Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Magic the Gathering Arena

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
deterministic system > RNG

Last edited:
sitting at 70 packs... im getting restless. What if they ban omnomnom and I lost my chance for free wildcards?
He's no Oko, so consider Uro. I'd say he's no Uro either and Uro's still riding free so probably not worth it. That deck's 33% of the meta (Supposedly) but I'd bet on them taking out Uro rather than the brand new shit. Especially since they let Oko run rampant for so long despite being way more broken presumably because he was a chase card in the latest standard set.

I'll be sad if Omnath gets nailed too since I'll miss out on wildcards, but I'm betting on WotC's greed.

Gyor

Savant
I decided to celebrate not getting a fine by buying two planeswalkers decks, Basri was actually only $20 Canadian, and Elspeth was $28 Canadian. It might not seem like the best deal, but the Canadian dollar's value has tanked, so it's not bad.

Anyways both decks have somethings pouchable by my peacekeeper deck and vis versa.

In the packs in them I got a foil Ampheria Caphony, and Purphoros, Bronze Blooded, and I forget what I got in the other pacts.

I have opened 5 theros packs, 3 of them free digit promo code packs and I've gotten Purphoros, Bronze Blooded 2, once digital and one physical.

I worship Hephaestus in real life, and wear his pendants around my neck and build a Shrine to him in my room.

Talk about about Omens!

Dawkinsfan69

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard
I love these land/spell cards, being able to keep a starting hand like this is so cool

MtY2pjf.jpg

draw lands off the top? cool now I have more spells. don't draw lands? cool I'll just play these dual cards as lands
plus it's kinda fun just to see a bunch of different special lands on the battlefield

Ranselknulf

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Maddening Cacophony is quickly becoming one of my favorite cards.

I just buttblasted a shrine deck by putting all 4 of their "sanctums of all" into the graveyard.

Couple it with Tormod's crypt (0 casting cost exile graveyard) for maximum butthurt.

edit..

kek, I built a retard deck

Lurrus of the dream den with Vantress gargoyle, frogify and shadowspear. Those landfall mill crabs make the vantress gargoyles actually useful now.

It somehow won haha

Last edited:

spectre

Arcane
Officially confirmed, looks like they're letting almost everybody in.
BFC49944A11799A86772FBB8B79D21DF2D22E181

I did a bunch of premier drafting the day before, was passed 2x Wayward Guide Beasts, figured it was time to put them to work.
The result was a rather impressive 90% Bo1 win streak that took me up two ranks up to mythic, so I guess it's rather well positioned in the current meta.
A bunch of 2/x 1 drops will eat non-interactive omnath shiznits.

List for reference. Better than it looks.
Deck
4 Akoum Hellhound (ZNR) 133
4 Anax, Hardened in the Forge (THB) 125
4 Bonecrusher Giant (ELD) 115
4 Castle Embereth (ELD) 239
4 Embercleave (ELD) 120
1 Fabled Passage (M21) 246
4 Fervent Champion (ELD) 124
1 Field of Ruin (THB) 242
2 Embereth Shieldbreaker (ELD) 122
3 Rimrock Knight (ELD) 137
4 Robber of the Rich (ELD) 138
4 Spikefield Hazard (ZNR) 166
2 Torbran, Thane of Red Fell (ELD) 147
2 Wayward Guide-Beast (ZNR) 176
17 Mountain (MIR) 346

Self-Ejected

Thac0

Time Mage
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
Wayward guide beast is interesting, completely overlooked that at first. Didn't look remotely playable to me, but it seems to be pulling it's weight?

spectre

Arcane
Wayward guide beast is interesting, completely overlooked that at first. Didn't look remotely playable to me, but it seems to be pulling it's weight?
2x is the ideal number, cause I don't see it most of the time and that's fine. When it does turn up, it's a welcome sight, because who doesn't love a hasted 2/2.
Built in trample is also nice with all the power boosting effects (rimjob knight), but the main synergy is to let you have your cake and eat it too with spikefields.
It can be a bit iffy when embercleaved (and you need to return two lands), it's also not great if it's your only 1st turn drop. I still woud play and use as a blocker. While there are better plays on turn 2 and 3,
if you're opening up with double Hellhound, it can be worth it if it ensures landfall coming through on the next turn.

If you're looking to have some fun with it, it's possible to exploit the Bo1 shuffler and play a 14 land historic rdw build where you only need to draw 1 mountain then you're essentially replaying the same land over and over again, with everything at 1 cmc,
you're drawing nothing but gas. Obviously a fundeck, but I like playing RDW that works like this.

spectre

Arcane
That's part of the appeal of premier drafts. You can get greedy and still get decent stuff. I grabbed a bunch of rare fliplands and even then managed to get semi-functional deck.
Though one run ended rather horribly with an embarrasing 0:3. Got a first pick Leyline Tyrant followed by a Magmatic Channeler, but the rest of the red stuff I got was utter crap. Never seen the dragon in any of the games.

Gyor

Savant
I used a Mythic Wild-card for the first time and got the Lithoform Engine, because I like that I can slip it into pretty much any deck and it will be useful, no matter the colour, so it's an effient, but fun choice.

Self-Ejected

Thac0

Time Mage
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
I speculate Uro only. Might be wishfull thinking, I am so tired of playing against Uro.
Clover is fine, that deck died a few sets after it was printed. I think it is only strong atm because noone has experimented with the new power options much yet, since Omnath is so obviously broken.

zerotol

Arcane
Patron
Good that they banned Uro in the 4C Omnath deck. They tried to fool them putting Omnath in the name so people wouldnt ban Uro but alas WOTC is big brain.

spectre

Arcane
So, getting four Omnaths with the new wildcards seemed like the logical thing to do. Keeping my fingers crossed.

(I actually used them to bring my Scourge of Skyclaves deck closer to completion, now I only need two more lands of self-harm to make it tick.
That shit is more mythic-hungry than jank like this has any right to be
I think I pulled one or two Omnaths from packs, so those will do. It's almost as boring to play with and play against as shamrocks, imo)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom