Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What's your favorite fantasy RPG class?

My favorite class is...

• Barbarian

Votes: 10 6.2%
  • Bard

Votes: 5 3.1%
  • Cleric

Votes: 17 10.5%
  • Druid

Votes: 12 7.4%
  • Fighter

Votes: 15 9.3%
  • Monk

Votes: 4 2.5%
  • Paladin

Votes: 19 11.7%
  • Ranger

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Rogue

Votes: 18 11.1%
  • Sorceror

Votes: 5 3.1%
  • Warlock

Votes: 6 3.7%
  • Wizard

Votes: 24 14.8%
  • My favorite class isn't listed (post)

Votes: 10 6.2%
  • I don't really have a favorite class

Votes: 6 3.7%
  • I don't actually like fantasy RPGs very much

Votes: 4 2.5%

• Total voters

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Alcoholic is not really a class, is it?
:smug:
It is if you want it to be.
Also a Fin calling me an alcoholic feels like the crowning achievement of me career.

To mistake Thief AKA Bulgarian, for alcoholic... ahh those Finns.
Yeah,they really do drink too much. I do prefer a good slow burner that enjoys the drink,they just slurp 200ml on ex and fall bellow the table.
You say that like it's a bad thing
thinking.png

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Alcoholic is not really a class, is it?
:smug:
It is if you want it to be.
Also a Fin calling me an alcoholic feels like the crowning achievement of me career.

To mistake Thief AKA Bulgarian, for alcoholic... ahh those Finns.
Yeah,they really do drink too much. I do prefer a good slow burner that enjoys the drink,they just slurp 200ml on ex and fall bellow the table.
You say that like it's a bad thing
thinking.png
Drinking is to be enjoyed,not to just spend 10 minutes getting drunk and the rest of the night pissing yourself under the table like animal lol.

Narax

Educated
It depends on the setting, but I mostly roll with the rogue and thief classes.

Poseidon00

Arcane
Monk. I have always liked the idea of fantasy martial arts, particularly if you can combine some form of casting with it. I was able to forgive a lot about Jade Empire just because the whole game centered around that sort of character.

Gastrick

Cipher
Fighter's the best since you're a muscular, kickass guy and not a skinny faggot.

Gastrick

Cipher
Fighter's the best since you're a muscular, kickass guy and not a skinny faggot.

Yeah but you're second to the Barbarian. What is the point of being the number two toughest guy around?
Good point, now that I see Barbarian also listed, Barbarian is the best class. There's no reason why you'd not want to be like Arnold fucking Schwarzenegger in Conan the Barbarian.

Voids

Augur
I've always liked the old school fighter-thief. They seem the most like what you'd have to be as a solo dungeon crawler type, who has to sneak around to survive but can battle through and survive when backed into a corner. They are the most like the classic adventurer in my mind.

Fenris 2.0

Augur

Kliwer

Savant
I like to play as a melee warrior, however I prefer to have more options than a plain fighter has. So my favorite class (in general) is ranger. At least in PnP games. Shame that this playstyle translate badly into video games.

In theory I like bards and general concept of this class, but in most systems is hard to create a competent melee bard (5. edition of D&D is an exception). I wish to have a bard class without spells - the type of skald with big axe and heroic songs only.

Kliwer

Savant
Fantasy postulates the existence of magic. If you love fantasy, then why would you not be a mage?

Em... to be a warrior who kills dark wizards? It is a pleasure to put big sword into warlocks guts.

Jason Liang

Arcane
Druids for me. I love magic that summons creatures, communicates with them, draws strength from them (like Beastmaster). Also love weather magic such as Ice Storms, Earthquakes, Wind, Rain, etc... Evil -type druids with some Necromantic powers such as Withering Touch, are even cooler. I also like multi-class druid/ rogue, I think it's a cooler concept than wizard/ rogue.

Although they are not too common, I do love stories that have druid/ shaman types. Some examples-

- The Druids from Pools of Darkness were awesome
- Merlin (Myrddin) from Stephen Lawhead's Pendragon cycle (although he is more like a Druid/ Bard)
- Sam Verner from the Shadowrun trilogy novels
- Probably one of my all-time favorite characters is Yngvild Olafsdottir, a viking weather wytch pirate captain from 7th Sea

Yngvild_Olafssdottir.jpg

Also, some of my favorite druids from Warlord CCG:

Huntress_Volda.jpg
Enkida.jpg
Leun_Moonstone.jpg
Magheline.jpg
Srykin.jpg
Dryad.jpg

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom