Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anime How come DU doesn't pay for Codex?

Unwanted

Kalin

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Taluntain says running RPG Codex costs a couple of hundred bucks per month. OK if you're a neet or a nigger or something but asshole admin shitposts about having "a real job" so how come he can't dish out a couple of hundred bucks a month for his passion project? I spend that on booze, AngryEddy spends it on WH40k figures and PorkyThePaladin spends ten times that on Big Mac. I'm genuinely perplexed here so what's up with the ad, potato and fundraiser bullshit?

Asking for a friend.

Maxie

The answer is real simple. Whatever money DarkUnderlord scrounges up is instantly used to purchase, in no particular order;

narcotics;
benzos;
hair growth formula.

He's hopeless with money, and a certain ethno-religious group knows it perfectly. Men, why do you think some big nose no-name who doesn't even play any games at all effectively runs this website, despite so many more role-playing RPG gamers being better suited for the job? I'm not saying that the website has been kidnapped by kikes, but that's exactly what I'm saying. Look into your heart.

I would pay to see Kalin and Maxie do that competitive slav squating dance where they squat and kick out their feet to primitive music.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
I'm a business man. My attitude is that if something can't pay for itself, it's not worth doing. So far the Codex has been pretty all right and we've been able to pay for the stuff we need behind the scenes to keep the place online.

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Community events such as "no avatars", "no buttons", "no GD access", "everyone's just a number", "you're going to jail", etc. require much resources to organize. It's only natural that those who enjoy the benefits participate financially.

Johannes

Arcane
Community events such as "no avatars", "no buttons", "no GD access", "everyone's just a number", "you're going to jail", etc. require much resources to organize. It's only natural that those who enjoy the benefits participate financially.
Remember back when having buttons, was the community project?

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Taluntain says running RPG Codex costs a couple of hundred bucks per month
Either that's a lie or they don't know what they're doing. Check out https://www.ipserver.su/en for actual prices.
I like how you linked a website that has server hosting plans that cost a couple hundred bucks per month. Or did you really want the Codex to become slow as fuck running on a dodgy Russian virtual server?
So you're telling me that running a shitty forum requires a 16 cores 3.5GHz each, 128 GB Ram, 2TB SSD? I'm sorry but are you taking me for a complete fucking retard? I wonder how people used to run forums when 4GB ram was the limit of what you could get without building a super computer.

And "Russian"... It's a platform that allows renting from relatively unknown data centers around the world, you can rent from data centers in the US, Europe, anywhere. The only "Russian" part in it is the ethnicity of the person who organized this automated business.

Keep paying $300 to your provider instead of $30, businessman.

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
Either that's a lie or they don't know what they're doing. Check out https://www.ipserver.su/en for actual prices.
I like how you linked a website that has server hosting plans that cost a couple hundred bucks per month. Or did you really want the Codex to become slow as fuck running on a dodgy Russian virtual server?
So you're telling me that running a shitty forum requires a 16 cores 3.5GHz each, 128 GB Ram, 2TB SSD? I'm sorry but are you taking me for a complete fucking retard? I wonder how people used to run forums when 4GB ram was the limit of what you could get without building a super computer.

And "Russian"... It's a platform that allows renting from relatively unknown data centers around the world, you can rent from data centers in the US, Europe, anywhere. The only "Russian" part in it is the ethnicity of the person who organized this automated business.

As with every other business:

Screen-Shot-2017-10-22-at-23.18.32.png

A horse of course

I'm a business man. My attitude is that if something can't pay for itself, it's not worth doing. So far the Codex has been pretty all right and we've been able to pay for the stuff we need behind the scenes to keep the place online.

A "business man" who regularly tempbans his most loyal and valuable clients. Very professional attitude you have there, you dumb Greek prostitute.

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
A "business man" who regularly tempbans his most loyal and valuable clients.
It's called catering to your base.

Us RPG fans regularly have our hopes crushed. By reproducing the pattern, DU is just maintaining our razor sharp edge.

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler

The other 270 dollars go to paying the mods that make this place the great place that it is. Do you think Infinitron does all that he does out of passion?

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik

As with every other business:

Screen-Shot-2017-10-22-at-23.18.32.png
Oh god this $300 service, it's heaven!

3db84dc4a3e97a057e5ffef5e671352e.png

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom