Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter The Wayward Realms - upcoming Daggerfall-like RPG from original Elder Scrolls developers - coming to Kickstarter

Gastrick

Cipher
Your problem was not identifying yourself as Ron T Infini, the senior editor/journalist of the prestigious RPG Codex magazine.....
I was about to do almost the same thing but Bester isn't going to let me know what his intention was when he messaged David Simons.
They said the same about Grimoire.
That doesn't happen too often, with this game they've taken a whole year and half to get playing the "basic preliminary" stage and they want new programmers to do all the work for them. Meanwhile they argue on what the game's name will be and talk about their communist tranny fantasies on Discord. Going on there is like visiting an autism mental institution.

So I contacted the artist who drew that, figured I'd ask if he drew it for free like everyone else. These guys are too cheap to even hire an artist out of their pocket.

But my dark plans failed. This guy has too low of an IQ to understand simple English.

bbf5a08d48b77cd90637079e4dd76b4c.png

Who am I? It literally says in my second sentence. "I'm a fan of the project". Fucking learn to read, retard.

Your problem was not identifying yourself as Ron T Infini, the senior editor/journalist of the prestigious RPG Codex magazine.....
I disagree. A journalist comes off as some shark who wants nothing but to exploit their sources to get a story to shit on Incel Games.
But a powerless fan and a true devotee, he gets compassion for that, and may get a sip of info.

Your lack of skill in the field of information gathering is disgusting and proof of the degeneration of later generations. I recommend acquiring a Tactical Israelite or two for peak efficiency.

Let the maestro show you how it's done. Blue is me. Pink is my Shylock.

RV16Bi6.png

Also pay no attention to the possible [Redacted] behind the curtain. It's nothing anyone has to worry about for a while.

NwNgger

Educated
So I contacted the artist who drew that, figured I'd ask if he drew it for free like everyone else. These guys are too cheap to even hire an artist out of their pocket.

But my dark plans failed. This guy has too low of an IQ to understand simple English.

Who am I? It literally says in my second sentence. "I'm a fan of the project". Fucking learn to read, retard.

I disagree. A journalist comes off as some shark who wants nothing but to exploit their sources to get a story to shit on Incel Games.
But a powerless fan and a true devotee, he gets compassion for that, and may get a sip of info.

Your lack of skill in the field of information gathering is disgusting and proof of the degeneration of later generations. I recommend acquiring a Tactical Israelite or two for peak efficiency.

RV16Bi6.png

Also pay no attention to the possible [Redacted] behind the curtain. It's nothing anyone has to worry about for a while.
What an absolute joke of a company. But at least Bethesda will make something out of it. With or without Once Lost's help.

Oh god Bethesda are going to do it...

Gastrick

Cipher
My brain must've subconsciously skipped the first sentence, thanks for letting me know now.
:lol:

Self-Ejected

Joseph Stalin

Totally not Auraculum

RV16Bi6.png

So... potentially two Elder Scrolls games on the table, or will the Elder Scrolls VI be re-invented as a Daggefall-like game?

RV16Bi6.png

So... potentially two Elder Scrolls games on the table, or will the Elder Scrolls VI be re-invented as a Daggefall-like game?

I have no idea. And I doubt my source does either. From rumours and the occasional interview, if ESVI is in development at all it is extremely early days. So most likely the latter. I doubt this will amount to much with Bethesda. They might just think putting some proc gen in their next ES is a good idea. But that's all. Or it could mean a simplyfied and console orientated version of a Daggerfall style game. But with most of the RP elements removed. Nothing good will come of this, regardless.

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
So Pajeet shat down the throat of 2/3 best Publishing Opportunities.TM they could get in current market?!! He must be circling THQ's main HQ and farting, making sure no even half-decent publisher comes anywhere close this project

Best part by far must be: "they told Micro$oft to go away" when offered couple milions to ACTUALLY start company and making something more then Discord 2am shitposts. Shoo! Micro$soft! Shoo! I swear, since Ted Peterson created Sheogorath and based him on himself, this all checks out so much! Every single retarded commie zoomer Discord tranny he gathered, checks all requirements for Shivering Isles' full citizenship

Know what fellaz would make thing a bit more funny? If someone, maybe me later today, posted that chat picture and asked: "Why do you keep guy with obvious fetish for fucking up deals with major publishers as your Project Director? That'd be like if Bin Laden was head of flight safety for Boeing"

I can tell you their response in advance:
REEEEEE! NAZI PROPAGANDA! Don't believe lies of incel nazis, they hate good RPGs!

Now seriously for sec, my two cents: They freak out like off-duty Area 51 guards seeing one of intergalactic guests in strip club, because, well, we are very close to truth. In couple month's time since Indigo's article, what could fundamentally be changed? Not much. Few days before article, which I lobbied HEAVILY with Indigo to even be released, he was very hesitant, they outright denied all accusions of mismanagement, and everything was perfectly fine.TM. They are Discord commune of D grade Skyrim modders, two boomers and Pajeet with bowels of dragon, he is yet to become master of

What gives me 0 hope for this ever lifting of the ground, is comment by second in command on their Discord:

"Man, that is the only thing that really sucks about that article, it brought out the worse in these folks for 'no damned reason"

Really? You see no reason why people who were hopeful that Daggerfall will get sequal should throw all their hopes in garbage bin after that article? He's like Soviet guard on top of Berlin wall asking himself why all these people want to escape communist utopia. Something's wrong with them! Just LOL

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
This morning a lone would be programmer on his 2nd year of computer science wandered into OnceLost Discord. "Yeeeah, I know a bit C++, I should be able to pick up Unreal." Next semestar we have Unreal classes anyway

TSJXsGU.jpg

Programming student enters OnceLost Dicord chat

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Best part? Everything is 100% real. No made up stuff by me. Including them this morning welcoming 2nd year compsci student with "some C++ knowledge" as programming Messiah!

Best part? Everything is 100% real. No made up stuff by me. Including them this morning welcoming 2nd year compsci student with "some C++ knowledge" as programming Messiah!

You know what they say about the one eyed man in the kingdom of blind?

Nothing. Because the one eyed man has no depth perception and led all the blind people off a cliff without realising. So there's no one to talk about a one eyed man at all. I have no idea how the story even got to me. My information network probably. Anyways my experience with Unreal is limited. But I guarentee that the indentured fanboys they've hired will hit a roadblock with Unreal. A smart man like Julian could've probably made their own engine. I think that's what should've been done. Yes, it would take a while. But it'd stop any big coding snaffus like we are seeing with Star Citizen and inevitably we'll see with this project too. They will hit a point where Unreal simply doesn't support the more advanced stuff they want. Especially proc gen and world size. So they're going to have to replace that. Which will then break more things that need replacing. And development just becomes wackamole. Meanwhile, content teams are held up whilst inexperienced programmers apply sacred oils to machine code because that's what they were told to do in University.

Codex Year of the Donut
If they were set on making an actual (spiritual) sequel to Daggerfall, there's little reason to not simply use Daggerfall Unity as a starting point. It's MIT-licensed, after all.
They'll spend years reimplementing systems in whatever engine they pick before they even get started on the actual game. For reference, Daggerfall Unity(including whatever it was named previously, I forget) has been in development since 2013 or somesuch.

I have a feeling(especially so after reading the failed pitch) that they are less interested in making a game like Daggerfall than making a game like Skyrim though.

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Hard agree with "they should make their own game engine". If Julian truly houses GALAXY BRAIN in his skull, it's 100% doable. Kenshi/CD Projekt/Old Bethesda/Styg and countless other game devs made their own tools with which they built their own virtual worlds. Common thing they all had: hard work, sacrifice and mad skillz. Communists used to have fetish for hard work, at least in my country's past. These game devs post their ugly fat hobbit feet pics from their uni dorm and discuss it for better part of day in main chat for game.* And that's after "restructuring, learning from mistakes and raising efficiency"

*again, wish I was making shit up

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
If they were set on making an actual (spiritual) sequel to Daggerfall, there's little reason to not simply use Daggerfall Unity as a starting point. It's MIT-licensed, after all.

Even Gamebryo would be ok choice. They are Bethesda modders, so they could actually build something with Gamebryo. Make game pitch with it for publishers, in 18 months time they wasted, they could've had decent and playable idea pitch for publishers by now. Then when funding is secured, switch to Unreal/Custom engine

There's always a way when there's will. But only willpower they have is for shitposting

Codex Year of the Donut

Even Gamebryo would be ok choice. They are Bethesda modders, so they could actually build something with Gamebryo. Make game pitch with it for publishers, in 18 months time they wasted, they could've had decent and playable idea pitch for publishers by now. Then when funding is secured, switch to Unreal/Custom engine

There's always a way when there's will. But only willpower they have is for shitposting
Gamebryo would require licensing, probably costs a lot more than Unreal or Unity.
Also, I'm pretty sure that Bethesda's fork of Gamebryo is a lot different than Gamebryo itself.

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
One more disappointment to me is that according to Indigo they switched from Darklands to more TES like world. Probably smallest disappontment of all from them. Not like any of it will ever materialize lol

Apparently they have 1000s of pages written by now from Ted Peteron and 2 tonnes of artwork. Enough material to build PnP Kickstarter which if successful would finance game's making. I might even suggest this to them with one of my spy accounts

Then again this involves actual work, and they seem alergic to it :D

AndrewCC

Educated
Call me optimistic (or just retarded) but I think there's a good chance that M$ and Phil Spencer will whip Bethesda into enough of a shape to deliver something playable (and mildly enjoyable) along the lines of what Once Lost failed to make.
After all they want to get all the grognards to sign up for their GamePass too.
Me? Give me hand-crafted over procgen any day.

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Gib me 8m $ and I'd give you in 4-5 years what OnceLost promised but will never be able to make. RPGness level: Daggerfall. World Simulation level: Beyond Daggerfall. Graphics level: HD Skyrim. Art direction: Daggerfall/Morrowind. Music: Daggerfall's DJ. I'd have to kidnap Ted Peterson's brain first, and heal Avellone's depression with finest Belgrade hookers. Mr. LeFay is invited to sarma, too

Alas, Gods are playing Fall Guys.TM, laughing and not listening
:negative:

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
How about we just take the best of those things and put them together. You bring your finest Belgrade hookers, I'll just bring my coding skills and then we mix the two and see what happens. Expected result is we both get laid and that'd be more than Incel Games will ever do for us.

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
I'm of firm belief that game like Daggerfall 2 can't afford nor needs graphics better then Morrowind has with prettiest modding make up on. Skyrim HD with Morrowind/Daggerfall's art direction would look and feel soooooooo gud. Art direction is king

Focus should be on world being as alive as Stalker (they experimented with goblin tribes in Oblivion), faction politics simulated on level of Crusader Kings 2, RPG depth can be easily at level of Daggerfall and tutorial should be as good at teaching you how to play as Belgrade hookers are at taking your money and virginity. Best part? All doable under 5 years

Bulo

Scholar
Westerners like high-fidelity graphics, Slavs don't buy games.

Unless that changes, Daggerfall 2 (2aggerfall? Dagger2all?) is going to have a photorealistic bias.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom