Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Hogwarts Legacy - Harry Potter open world action RPG prequel set in the late 1800s

Irxy

Arcane
Project: Eternity
I liked Harry Potter as a kid. Can not imagine still being a big fan of them now. There are other books. Good ones, in fact.
Oh come on, it is a great setting for rpg. Not all fantasy has to be grimdark and political, or some generic high fantasy.

thesecret1

Arcane
Rowling is not just “a transphobe” — she’s the transphobe-in-chief, the respectable face of hate, the celebrity representative of transphobia.
:lol::lol::lol: Who would have thought he'd possibly read such a thing just a year ago?

Avarize

Magister
Islamophobia, homophobia, transphobia. They are all made up concepts. Almost no one described as such is actually afraid, merely in opposition. It would do much to improve discourse if the terms used were not so ideologically loaded.

Reinhardt

Arcane
Islamophobia, homophobia, transphobia. They are all made up concepts. Almost no one described as such is actually afraid, merely in opposition. It would do much to improve discourse if the terms used were not so ideologically loaded.
Let's be honest - trucks of peace are pretty scary.

Avarize

Magister
Let's be honest - trucks of peace are pretty scary.
Islamophobia is rational response if you are living in close proximity to Muslims with wahabbi or salafist leanings. I'm not so phobia definitely doesn't describe my thoughts, despite definitely being against Islam.

Anyway, the Islamophobia was there to pad out the list. Transphobia was the point.

Ihavenoidea

Educated
Will the black native people of England practice some kind of 18th century Voodoo, or will they say the same words, wave the same wands, and not even wear a bone up their nose?
Right now F2 Sulik seems like a more diverse representation than Warwick Davis magical midget jew.

thesecret1

Arcane
Will the black native people of England practice some kind of 18th century Voodoo, or will they say the same words, wave the same wands, and not even wear a bone up their nose?
Right now F2 Sulik seems like a more diverse representation than Warwick Davis magical midget jew.
They will arrive in flying pyramids, talking about the Wakandan school of Magic, but evil whitey mages will curse them, turning their massive palaces utilizing cold fusion into mudhuts, and them into retards. You as protagonist will either join the whiteys making the curse (the super evil option that will make you literally worse than Voldemort) or found a secret society targeted at breaking the curse (named BLM – Break Light-skin Magic).

Maxie

I took the smelliest motherfucking shit today I mean a rapist excrement hurt my ass like a nigger dick same color and size too goddamn I was surprised BLM dint get my ass when I've eventually managed to flush this mandingo down the cocksucker toilet I mean WHOAAA Holy Shit Das Intense Bruh

still less dire than this fucking game

Butter

Arcane
Patron
But that's the point. It makes the person who's against these things sound personally deficient.

Self-Ejected

Joseph Stalin

Totally not Auraculum
But that's the point. It makes the person who's against these things sound personally deficient.

Every concept is made up. It's in the name.

Avarize

Magister

Every concept is made up. It's in the name.
Galaxy brain.

Harthwain

Magister
Some of the devs started to comment out of butthurt months before the game has been officially announced, likely breaking the NDA in the process. So while the late official announcement is obviously a business decision, SJW cancer does exist among the devs there.
Really? I couldn't find much of anything on the subject (aside from Warner Bros. saying its "position on inclusiveness is well established"). I imagine that if they really had anything to show to the SJW crowd they'd have done so already.

Xamenos

Magister
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
They keep saying "transphobia" like it's something bad.

In the land of Progress, refusing to date a trans is not a crime yet?
This is actually one of the reasons they're upset at Rowling. There was an English lesbian feminist who dared say she doesn't want to fuck people with dicks, even if they call themselves women. She was cancelled, naturally, for this vile and hurtful comment. Rowling made the mistake to take her side and tweet in support.

Really? I couldn't find much of anything on the subject (aside from Warner Bros. saying its "position on inclusiveness is well established"). I imagine that if they really had anything to show to the SJW crowd they'd have done so already.
You should read this thread again. Start from page 1.

Dishonoredbr

Liturgist
There was an English lesbian feminist who dared say she doesn't want to fuck people with dicks, even if they call themselves women. She was cancelled, naturally, for this vile and hurtful comment.

Dude this sounds so fake that's nuts but somehow i can actually see that happening nowdays.

Xamenos

Magister
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
There was an English lesbian feminist who dared say she doesn't want to fuck people with dicks, even if they call themselves women. She was cancelled, naturally, for this vile and hurtful comment.

Dude this sounds so fake that's nuts but somehow i can actually see that happening nowdays.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magdalen_Berns

wikipedia said:
Her first and subsequent vlogs criticised claims that the unwillingness of cisgender lesbians to have sex with trans women who have penises (coined the "cotton ceiling") is due to transphobia, bigotry or prejudice rather than sexual orientation.

Read it and weep. At least this vile transphobe has since died of brain cancer, and her hurtful bigotry will not trouble anyone anymore.

baud

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I'm honestly surprised it took them this long to make a Harry Potter IP RPG with what looks like real effort. There are few assured money-makers out there, and this is one of them.

If it's late 1800-s, Martini Henry is better than any gay magic.

Big V's plan for world domination was an army of like 20 people. I think the HP universe doesn't really have real-world practicalities such as standing armies, firearms that are actually used, or people with thinking organs in their skulls.

Or rules of magic that make sense. Casting a spell is literally "move the wand in the proper way + chant the spell correctly". Literally any retard can cast the Killing Curse. No specific levels of magical powers required.

There's a passage in the fourth book that says the exact opposite:

“Avada Kedavra’s a curse that needs a powerful bit of magic behind it - you could all get your wands out now and point them at me and say the words, and I doubt I’d get so much as a nosebleed.

I don't disagree that the rules of magic don't make any sense (or rather Rowling never wrote those rules down) and magic's just a plot device, but the killing curse isn't open to everyone

Self-Ejected

Joseph Stalin

Totally not Auraculum
I'm honestly surprised it took them this long to make a Harry Potter IP RPG with what looks like real effort. There are few assured money-makers out there, and this is one of them.

Big V's plan for world domination was an army of like 20 people. I think the HP universe doesn't really have real-world practicalities such as standing armies, firearms that are actually used, or people with thinking organs in their skulls.

Or rules of magic that make sense. Casting a spell is literally "move the wand in the proper way + chant the spell correctly". Literally any retard can cast the Killing Curse. No specific levels of magical powers required.

“Avada Kedavra’s a curse that needs a powerful bit of magic behind it - you could all get your wands out now and point them at me and say the words, and I doubt I’d get so much as a nosebleed.

I don't disagree that the rules of magic don't make any sense (or rather Rowling never wrote those rules down) and magic's just a plot device, but the killing curse isn't open to everyone

So how in the fuck could Draco Malfoy pull it off? He didn't even WANT to kill Dumbledore, so no killing intent can explain this.

Delterius

Arcane

So how in the fuck could Draco Malfoy pull it off? He didn't even WANT to kill Dumbledore, so no killing intent can explain this.
he's a pureblooded wizard so he's got magic+++

I'm not joking. That's the actual explanation. JK Rowling was always an anti-racist racist.

baud

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth

Wasn't Dumbledore a dead man walking at this point?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom