Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mass Effect Legendary Edition remaster trilogy

Vorark

Erudite
https://venturebeat.com/2020/09/25/mass-effect-legendary-edition-is-still-coming-but-not-this-year/

Mass Effect: Legendary Edition is still coming — but not in 2020

Electronic Arts still hasn’t revealed Mass Effect: Legendary Edition, and that’s for a reason. The publisher originally planned to launch the remastered trilogy, that I first reported on back in May, with an October reveal and release. But now EA and developer BioWare are pushing that release into early 2021, according to people familiar with the development.

The primary factor holding up development, beyond the pandemic, is the original Mass Effect game. It currently does not live up to the quality of the rest of the package. It would make a poor first impression for new players, and it might disappoint fans who then won’t go on to play and experience the impressive upgrades for Mass Effect 2 and ME 3.

This is a problem with both the visuals and gameplay. The people working on the game understand the issues, and they want to do right by the franchise’s fans.

But one aspect those fans won’t get to experience regardless of how much time BioWare gets is the multiplayer. EA doesn’t plan to include the Mass Effect 3 multiplayer in this package. Something like that would turn this remaster into a live-service game, and that is likely not worth the investment. The publisher could instead put those resources into Apex Legends or another, new cooperative shooter — although that is just my speculation.

Mass Effect: Legendary Edition will, however, include all of the downloadable content for all three Mass Effect games. This will enable players to get the full experience included in the purchase price.

This might disappoint fans, but that’s on me and not EA or BioWare. They’re holding back until they’re certain.

ME1 is too :obviously: for the masses.

Or they are getting into trouble jury-rigging an early UE3 game to run on consoles known to struggle with the engine.

Last edited by a moderator:

Prime Junta

Huh, sounds like it’s more involved than just plugging in better textures then. Imagine that

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Huh, sounds like it’s more involved than just plugging in better textures then. Imagine that

Yes and no. The fact that they've seemingly only now realized that ME1's gameplay was unacceptable to modern audiences suggests that it was just a simple remaster at first. In a more ambitious project, overhauling ME1 would have been a design goal from the start.

Hellraiser

Arcane
For all we know they could be talking about anything in ME1 from the heat mechanic to the inventory system. Besides the concept of sticking to cover, 3 person parties and the dialogue system almost everything changed when comparing ME1 to ME2.

Morpheus Kitami

Liturgist
What impressive upgrades in 2 and 3? I mean, they look nicer sure, but while I liked ME3's item system better than ME1's, its not exactly "impressive".

Codex Year of the Donut
What impressive upgrades in 2 and 3? I mean, they look nicer sure, but while I liked ME3's item system better than ME1's, its not exactly "impressive".
ME3's combat and AI is far above the other two. ME2's combat is also a good step above ME1.
ME1 with ME3's combat would be an all around improvement to an already great game.

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In
The best thing about ME1 is that it had more of a horror atmosphere than the other two games.

A Babylon 5 remaster would be great! We could revisit the adventures of all the companions like Geribaldi, Ivanova, G'Kar, Lando and Lorien! We would know that it would end well because it had multiple satisfying endings!

J1M

Arcane
If this is really delayed to 2021 it is the worst thing to happen all year, but maybe that leaves them a little more time to realize they should add a fifth ending to ME3.

raesha

Educated

Both 2 and 3, while not necessarily better in terms of how much it is an RPG, has combat that plays far better from the perspective of being a cover based third person shooter.

They should either have gone full turned based, or done what they did in the games after ME1, right from the start. What they attempted in the first game did not work.

deuxhero

Arcane
Reminder that ehe ensign you can rape (legally speaking since she's your subordinate) in ME2 was originally going to be two characters with a threesome option. Why Jade Empire is the only Bioware game to include a threesome option, I have no idea.

https://venturebeat.com/2020/09/25/mass-effect-legendary-edition-is-still-coming-but-not-this-year/

Mass Effect: Legendary Edition is still coming — but not in 2020

Electronic Arts still hasn’t revealed Mass Effect: Legendary Edition, and that’s for a reason. The publisher originally planned to launch the remastered trilogy, that I first reported on back in May, with an October reveal and release. But now EA and developer BioWare are pushing that release into early 2021, according to people familiar with the development.

The primary factor holding up development, beyond the pandemic, is the original Mass Effect game. It currently does not live up to the quality of the rest of the package. It would make a poor first impression for new players, and it might disappoint fans who then won’t go on to play and experience the impressive upgrades for Mass Effect 2 and ME 3.

This is a problem with both the visuals and gameplay. The people working on the game understand the issues, and they want to do right by the franchise’s fans.

But one aspect those fans won’t get to experience regardless of how much time BioWare gets is the multiplayer. EA doesn’t plan to include the Mass Effect 3 multiplayer in this package. Something like that would turn this remaster into a live-service game, and that is likely not worth the investment. The publisher could instead put those resources into Apex Legends or another, new cooperative shooter — although that is just my speculation.

Mass Effect: Legendary Edition will, however, include all of the downloadable content for all three Mass Effect games. This will enable players to get the full experience included in the purchase price.

This might disappoint fans, but that’s on me and not EA or BioWare. They’re holding back until they’re certain.

ME1 is too :obviously: for the masses.

Or they are getting into trouble jury-rigging an early UE3 game to run on consoles known to struggle with the engine.

Watch: They're going to use the unused voiced lines (which apparently exist only because Bioware's coding is retarded and it would bug out without them) and make the two romancable humans bisexual.

Dramart

Learned
They should remove the Mako too and just place the party exactly where they need to be during sidequests.
The Mako was interesting, love and hate at first but the more I replay the game the more I appreciate it. The scanning and probes in the other two games were trash. Especially in ME, really annoying when you replay the game. In ME3 speaking with Hackett after almost every mission and the cutscenes with the child are annoying to go through again.

Morpheus Kitami

Liturgist
While ME1 was the only one in the series with any meaningful RPG mechanics, it was also gameplay-wise the worst game in series.
I dunno, the space sections were better and the powers were better in 1 than 2 by a mile. Honestly, stick the whacked out physics powers from 1 into 3 and I think you have the perfect ME game gameplay-wise.

all i need from this is mass effect 1 without inventory, with mass effect 2 combat, all being written by mass effect 3's citadel dlc crew.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom