Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cyberpunk 2077 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Technomancer

Liturgist
It's like a bird singing... and then someone cuts its throat and poor creature starts to choke in its own blood, making horrible noises in the process. That's the Japanese language.
Wait 'till you hear it in engrish

Danikas

Arcane
wo244dpkmhp51.png

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
It was. Just because a game is split into multiple maps does not mean it is not open world.

An open world game is one where you can sprint at lvl 1 to the area where the final "boss fight" will take place. (or something along the lines).

Voodoo and cyberspace go together like peanut butter and jelly. It's a core Cyberpunk trope, ever since Neuromancer, if not before.

Stop spreading shit info.

The dumb negros hackers and voodoo shit was introduced in Count Zero by Gibson after he went full retard because a botched lobotomy where he though it was a good idea that AIs interact with humanity in the form Haitian voodoo gods.
A quick trip to Gibson's twitter stands as proof to this day that he's beyond help.
Also, someone can smell Pondsmith's racial inferiority complex from a mile away if he chose to stole this brilliant idea from Gibson where superstitious negros that can't even speak proper English are masters in STEM fields.

I was planning on getting a new PC for this
Someone that buys a new PC just for a game should have his balls removed.

I'm one of the ones who played really far into Twitcher3 but never quite made it to the end. I just got exhausted.

Of course you did.
Your age is incompatible with long, "repetitive" games.
How old were you again?

Maybe Cyberpunk's combat at high character level will look like in Mirror's Edge .

Someone called raytracing mainstream now but I think that's still a long stretch.

It will become mainstream in 5 years when PrimeCunta will finally be able to buy a monitor after diligently saving money from his pension.

Last edited:

gerey

Arcane
Zionist Agent
someone can smell Pondsmith's racial inferiority complex from a mile away
Leftists love to talk about "white fragility", when in truth it's the blacks that have the most fragile of egos - which goes a long way towards explaining why they are all so obnoxiously loud and the foundation of dey culcha is stolen valor... or, in their case, stealing achievements of other people so they don't lock so pathetic in comparison.

And as others have mentioned, I bet the Haitians will be the most noble of all the gangs, followed by the Hispanics. I thought the setting was supposed to be gritty, but only two of the gangs seem to be portrayed as assholes. I wouldn't be this upset about this if it wasn't obvious the protagonist is going to be forced to interact with the Haitians. Can I side with that cybercop? Because stopping batshit insane AIs from getting out of their cage sounds like a much, much better idea than going into the virtual woods to poke the proverbial bear.

There wouldn't be a problem with Pondsmith cramming some of Gibson's more questionable ideas into his setting, and CDPR doing so as well, if this wasn't cherrypicked bullshit. So, okay, the Haitians treat AIs as gods or very powerful spirits (which in the context of the setting might make sense for them), fine, but are the writers then going to include other aspects of vibrant Haitian culture that might not be so palatable to a more civilized audience? No...? Guess them sensitivity consultants are earning their keep.

I wonder if CDPR will dare actually showcase criminal gangs for what they are, collectives of tribalistic sociopaths that coat themselves in ethnocentrism while brutalizing the very ethnic communities they profess to serve and protect, while also engaging in the most heinous actions humans can come up with. At least GTA does a good job of showing gangs as the assholes they truly are.

Last edited:

cpmartins

Cipher
The Voodoo Boys as they stand today have nothing to do with how they were in 2020. This is all on CDPR. They were just white people cosplaying as Haitians and were all fucking psychopaths.

Ol' Willy

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
Leftists love to talk about "white fragility", when in truth it's the blacks that have the most fragile of egos - which goes a long way towards explaining why they are all so obnoxiously loud and the foundation of dey culcha is stolen valor... or, in their case, stealing achievements of other people so they don't lock so pathetic in comparison.
I was discussing the "Achievement of Black Civilization" with friends just recently, and the only one indisputable and worthwhile achievement of theirs is music. I'm not talking about rap 'n shiet, rap is not music, it's just people talking over stolen samples. But genres like blues, jazz, soul, funk, even rock 'n roll were created by blacks (with the important note that all instrumentation in this genres is purely Western) by marrying African rhythms with Western melodicism. Probably the one and only time in the history when symbiosis of black and white cultures resulted in something genuinely good, and the only thing from blacks that really impacted the world.

Ol' Willy

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
This is some of the most annoying fake news ever because it's so widespread. Niggers didn't invent rock. White hillbillies did.
Rock 'n Roll has roots mostly in the black music, e.g. blues, rhythm 'n blues, boogie; with country music from the white side. Regardless of the above statement, rock 'n roll would never exist without negroes.

GhostCow

Balanced Gamer
Patron
Regardless of the above statement, rock 'n roll would never exist without negroes.
Absolutely not true. If you want to go that route niggers wouldn't even have music other than beating on rocks without the white man. Anyone can figure out that hitting a bunch of power chords sounds cool and call it rock and roll. Its one of the most basic things you can do with a guitar. Nothing special there that wouldn't have been done eventually no matter what.

Ol' Willy

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
niggers wouldn't even have music other than beating on rocks without the white man.
You should improve your English reading capabilities before learning any new languages. Because I said:
(with the important note that all instrumentation in this genres is purely Western)
marrying African rhythms with Western melodicism
symbiosis of black and white cultures
Anyone can figure out that hitting a bunch of power chords sounds cool and call it rock and roll.
Power chords spam is exactly the white man invention and it came way later, in the 60-s. Rock 'n Roll follows different guidelines. I see a little point in discussing this things with you because you know quite little about the theory present.

Also, the thing to note is that it was accent on rhythm that made rock 'n roll possible. White music puts melody above all, black music does that with rhythm. You know, when Stravinsky premiered his Rite of Spring it was criticized exactly because of the strong rhythm present, with passages as "If M. Stravinsky had wished to be really primitive, he would have been wise to score his ballet for nothing but drums".

Semiurge

Cipher
White music puts melody above all, black music does that with rhythm.

Blasphemous jungle music. Infused with rhythms that elevate heartbeat, over-excite the senses and simulate the very thrusts of the coital act.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom