Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Prodeus - retro FPS by ex-Raven devs

Draconis

Liturgist
I ignored this game until I discovered the guy who made the Eviternity megawad is in the devteam. Now i wish the setting and the weapons and enemies weren't so uninspired.
Dunno man that Plexus gun in the video above looked pretty dope

Beowulf

Arcane
Totally not interested in the "replay the levels and climb the leaderboards" shit, but the built in ingame map editor sounds like a nice feature and nod towards the potential player base.

agentorange

Arcane
Patron
rpghq (cant read codex pms cuz of fag 2fa)
Codex 2012
I don't like how it looks... too much "splashy" blood & gore. I mean it's all over the viewable screen constantly then along with all the flashing colors...meh. :|
Another case of developers aping off of Brutal Doom, which is popular with the ADHD crowd who require maximal visual stimulus at all times.

It was just a few years ago that people would make those parody images/videos of how an older FPS would look like if it were made today, with all sorts of ugly and messy UI designs and overblown graphics, now that's the reality and it's celebrated.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
I don't like how it looks... too much "splashy" blood & gore. I mean it's all over the viewable screen constantly then along with all the flashing colors...meh. :|

Pretty sure the level of gore can be adjusted to a big degree, they even had a trailer to show that specifically.

Curratum

Jesus fucking Christ, you retards, get a real Sound Canvas if you're going to make MIDI music. There's no excuse.

The only retard here is you.

The music is not going to be midi rendered on a device and put as digital files in the game, it's going to be raw midi files played back by whatever midi device you have on your system.

Curratum

Fucking imagine people want their midis to sound the way they sounded back in 1994 on their shitty sound blaster! Just FUCKING IMAGINE!

PrettyDeadman

I have Arturia Minilab mk2. Will it be enough to record midi music for retro oldschool fps game?

geno

Savant
Is anyone playing the closed beta? For some reason devs thought I wasn't worth.

Curratum

Their discord is already filling up with newly made custom levels, it's nuts. I'm not in either, perhaps they'll do another wave of invites, who knows.

d1r

Busin 0 Wizardry Alternative Neo fanatic
Patron
Is anyone playing the closed beta? For some reason devs thought I wasn't worth.

Took me two weeks to get in.

edit: also, it's fucking great.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom