Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Ryu Ga Gotoku Studio (Yakuza, Judgment, Binary Domain + more!) Discussion Thread

They should really work on releasing/remaking some of the spinoffs. The two Samurai games are pretty fun and have unique mechanics, plus there's not that many samurai games to begin with. Black Panther ( PSP, two games) is also fun as fuck, but they forgot it exists.

Ah yeah, Panther was good fun. It had a sequel but I never got my hands on it. I think that counts as the only Yakuza game I haven’t played.

I vaguely remember watching the TV drama 10 or so years ago too.

o0539035710795107242.jpg

spacer.gif

Last edited:
Those Black Panther games are made by AKI/syn Sophia, the developers the N64 wrestling games, some crazy Ultimate Muscle games, and Def Jam Fight for NY. It's too bad they never got to do something like them on something other than a portable system, those were their last action games.

Their wrestling games basically seem to be the foundation of Yakuza, as well as most 3D beat em ups since like 1998.

Deflowerer

Arcane
Those Black Panther games are made by AKI/syn Sophia, the developers the N64 wrestling games, some crazy Ultimate Muscle games, and Def Jam Fight for NY. It's too bad they never got to do something like them on something other than a portable system, those were their last action games.

Their wrestling games basically seem to be the foundation of Yakuza, as well as most 3D beat em ups since like 1998.

This is arguably the progenitor of Yakuza, since Nagoshi was involved with it as well.

This is arguably the progenitor of Yakuza, since Nagoshi was involved with it as well.

Yeah, SpikeOut would fall into that "as well as most 3D beat em ups since like 1998" thing I said. You've got Die Hard Arcade/Dynamite Deka in '96 (this would also be the first year AKI would release a wresling game) which is still rooted more in 2D beat 'em ups than what will come later, then like a couple years later you've got stuff like SpikeOut and Ehrgeiz popping up and they seem to be pulling from wrestling games. By Yakuza you've got something that plays a whole hell of a lot like a AKI game, (which is probably why they had them make those Black Panther games) with faster strikes, but not as free of a grappling system...like in Yakuza suplexing someone onto a guard rail is a contextual attack, where in a pure AKI game you'd just always have a suplex, and you'd have to hit them on it yourself.

Last edited:

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
If they dont stupid region lock it i will pick this over cb2077 on november.

If they hate money and region lock it for SEA at later date (like nier automata) then their loss

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Heh, me, too, region locked for the very country the game came from, too. Little bitch I am for this series, I’m going to buy it for PC
it seems PC digital distribution for asia are handled by chinese company because of course china = all of asia.

unknown.png

basically null in all of asia and based on steam forum, the only info i got is asia PC version will have their release at later date.

shame.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
basically null in all of asia and based on steam forum, the only info i got is asia PC version will have their release at later date.

shame.

It gives me a suspicion that Asian release for other platforms will coincide with PS5 release, March 2nd, 2020.

Anyway PS5 gameplay:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom