Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker Builds and Strats Thread

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Hahaha you're all too stupid to figure out UNFAIR difficulty is not meant for normal play.

Inquisitor Jaethal is fine at level 4. Stop being proud about having a dildo up your ass when you boot up the game.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Hahaha you're all too stupid to figure out UNFAIR difficulty is not meant for normal play.

Inquisitor Jaethal is fine at level 4. Stop being proud about having a dildo up your ass when you boot up the game.
Unfair? What are you? A BABY? Just set all those sliders to the far right like a REAL MAN. :martini:

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Still no one man enough to put KM on hard I notice.

Desiderius

Patron
Still no one man enough to put KM on hard I notice.
I beat the game with maximum taxes at least, do I get a bronze medal for that or something

When moderns hear L’état, c’est moi they think "what an asshole" whereas the French of the time thought "Thank God, finally a king who won't shit his own bed like all those other LE morons."

Desiderius

Patron
I think I built a decent Elf ECB Wiz7/DivineGuardian3/Thug4/EK6 which gets you to lvl 7 spells and lets you use Combat Reflexes to spam Bodyguard and/or AoOs off of Fearing Dreadful Carnage back when we were trying to make ECB work.

You don't worry about caster level or maxxing INT/CHR because you aren't trying to beat saves or resists.

Desiderius

Patron
LG asshole is an overcorrection but a necessary one. There will be an LG Hellknight/Aeon run alongside Regill in Wrath.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I think I built a decent Elf ECB Wiz7/DivineGuardian3/Thug4/EK6 which gets you to lvl 7 spells and lets you use Combat Reflexes to spam Bodyguard and/or AoOs off of Fearing Dreadful Carnage back when we were trying to make ECB work.

You don't worry about caster level or maxxing INT/CHR because you aren't trying to beat saves or resists.
Shame to miss out on Seamantle, though.

Desiderius

Patron

Shame to miss out on Seamantle, though.

Sure, but that’s kind of win more at that point unless you’re soloing. I think that’s why some late game mobs have Freedom of Movement.

razvedchiki

Erudite
im trying to build the perfect tank slayer and i came down to 2 builds

- dex slayer with 3 lvls of rogue for 1.5 dex to dmg,1 monk for them acs, rest slayer using the elven curved blade. (naked)
- str slayer slayer with one lvl of monk dip for the usual, dual wielding falcatas.( also naked).
both builds will take shatter defences for that sweet auto sneak attacks (combined with the dirge of doom).

prob the first one will be tankier due to the dex but the second will outdamage the first in the long run.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Not sure why you'd call a slayer "tank"?
It doesn't really fit to this class. I suppose you can make him survive well enough, but a "tank" designation really doesn't fit.

razvedchiki

Erudite
i want to use him as such, my mcs are usually tanks. trully an aldori defender/ swordlord is a better tank but doesnt have the same damage output.
next would be a sword saint which is untoucable once he is fully buffed but depends on rests/timed buffs.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
A Sword Saint depends on timed buffs mostly in Act 1 and partially 2. Beyond that his buffs are no longer a party limiting factor.

Desiderius

Patron
Haplo is basically saying no need to tank, just make front liners reasonably resilient and slay. Best D is a good O.

For DEX-melee Slayer Vanguard is the way to go for Uncanny Dodge. Splashes eventually cost you Improved Quarry and delay your Advanced Rogue Feats so should be avoided. Vanguard especially needs to get to lvl 15 ASAP to up his Vanguard's Bond to +2/+2. It uses INT so that toon can also be skill monkey with Trapfinding.

Naked is bad for most of the game where it matters, as is the "usual" monk splash on a non-CHR/WIS toon.

I turned Valerie into a Slayer and she works just fine as a tank. I am aware that here 1 level of TSS does contribute. She'd be able to climb a bit higher in the AC category if I kept her TSS, but I like her getting sneak attacks, combat style feats, and eagerly await the few advanced rogue talents she's about to get. My PC is polarm slayer that uses Dirty Trick and Linzi Dazzles. Everything gets murdered.

bec de corbin

Educated
How does Valerie do as a kineticist? I didn't have that dlc last time I played, so I haven't tried it. She's got really high CON, right?

razvedchiki

Erudite
Haplo is basically saying no need to tank, just make front liners reasonably resilient and slay. Best D is a good O.

For DEX-melee Slayer Vanguard is the way to go for Uncanny Dodge. Splashes eventually cost you Improved Quarry and delay your Advanced Rogue Feats so should be avoided. Vanguard especially needs to get to lvl 15 ASAP to up his Vanguard's Bond to +2/+2. It uses INT so that toon can also be skill monkey with Trapfinding.

Naked is bad for most of the game where it matters, as is the "usual" monk splash on a non-CHR/WIS toon.

Does vanguard bond stack with freebooters bond?

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
Anyone using CotW mod? You need to lvl up your pets yourself.

Who has a kickass smilodon build?

Desiderius

Patron

Smilodon doesn’t need a build to kick ass. Dirty Fighting into Quick Dirty Trick is a fun one, but it’s also useful to get the teamwork feats that take away soft cover for your ranged toons.

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas

Smilodon doesn’t need a build to kick ass. Dirty Fighting into Quick Dirty Trick is a fun one, but it’s also useful to get the teamwork feats that take away soft cover for your ranged toons.

He is with a Mad Dog/Sacred Huntsman build and will get the teamwork feats free.

Say does that ability go both ways? If I take outflank on the cat will the sacred huntsman get it?

Anyway I'll look into dirty fighting.

you can also give them some trinkets/rings etc.

Yeah that's the one of the reasons I wanted to try it out.

I’ve been going ham with the respec mod and having so much fun. Respeccing the companions’ base classes but keeping their original stats. Not pure but it still feels ok on Hard.

Right now I’m using:
MC: Paladin w/ 2h
Valerie: Bard. Melee outflank buddy and enchants.
Jaethal: Ecclesitheurge (Asmodeus, Fire and Trickery, blaster). Reach weapons.
Ekundayo: Ranged Slayer
Jubilost: Grenadier
Kanerah: Wiz/AT, Kalikke: Water/Air Kin

Ranged slayer and grenadier are totally absurd. Paladin is a little one note especially if he can’t smite anyone but Jaethal. I might try something new there soon. He also gets smeared in melee sometimes.

Amiri is on deck as a Freebooter and she’s super strong, too.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin

Does vanguard bond stack with freebooters bond?

Absolutely ridiculous :lol:

Desiderius

Patron
Not really. Kind of clunky actually. Number of rounds = INT bonus, plus the way rounding works it doesn't hit +2/+2 until lvl 15.

Bashful Shield Bash.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom