Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Realms Beyond: Ashes of the Fallen - Chaos Chronicles reborn and dead again

Unwanted

Horvatii

Unwanted
Being Managing Director and being owner are two completely separate things. Being managing director comes with a lot of bureaucratic responsibilities, and it might be better to have just one person shouldering that burden, so that the other one can focus on coding, especially if they have so few people.
Not plausible, borderline laughable. Managing Director is a translation... They are literally 4 people right now, if that....
Friend of mine is in a 2 man Webdev shop GmbH. Guess how much bureauctratic responsibilities he has over the year? Rounded down 0%.
Legalese is handled by a ...drumdroll... lawyer.

:Flash:

Arcane
Being Managing Director and being owner are two completely separate things. Being managing director comes with a lot of bureaucratic responsibilities, and it might be better to have just one person shouldering that burden, so that the other one can focus on coding, especially if they have so few people.
Not plausible, borderline laughable. Managing Director is a translation... They are literally 4 people right now, if that....
Friend of mine is in a 2 man Webdev shop GmbH. Guess how much bureauctratic responsibilities he has over the year? Rounded down 0%.
Legalese is handled by a ...drumdroll... lawyer.
I'm also the co-owner, but not Managing Director, of a GmbH.
Yes, you can outsource all bureaucracy. Which means that in the end you have no idea what is going on in your company, and if your company grows you are stuck with huge bills, because that is how those outsourcing companies operate. And if your outsourced accountant fucks up something, you are still 100% responsible legally, even if you had 0% to do with it.
So it kind of makes sense to reduce the number of Managing Directors for a company of 4 people. On the other hand it means that you have to go through the hassle and cost of making that official.
I don't know what their reason is, all I'm saying is that it is not necessarily something bad.

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
They are financially....not good. BUT! they are very much alive and development is progressing. Apparently they are seducing right investor/publisher

Source: Discord channel

agris

Arcane
Patron
:Flash: don’t burn effort trying to explain the obvious. The codex has a host of people who understand things from a theoretical perspective only, regardless of their (lack) of experience.

Horvatii i wish we had a “naive” or “virgin” button, your post above is a great candidate for it.

Ranarama

Learned
I was hoping this game would come out, and get a take down from the Demons Age people. That would've been fucking hilarious.

Unwanted

Horvatii

Unwanted
Horvatii i wish we had a “naive” or “virgin” button, your post above is a great candidate for it.
xDDDDDDDDDDDDDD xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD literally the opposite wtf
Yeah a dev that appropriated 200k tax money, fucked the publisher by wasting another 400k to 600k of their money on god knows what. Refused to release whatever unfinished trash they had.
Dissolved the company. Now somehow got 100k tax money again! Con'ed retards like you to pay him 120k in Kikestarter bonds. Wasted that.
Comms went dead silent for long stretches of time. Now they change company structure after 3 years for no reason at all! No wait, its cause being a managing director is overhead! Couldnt think of it for 3 years!
Is now dicking you and other beliebers around with an unfinished g a m e that supposedly exists and is fun and playable lul.
Also looking for a braindead publisher to siphon more money from!

I have a JPEG to sell you in the Starshitizen thread

Tigranes

Arcane
Every day, someone on the internet proves that it's possible to take a shot at some colossally indefensible clusterfuck, and STILL miss the mark and make yourself look even more stupid.

daveyd

Savant
So, what's the news on discord?

Recent comments about the (Steam Early Access) release date from the developers:

"Early 2021 is still the plan. With 'early' meaning any time during the first half of the year. We're not going to state any specific month because it would be talking out of our ass. We could roll a d12 and pick whichever month it gives us, that would be just as accurate.

We're still working on the game and will release it to EA when it's ready for that. We're not at a point where we can confidently give an exact ETA to the month.

Remember the constant changes of the Combat Beta release date? If we picked an arbitrary date now, this situation would likely repeat."

But also note that backers who pledged for an EA version will get it about a month or two before it starts selling on Steam to the general public. My guess is that the backer EA probably won't come out until next year. The programmer still has some bugs to fix in the combat beta and likely non-combat features that aren't fully implemented yet. Meanwhile writers / designers are still working on quests for the early part of the game.

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Hmmm, delays give birth to delays. If we forgive delays to Cyberpunk 2077, so should we to Realms Beyond. Both teams had too big ambitions. Cyberpunk cut bunch of promised features while Realms Beyond significantly downsized playable map, keeping all promised gameplay features

I prefer Realms Beyond's way

daveyd

Savant
Hmmm, delays give birth to delays. If we forgive delays to Cyberpunk 2077, so should we to Realms Beyond. Both teams had too big ambitions. Cyberpunk cut bunch of promised features while Realms Beyond significantly downsized playable map, keeping all promised gameplay features

I prefer Realms Beyond's way

Technically I'm not even sure RB has downsized their playable map... Have they ever really revealed how big it was supposed to be? The game's world (Argaea) is quite large but the game is only taking place in a small part of it. Mainly one country (Cormac), though you can create characters who originate from the neighboring nations. If it sells well enough they want to make expansions that might expand the map to some of those other regions. But I think this was always the plan. It was never supposed to be the entire world or even the whole continent AFAIK.

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Not sure, so don't quote me, but I believe we indeed never were supposed to have map of entire continent in first game but I seem to remember that initially much more then Cormac was supposed to be travelable. Might be wrong, of course

daveyd

Savant
Not sure, so don't quote me, but I believe we indeed never were supposed to have map of entire continent in first game but I seem to remember that initially much more then Cormac was supposed to be travelable. Might be wrong, of course

Well, I'm not sure what they may have said about it years ago, but I found a comment from their lead writer in May on Discord:

"The initial release will only cover Cormac. Cormac itself features over 20-30 locations. There will be some bits of Kvenland in the 1.0 release (but not the entire realm). We plan to add other realms (Pyrrhenia, Wildlands, Kvenland, Sabag-Hirar) in expansions."

In the combat beta we can see a swamp region, a desert, and an icy area so at least it doesn't seem that lack of art assets are necessarily holding them back (Of course we don't know the full extent of the monsters and creatures they have created). And I still get the sense that they want the game to be pretty big (at least several dozens of hours for a playthrough) So it seems this decision may be more about having the world feel like a big place rather than them reducing the scope.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom