly valid criticisms. The NPCs are just an unnecessary and persistent annoyance. Can they be worked around? Yes. Should a player have to work around an idiotic game concept like that in the first place? No. "I CAN'T LEAVE MY BUDDY SUPERFLY BEHIND." Yes you fucking can he doesn't do anything worth a damn anyway. Where is he anyway? OH, RIGHT, STUCK ON A FUCKING LADDER NEAR THE BEGINNING OF THE LEVEL. That isn't difficulty, that's "the game designer really wanted you to like this retard and drag him around constantly despite our AI coding not being anywhere near up to snuff for it. You figure it out, lol". The rest of the design was an obvious, deliberate (and misguided) choice, but that? That's just Romero/Ion Storm's hackitude putting itself on full display, like a child that wants you to be proud of the fact that he just painted your entire kitchen with peanut butter.
I tried to play the game without companions,killed a bunch of robot mosquito,got bored and deleted it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom