Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Dungeon of Naheulbeuk - parodic fantasy tactical RPG - now with Back to the Futon DLC

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
UI is really well designed/sleek too.
The Ui is maybe the biggest problem,like lacking double tap equip or attack not being a default action on the mouse during combat,when clicking enemy.

That said i don't see how it is not a serious rpg? The game is pretty good and catches the table top spirit perfectly.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
How does this game compare to the 'Grotesque Tactics' series, other than having more modern graphics?

https://store.steampowered.com/sub/12355/

LoL that is pretty old and niche games there mate,you will be hard pressed to find codexers that had played them.

That said.....well it is closer to the second one. Tho the combat is more complex and the levelling is pretty good. Would recommend it.

Arkast

Novice
How does this game compare to the 'Grotesque Tactics' series, other than having more modern graphics?

https://store.steampowered.com/sub/12355/

LoL that is pretty old and niche games there mate,you will be hard pressed to find codexers that had played them.

That said.....well it is closer to the second one. Tho the combat is more complex and the levelling is pretty good. Would recommend it.

Excellent, because the GT series was shovelware, got them all for $1. Thanks. :)

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
BARBARIANS
Far better than degenerate dwarfs...

93op5GA.png

ftImg3v.png

thesecret1

Arcane
I love the character designs. They clearly don't fall for the "MUH REALISTIC ARMOR" retardation and are so much better for it. Just look at the paladin with her tit protrusions :lol:

bec de corbin

Educated
The elf's voice is fucking insufferable in all three languages, god damn what the hell were they thinking
like I get it ha ha there's asshole tabletop people who wants to play a ditzy idiot blonde hero and antagonize everyone, but that doesn't mean you have to put them in the game where i have to hear them

Codex Year of the Donut
The elf's voice is fucking insufferable in all three languages, god damn what the hell were they thinking
like I get it ha ha there's asshole tabletop people who wants to play a ditzy idiot blonde hero and antagonize everyone, but that doesn't mean you have to put them in the game where i have to hear them
you can specifically disable the elf voice in the options
idk what they were thinking

Bara

Arcane
While the mechanics are nothing like it the humor feels a lot like playing OAD&D and playing it has been a blast.

I especially loved the bit of knocking out the basement merchant and just ransacking her shop. Then the new shop manager has two permanently on staffed bodyguards.

Harthwain

Magister
Isn't that obvious? They were doing a parody, so they decided to make the elf - generally considered one of the wisest, if not the wisest, of races - into a blonde bimbo. Literally. She's dumber than the Ogre. They knew she will be annoying, because it's by design, so they gave people the option to mute her.

Codex Year of the Donut
Isn't that obvious? They were doing a parody, so they decided to make the elf - generally considered one of the wisest, if not the wisest, of races - into a blonde bimbo. Literally. She's dumber than the Ogre. They knew she will be annoying, because it's by design, so they gave people the option to mute her.
"we paid someone to record all these lines just so people would mute it"

thesecret1

Arcane
I don't know why you have such issues with voicing... it sounds okay to me. The elf just sounds like a bimbo, so what?

Codex Year of the Donut
What companion did you guys pick BTW?
also, Midranthir is a play on gandalf's name.
I went with the cleric. Strange choice, cleric is a staple of any party.

Last edited:

thesecret1

Arcane
What companion did you guys pick BTW?
I picked the Paladin because I found the idea of one fighting for justice and barbecues to be funny. Pretty good overall – decent damage and health, has very high parry so she negates enemy attacks often, and has pretty cool skills (especially the stun).

Codex Year of the Donut
So, how french is this game? Usually me and the french sensibilities don't match up very well.
If I didn't notice a few untranslated UI buttons I wouldn't know it was made by frenchies.
If you like combatfag games, check it out.
As far as humor goes, I'd say it's probably one of the better(? how many are there?) comedic RPGs.

Codex Year of the Donut
every turn-based RPG developer needs this shoved in their face
our1HmH.png

Want animations and cinematic closeups? Cool! Give me an option to disable it.
From a combat perspective, they've done basically everything right. Mechanics are fairly in-depth, counterbalance to bad RNG streaks, nice amount of varied skills/"classes", etc.,
Even from a story standpoint, they did a good job making the classes very distinct. Very D&D-ish feel with Elf, Dwarf, etc., being their own class.

Giving WL3 a good run for my personal RPGOTY so far but I'm not that far in. Really unexpected though, expected a crappy mobile game.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom