Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Scam Citizen - Only people with too much money can become StarCitizens! WOULD YOU LIKE TO KNOW MORE?

Data4

Arcane
Regarding that removal of armistice restrictions that got posted before the last two pages of autism, this of course means that station trolling will get 100x worse, because

tumblr_lmq0ceRtGM1qacgfco1_500.gif

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Same here, Haba. I just think that lumping all coders together is wrong thing to do. The difference of a salary of someone who can only do JS, even the modern react/node stuff, vs. someone who actually understands how computers and networks work and can write GOOD low level code is enormous.

That is how it is for a lot of professions. Look at "sales managers". One can be selling sausages and the other have a team of people working under them, selling a billion dollar project.

Myobi

Liturgist
Regarding that removal of armistice restrictions that got posted before the last two pages of autism, this of course means that station trolling will get 100x worse, because

tumblr_lmq0ceRtGM1qacgfco1_500.gif

"Trolling" Yawn* As if the multiplayer aspect of this fucking thing wasn’t already doomed from the start.

“realism foh the sake of REEEEulism”, tedious ass chore-like crap just cuz “mah immershion!”, built as an MMO, sprinkled with a ridiculous P2W monetization scheme ~ I really hope this game actually gets made, while I’m still alive, because this shit will be hilarious.

Self-Ejected

Joseph Stalin

Totally not Auraculum
At this point in time any contempt or disgust I ever felt towards Chris Roberts has dissipated, only to be replaced by sheer awe. Think about it, people - the man:
- Sucker people for hundreds of MILLIONS of dollars.
- Delivers no product for years on end.
- Get off completely Scott-free.
- Still has a sizeable cult defending his actions.
- Hired his WIFE, all the while lying about their relationship, and gave her a huge salary, while she in turn proceeded to do basically nothing - all in plain sight.
- Take expensive vacations, buy a yaht, and travel around the world, all the while still being an ultra-micro-managing dictator.
- No end in sight.

The last thing on the checklist I can't cross out yet is "financing a movie". And it's coming, since everyone and their mother knows that Roberts' true ambition lies in being a director.

Bigg Boss

Arcane
I have a friend that spent like a thousand bucks on this game. I don't know whether to feel sorry for him or myself.

Perkel

Arcane
3.11 seems to be almost ready for release. Evocati testers started testing it last week so going by history in about 2-3 weeks 3.11 will be released and as usual first week it will be more broken than normally (which is pretty broken..)

Qo0av8d.jpg

Self-Ejected

Joseph Stalin

Totally not Auraculum
3.11 seems to be almost ready for release. Evocati testers started testing it last week so going by history in about 2-3 weeks 3.11 will be released and as usual first week it will be more broken than normally (which is pretty broken..)

Qo0av8d.jpg

Version 3.1... of the alpha... in 2020. Honest, un-ironic question here - how can ANYONE still believe this game will ever come out in a complete state?

AN4RCHID

Arcane
The planet updates look great. Force reactions are very cool. The inventory system is a good step toward proper looting and itemization, but not too interesting while it only applies to commodities. Cargo decks are apparently devoid of any gameplay at this point, don't see any reason to put them in right now except to show progress. The 'improved throw' does not look like it's fixed the major problems with throwing (unresponsiveness, unreliable physics).

Self-Ejected

Joseph Stalin

Totally not Auraculum
The planet updates look great. Force reactions are very cool. The inventory system is a good step toward proper looting and itemization, but not too interesting while it only applies to commodities. Cargo decks are apparently devoid of any gameplay at this point, don't see any reason to put them in right now except to show progress. The 'improved throw' does not look like it's fixed the major problems with throwing (unresponsiveness, unreliable physics).

This isn't the place to talk about this abomination, comrade. It is a place to mock it, and piss on its still-twitching corpse.

AN4RCHID

Arcane

Qo0av8d.jpg

Version 3.1... of the alpha... in 2020. Honest, un-ironic question here - how can ANYONE still believe this game will ever come out in a complete state?
My honest answer would be that it seems like everything they built before 3.0 engine-wise was placeholder or mockup (physics, netcode, UI, flight model, everything). Since 3.0 they've been rebuilding the engine with the actual scope in mind and they're making progress. I wouldn't defend the early management decisions, but they seem to have a solid foundation now and a real plan for how to build the game. I'm optimistic, but it'll depend on if they can keep funding up until they get their server code straightened out.

Self-Ejected

Joseph Stalin

Totally not Auraculum

Qo0av8d.jpg

My honest answer would be that it seems like everything they built before 3.0 engine-wise was placeholder or mockup. Since 3.0 they've been rebuilding the engine with the actual scope in mind and they're making progress. I wouldn't defend the early management decisions, but they seem to have a solid foundation now and a real plan for how to build the game. I'm optimistic, but it'll depend on if they can keep funding up until they get their server code straightened out.

You must be a paid shill. No one is this delusional, aside from the mentally ill, and if that is the case, you should be mercy-banned. This "game" has been in development for almost a full decade, with a larger budget than most AAA titles. It's a scam. And it's working.

AN4RCHID

Arcane
Sure, it's been poorly managed. Hiring a bunch of A list actors for a game that was years from release, for example. Things changed a lot after 3.0 though. They're now building a game that you can actually play, it's pretty fun, and the major issues are gradually getting addressed and the planned features are being built. It might still end up failing, but they're heading in the right direction right now.

Self-Ejected

Joseph Stalin

Totally not Auraculum
Sure, it's been poorly managed. Hiring a bunch of A list actors for a game that was years from release, for example. Things changed a lot after 3.0 though. They're now building a game that you can actually play, it's pretty fun, and the major issues are gradually getting addressed and the planned features are being built. It might still end up failing, but they're heading in the right direction right now.

You know I could copy-paste your reply and find almost exact copies on various forums from six months ago... and a year ago... and two years ago... and five years ago. You tell me, comrade - do you get paid per post, or a steady salary, or be you one of the so-called "simps?"

Self-Ejected

Joseph Stalin

Totally not Auraculum
Me butthurt, Trans-Financial-Man? On the contrary, I'm chuckling with smug satisfaction. Anyone who knew anything about Chris Roberts could predict this outcome from the start. The last game he successfully developed from start to finish was Wing Commander III (1994). Every other game after that he either just directed cut-scenes (Wing Commander IV), or was kicked out off (everything else).

Self-Ejected

Joseph Stalin

Totally not Auraculum
You know I could copy-paste your reply and find almost exact copies on various forums from six months ago... and a year ago... and two years ago... and five years ago
The same would be true six months ago, or two years ago, or anytime since 3.0.

How many hundreds of millions of dollars does Roberts has to steal/squander in order for cultists like you to admit that it's a scam? Another hundred millions? Two hundred?

DarKPenguiN

Arcane
You know I could copy-paste your reply and find almost exact copies on various forums from six months ago... and a year ago... and two years ago... and five years ago

How many hundreds of millions of dollars does Roberts has to steal/squander in order for cultists like you to admit that it's a scam? Another hundred millions? Two hundred?
Small potato's.

He needs ALL the moneys.

AN4RCHID

Arcane

How are they "stealing" money when people are donating of their own volition? Anyway, as long as they're making a game I'm interested in, I don't really care what the budget is.

DarKPenguiN

Arcane

How are they "stealing" money when people are donating of their own volition? Anyway, as long as they're making a game I'm interested in, I don't really care what the budget is.
I agree- I think you should buy another ship or three to show the haters.

DavidBVal

4 Dimension Games
Patron
Developer
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Pathfinder: Wrath

"donating"???

I see you apply a very ample definition of the term, sir. Are you saying people is just giving him their money just to make the world a better place, and not as their side of an intended transaction?

AN4RCHID

Arcane

"donating"???

I see you apply a very ample definition of the term, sir. Are you saying people is just giving him their money just to make the world a better place, and not as their side of an intended transaction?
wut. They're donating to support the project, like all crowdfunding.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom