Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Well, that’s CG for you. The alignment of happy women and children.

"Happy families are all alike; every unhappy family is unhappy in its own way."

- Tolstoy, Anna Karenina

Shadenuat

Arcane
I am thinking what be the most degenerate char I coul dplay. Something like 9 tails Kitsune witch winter witch + trickster chaotic neutral or chaotic evil.
people would want Lantern King back after I pounce all of them.

Bloodeyes

Arcane
It might actually be a you thing. Almost nobody has this many problems nowadays. Did you try verifying file integrity? Update your drivers? What are your pc specs? Try something because what you're experiencing seems over the top even if we were still on day 1 release

That's possible. I have the minimum specs but only just. I'm actually ordering a gaming PC tonight so hopefully the game runs better on that.
As a follow up to this I can confirm that yes, it was indeed my PC. Mostly. I played for a few hours today on the new comp and didn't experience any of the aforementioned issues. I did, however, get some slowdowns that were fixed by restarting the game.

Shinros

Learned
Devil is the secret mythic path - just checked it as well, and it's right there in the files. Perhaps it's a false flag by Owlcats, but I doubt it.

59mkrou.png

I think the devil mythic path might connect to Aeon because.

Aeon gets a devil adviser who asks if he can hand out contracts. If your PC is less than virtous you say yes, the Aeon quest entails you handling trials and criminals, the devils suggests to bend the law to benefit yourself and the city, while at the same time handing out contracts to criminals. On the other hand your aeon teacher wants you to follow the law. I've talked with the Aeon writer on discord, they said if you follow the devils advice it becomes harder to change the past as an aeon, but if you follow the devil's advice, something else happens. They were cagey, for spoiler reasons. You can ask the devil if it is possible to become a devil without torture and he goes, well yes, but no. I'll look into it, but such an offer might be made to exceptional individuals.

Also I recalled the discussion from the QA, someone dug up this picture on the discord. So when this came up before in the thread I was flat out wrong. InD was right.

Screenshot_20200926-114329.png

Last edited:

Technomancer

Liturgist
Cavalier: Beast Rider, Disciple of the Pike, Gendarme, Knight of the Wall, Standard Bearer, empty slot
Empty should be Saurian Champion if the dinos will ever make it in.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Hey, I hear that Kitsune win the race vote.

Wow, I am glad that pest like rat doesn't win, can't wait for Kitsune Sorcerer, Kitsune Bard, Kitsune Ranger. Truly a tasteful choice of PF community there :)

:smug:

On Devil Mythic Path note, it is most likely be connected to Aeon instead. You will get Devil advisor and he is offering you something in jest from the screenshots in Discord. Apt, considering Aeon is already Lawful Stupid so peering off to Lawful Evil won't be hard.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Everyone! Don't be weak! When the time comes, find the strength that's already inside your heart.

No gods or kings. Only man.

Choose your strength. Choose yourself. Follow the Legend path.

Desiderius

Patron
Everyone! Don't be weak! When the time comes, find the strength that's already inside your heart.

OK, Josh

Shinros

Learned
Hey, I hear that Kitsune win the race vote.

Wow, I am glad that pest like rat doesn't win, can't wait for Kitsune Sorcerer, Kitsune Bard, Kitsune Ranger. Truly a tasteful choice of PF community there :)

:smug:

On Devil Mythic Path note, it is most likely be connected to Aeon instead. You will get Devil advisor and he is offering you something in jest from the screenshots in Discord. Apt, considering Aeon is already Lawful Stupid so peering off to Lawful Evil won't be hard.

Yeah, so you were right. When I finished my Aeon run I thought it was strange on how they handled your devil advisor, there was one person on the discord who was pretty sure there was a devil mythic path considering the questions you can ask the devil and his contributions to the mythic quest. Now, it's basically been confirmed. Because the writer for Aeon notes there is a point system in the background on how your Aeon teacher grades you, you can also ask the devil for his opinion on your trials. He either approves or disapproves, depending on which side you follow.

Self-Ejected

Joseph Stalin

Totally not Auraculum

Most of the paths aren't related to gods...

Self-Ejected

Joseph Stalin

Totally not Auraculum
The best paths are the ones that don't enslave you to gods.

Only... you know... you will die, sooner or later, or be killed, or destroyed, or the world will end... and then you'll go to an afterlife ruled by one of those very gods. Thanks to Groetus we KNOW for a fact that Golarion's days are numbered, so not even Undeath will save you.

Ghulgothas

Arcane
What exactly is the Trickster Path?
It's the hard-coded Chaotic Path. Think of mythological tricksters, outwitting everyone else and getting by on cunning and resourcefulness . Gameplaywise they've been described as being able to influence rolls to their favor and getting to steal the positive outcomes enemy rolls for themselves, among other things. That, and they get a lot of friends in the Fae.

Desiderius is the resident expert on Tricksters.

Last edited:

Desiderius

Patron
I like skillz. Most cRPGs drop the ball on making those matter (looking at you Realms of Arcania). One of the best things about P:K is the extent to which that isn’t true. Skills matter a lot.

Trickster Path takes that to absurd levels. Will be fun dominating a game using shit that usually doesn’t matter at all.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom