Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Titan Quest Anniversary Edition

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
Just got to Delphi and the dude tells me the story of the Trojan war and says Helen was the wife of Agamemnon. :rpgcodex:

Completely unplayable.

Also does the game pick up at all because I'm bored as fuck.

baud

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Just got to Delphi and the dude tells me the story of the Trojan war and says Helen was the wife of Agamemnon. :rpgcodex:

Completely unplayable.

Also does the game pick up at all because I'm bored as fuck.

I don't think the game change much, you'll just move from place to place a few times

Shadenuat

Arcane
Watching MrLlamaSC die on Typhon 10 times made me want to play this again a bit.

Problem with this game for me is that any time I roll I char I can't not click on Nature because it's so fun to have wolves and nymphs frolick around, put out spike barriers, etc.
Some of the best druid gameplay I ever had.

It really is a solid action RPG and should have been a bigger hit. Antiquity/age of myths is also underrated somewhat.

Maybe will roll rogue/dream or something with throw knives/bottles/traps/teleport mountain dew gameplay blink by accident and die instantly.

baud

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Watching MrLlamaSC die on Typhon 10 times made me want to play this again a bit.

Problem with this game for me is that any time I roll I char I can't not click on Nature because it's so fun to have wolves and nymphs frolick around, put out spike barriers, etc.

It really is a solid action RPG and should have been a bigger hit. Antiquity/age of myths is also underrated somewhat.

Maybe will roll rogue/dream or something with throw knives/bottles/traps/teleport mountain dew gameplay blink by accident and die instantly.

The setting is pretty cool, but I heard that the original devs wanted to lean even more in the mythology aspect of things (like choosing a god to worship), but received push back from the publisher (THQ)

One of the original devs wrote about this: https://web.archive.org/web/20171112195148/http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?p=37225

Last edited:

Mexi

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Man, I played the demo so long ago. I loved it, but I never bought it for some reason.

Anyways, I wouldn't be able to get into it anymore. ARPGs stopped being my thing after Dungeon Siege 2. I replayed it back in like 2010, but it was a chore finishing it.

Just nothing to keep me hooked. No great storyline, side-quests, or great companions. I'm not into looting just to get cool stuff. Reason I tried to play Diablo and couldn't get into it.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
I played it a bit recently (tried out two builds, a Storm/Nature one and Rogue/Nature one based on poisons) and it's really easy to demolish any sense of difficulty by farming the medusa queens for half an hour and then the first Telkine for half an hour. I got to somewhere in Egypt and haven't really booted the game up since then. I'd say there's something missing that Grim Dawn has but I can't put my finger on it.

Sensuki

Arcane
Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Until you come up against an RNG moster hero in Epic or Legendary with just the right random procs and items to kill you 5 times in a row before you can move on

Ranged builds probably less susceptible to that issue

Cael

Arcane
Until you come up against an RNG moster hero in Epic or Legendary with just the right random procs and items to kill you 5 times in a row before you can move on

Ranged builds probably less susceptible to that issue
Hunter ranged builds are pretty nice. That shattershot can rapidly clear entire groups of bad guys at a time.

Cael

Arcane
I think the easiest build I ever played was Bow Hunting/Nature, 0 deaths I'm pretty sure
I had one of those. The animal summons were, unfortunately, not up to scratch for tanking. They suffer from the usual problem with summons in games like this: Complete lack of power up when the numbers bloat goes insane (Hades, I am looking at you!).

I think my highest level Hunter build was Hunting/Dream or Hunting/Defence. I can't remember exactly. It's been years.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Storm's Ice Shards also demolishes entire screens of enemies once you max out the second upgrade.

Shadenuat

Arcane
I found in greece new throwing weapon (darts) with stats like
very fast
50% pierce
chance to reduce enemy HP by 50%
leech or something - I thrown it away in sawyeristic rage

as well as +skill items
seems like all the patches reduced difficulty.

However, normal TQ was never that difficult to begin with - just max 1-2 skills early and it's straight road to Chapter 4. It's addons and higher difficulties where things begin to pick up.

I play Rogue/Dream, venom weapon, venom bomb, teleport + arrow trap to deal with poison immunes with possibly Dream passives and summon since traps are pets afaik and he buffs summons. Use weapons with chance to lower resist and poison on it.

Rogue plays about as fun as I expected, ur like batman ninja n stuff.

I also like dialogue and setting and little details in this game (like an accidental goat climbed somewhere, do you know these are terror of Greece and they like, eat everything and climb giant trees?), too bad they couldn't insert all the mythology in it but I still appreciate how good this game looks.

Cael

Arcane
Storm's Ice Shards also demolishes entire screens of enemies once you max out the second upgrade.
The Oracle built (Storm/Spirit?) was pretty insane, especially since the bonus to cold and lightning acts on your staff as well, and Spirit's triple staff blast sends it to OP territory with a staff that leeches life and mana.

Lacrymas

Arcane
The Oracle built (Storm/Spirit?) was pretty insane, especially since the bonus to cold and lightning acts on your staff as well, and Spirit's triple staff blast sends it to OP territory with a staff that leeches life and mana.
Ternion, the triple blast thing, is infamous because casters are (were?) not as good as martials and a build utilizing Ternion was one of the few viable caster builds. Spirit + basically anything was viable as long as the whole thing revolved around Ternion. I'd say Dream + Spirit would be the most op in this case, but I'm not sure.

Sykar

Arcane

Ever since the Dark Underlord mod I cannot stop myself from using Earth. Dat meteor... damn!

Sykar

Arcane
Ternion, the triple blast thing, is infamous because casters are (were?) not as good as martials and a build utilizing Ternion was one of the few viable caster builds. Spirit + basically anything was viable as long as the whole thing revolved around Ternion. I'd say Dream + Spirit would be the most op in this case, but I'm not sure.

There was an incredibly strong melee build that could melt any boss in mere seconds. Vitality damage based with vitality damage socketed into the melee weapons. Not sure what the class was called in English since I played the German version but it was Dream+Spirit. Something like Divine?

Lacrymas

Arcane
That's just a botched translation, yeah. A lot of class names are tough to translate in general, especially the nuances between casters. There's no "sorcerer" in German for example, so they have to go with Zauberer (which is wizard imo) or Magier (mage), which gets really funny in games like Kingmaker where I have to guess what class they actually mean ;d They've translated sorcerer to "Hexenmeister" in Kingmaker, which I at first thought was a warlock until I remembered there are no warlocks in Kingmaker.

Cael

Arcane
I tried that before I'd say it was OK. I got furthest with my Oracle before I moved on to another game.

Sykar

Arcane
That's just a botched translation, yeah. A lot of class names are tough to translate in general, especially the nuances between casters. There's no "sorcerer" in German for example, so they have to go with Zauberer (which is wizard imo) or Magier (mage), which gets really funny in games like Kingmaker where I have to guess what class they actually mean ;d They've translated sorcerer to "Hexenmeister" in Kingmaker, which I at first thought was a warlock until I remembered there are no warlocks in Kingmaker.

Closest translation for "Diviner" would have probably been "Hellseher".

Shadenuat

Arcane
Beaten basic difficulty. Ragnarok felt like a mediocre mod. Modder did fantastic job with everything they had to make beautiful locations, lore is nice (even though going celtic/germanic after killing Hades is strange), but didn't have enough money for everything else. Possibly Rune mastery is also ok, haven't tried it.
Locations are gigantic (think BG1 x5), monsters are recycled, quests, outside of some main stuff, are shit (like, there is actual quest to collect 3x5 lupen claws; although it does have alternative way to solve it), items dropping feel retarded strong compared to main game.
Thankfully there is a speed up game option.

Still TQ is good game, which could have been great and a true classic if publisher didn't think it is "confusing" that there is snow in Greece.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Played this during a time of life best forgotten so forgotten.

Would have loved it five years earlier IIRC.

Axioms

Arcane
Developer
Playing Grim Dawn with the Titan Quests masteries was so satisfying. You can't port the campaign over but playing essentially Titan Quest in a new game was awesome.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom