Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress [LP CYOA] Tower

Tigranes

Arcane
If there's one thing we know about these LPs, is that we should pick based on the choices we have now and the information we have now. I'm not really interested in banking it all on the idea that we do X "later". The October Revolution might happen next week, who knows?

I'm partial to the argument that we need to see out our dedication to Liz, but I just struggle to see what we're actually going to do with C or whether anything interesting will happen as a result.

Baltika9

Arcane
I also want to point out that the supernatural elements that the Hunter Association likely deals with probably has direct ties with the political aspects of the Tower. All the people are voting A because they want politics, but the Russians we saw in the abandoned temple were directly interfacing with supernatural elements. Us joining the Hunter's Association could be a direct way for us to get involved with a political entity, whether that means competing with the Ruskies or helping them.
I see where you're coming from, but they're not political enough for me. According to Tlalli's description, they work with members of the Council and religious organizations, but they are also constrained by their Masquerade:
Their investigations of these manifestations were purely academic at first, but soon the scholars found themselves at the forefront of the resolution of these cases wherever the monsters preyed on humans.

To that end, the modern day Association collaborates with various religious organizations holding sway in the Tower, and of course, the higher-ups of the Council, who have also become privy to this knowledge. However, they remain careful about their activities. Tlalli did not give you many details, but she impressed upon you that the fundamental rule that the Association follows is to conceal its actions as well as the monsters under a masquerade of sorts.

So, yeah, it sounds like we can only get involved with them indirectly. And I'll take playing as a medic in the trenches of WWI over monster hunting; it just sounds like a more human story, tbh.

I'm not really interested in banking it all on the idea that we do X "later". The October Revolution might happen next week, who knows?
Which is why I want to take Lenin's offer while it's still there. That said, I hope there's at least a WWI before it happens, I want to experience the time period fully.

Once we figure out how to cure Liz dies Liz drinks our blood, we'll see about joining the Hunter Association.
FTFY
FTFY

Guys, she's totally a vampire.

Last edited:

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
So it's C then? Unexpected win, let's see where that takes us. Unfortunately updates will be sparser for the coming few months since I'm entering a very busy phase of work, so that's the obligatory warning given.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

In before hilarious bedpan comedy with us getting violently shat on by diarrhea patients for 3 solid years. :M

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
Yeah! The BS arguments and flopping are over for a while! Sadly more seem to on the horizon with sparcer updates ahead.

In before we save Liz’s life, but she is repelled by the now permanent smell of shit that seems to follow us around and dumps us. (CHAR -1)

:negative:

Baltika9

Arcane
:roll:

Inb4 we work our ass off, spend nights in the hospital library, win the confidence of the doctors and secure an invitation into a medical school that Ralph Bayther offers to pay for.

And then Liz eats us for dinner.

In before we save Liz’s life, but she is repelled by the now permanent smell of shit that seems to follow us around and dumps us. (CHAR -1)
But Lambchop, she can't dump us. We're just friends.
:happytrollboy:

No matter what happens, we've fought the good fight, men.

We may have to wade through a mile of shit and piss, but we will stand up for our friends. Because that's the kind of wrinkly bastard we are.

Believe in the strength of friendship and literally murder all communists in real life.

:love:

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Inb4 we work our ass off, spend nights in the hospital library, win the confidence of the doctors and secure an invitation into a medical school that Ralph Bayther offers to pay for.

And then Liz eats us for dinner.
The chad thing for Treave to do would be Liz dying despite our best efforts anyway. That's worst possible timeline. I wonder if the school would still accept us?

Orbit

Scholar
No matter what happens, we've fought the good fight, men.

We may have to wade through a mile of shit and piss, but we will stand up for our friends. Because that's the kind of wrinkly bastard we are.

Believe in the strength of friendship and literally murder all communists in real life.

:love:
There's no better way to strengthen one's friendship than making someone feel embarrassed by wiping their ass clean. Or making them feel guilty for throwing your future away.

Well, at least Wrinkly is gonna learn that this world is full of shit and how to deal with it.

There's no better way to strengthen one's friendship than making someone feel embarrassed by wiping their ass clean.
Hopefully the hospital will have one or more orderlies that are female to do this. It's not like we'll be the only one there.

Or making them feel guilty for throwing your future away.
By learning to become a medical professional? There are worse ways to throw away one's future than getting a job.

Regardless, our intent was to try to find a cure for her. That's on us. If we fail, fine, but we had to give it a shot.

I don't view that as a waste.

Orbit

Scholar
I think being an orderly is more about performing treatments and less about inventing treatments. We should have gone to school to learn anatomy stuff to become a doctor or alchemic stuff to research cures.

I think being an orderly is more about performing treatments and less about inventing treatments. We should have gone to school to learn anatomy stuff to become a doctor or alchemic stuff to research cures.
We already discussed this at length and concluded that this was more likely to create the circumstance to finding a cure than the other routes.

Is it guaranteed? No.

But it is the choice we've made and it's locked in, so there's little point in crying about it now.

Baltika9

Arcane
Meh. A good deed is its own reward. That said, I disavow any responsibility for any and all negative consequences of picking 1C. All such complaints can be forwarded to Comrade Commissar Lambchop.

I am, however, ready to take credit for any positive developments.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Meh. A good deed is its own reward. That said, I disavow any responsibility for any and all negative consequences of picking 1C. All such complaints can be forwarded to Comrade Commissar Lambchop.

I am, however, ready to take credit for any positive developments.
Nix, I call dibs on finding Dr. Helsing.

CappenVarra

phase-based phantasmist
Patron
the question of heavan - how low will you geniuses go - towers over this thread like an immense shadow (not to mention the portentous tolling of a great bell; for whom does it toll indeed)

get your duck orderlies in order or in a row, duck mamacitas with a two-pronged crown agenda - for a dread Hunter (Elmer Fudd be his Christian name?) has his sights set on you

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Well, I'm still miffed about the Yuhe finger and brown weddings not happening, so I can handle this as well, surely.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom