Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Pathologic 2 (AKA Pathologic remake)

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
so this is basically a remake than sequel, why name it pathologic 2? to avoid confusion from pathologic classic HD? is pathologic classic worth playing or rendered obselete by 2?

Wunderbar

Arcane
so this is basically a remake than sequel, why name it pathologic 2? to avoid confusion from pathologic classic HD?
it was a publisher's decision. Tinybuild are a bunch of retards who failed to properly market the game.

is pathologic classic worth playing or rendered obselete by 2?
Gameplay-wise the remake original is worse, but it's still worth playing for Bachelor's campaign alone. Although, Haruspex' campaign is so different from the remake you may as well try it too.

Last edited:
Yeah if we never get the Patho2 Bachelor scenario I think Patho1 might be worth playing to experience his storyline. Preferably before Patho2, otherwise you will get spoiled by the much more uh playable gameplay. I know I gained a lot from having played (most of, ok, got to like Day 11 or something) the Bachelor scenario and seeing the intro sequence of Patho2 as Haruspex stuck in Bachelor's ending from Patho1 and trying desperately to prevent it.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
the game's aesthethics is just spot on. i haven't entranced by a game's graphics and atmosphere since Syberia.
it's kinda similar in the tone with permanently mist-enveloped town, rustic and bygone.

Wunderbar

Arcane
ice pick lodge got into financial troubles after the game bombed in sales, so it's not clear whether we even get Bachelor's campaign.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
so i am near the end of day 3, on the brink of starvation, completely exhausted, hanging on to life by a sliver of a thread, and i try my best to save doomed town from demon cow virus thing or whatever this thing is.

life is suffering. how are these ruskies make suffering fun(okay it;s not fun fun but thorougly enjoyable)?

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
day 4, i am doing pretty well considering everything. found respite with old friends 'round warm campfire, the medical worker compensation provide means to survive at least another day but it seems the real game starts here.

the game has an exquisite way managing tension and giving you release by its genius resource rarity. it feels hopeless, tiring, endless but never actually impossible to overcome so far. it's like bungee jumping into the pits of despair due to it's carefully curated events that give you means to hold out for another day.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
day 5 question about Rubin's quest:

do you need to kill all the 4 kindreds to save him or you can lure them out of the area by making them aggro you?

Wunderbar

Arcane

do you need to kill all the 4 kindreds to save him or you can lure them out of the area by making them aggro you?
i was short on health and ammo so i've decided to leave Rubin to die, but he didn't. Probably found another way to escape or talked his way out, idk.
unfortunately, for me he still died later into the game. Though this time it depends on your actions and you can save him for real (there's even an achievement for beating the game with Lara, Rubin and Grief alive).

Not sure how it worked out in Wunderbar's case, but actually I've read that he survives as long as you lure them out far enough that the quest updates and then you should be good.

v1rus

Arcane

Thats the most PITA part of the game, followed closely by that Abattoir shit.

Thank god, rest of the game doesnt have such bullcrap.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Died of starvation and exhaustion on day 6. RIP.

Can you die so much the game become unplayable due to the stacking penalty? I mean i probably won't mind restarting for this game, but i prefer not to.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom