Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Well, ruiniung quests on purpose is surely less horrendous than leaving out the whole kingdom management content that one has payed for in money or in time / traffic.

Trashos

Arcane
The Linxia Quest is poorly constructed but it’s worth a good bit of coin, loot, and exp. don’t understand the point of intentionally failing a quest, especially if you’re already paying the price of being evil.

Yeah, I know how to "deal with the devil" now, the one and only correct approach to the quest according to its designer and god.

I didn't fail "Deal with the Devil", I failed "Feast of the Nail". I just didn't want to have to deal with the same shit I dealt with the first time I did "Deal with the Devil", assuming they have been designed by the same person.

That's a big assumption, of course, but the start of "Feast of the Nail" was already horrible. So I am not taking my chances.

Trashos

Arcane
I am assuming that "Deal with the Devil" is going to start at some point, regardless of what I did with "Feast of the Nail". I do not really know though, this was the first time I have ever seen "Feast of the Nail", I didn't come across it in my previous playthroughs.

Trashos

Arcane
I thought Deal with The Devil is kickstarter pledge quest... no?

That's what I have been told, but I have no info on Feast of the Nail, and the fact that both quests involve Hellknights is worrying. The beginning of Feast of the Nail was bad enough, and alarm bells started ringing.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
I thought Deal with The Devil is kickstarter pledge quest... no?

That's what I have been told, but I have no info on Feast of the Nail, and the fact that both quests involve Hellknights is worrying. The beginning of Feast of the Nail was bad enough, and alarm bells started ringing.

Alarm bells that you were about to get a bunch of cool shit uniquely available to you alignment for the low, low price of sitting through a timeshare presentation, I mean poorly written quest?

Sometimes I just don’t know about you man.

Trashos

Arcane
Alarm bells that you were about to get a bunch of cool shit uniquely available to you alignment for the low, low price of sitting through a timeshare presentation, I mean poorly written quest?

Are you talking about Feast of the Nail? I have no info on it, that's why I was asking about it above. I do not know how it pans out. If I knew how it goes, I would not have avoided it.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Boggard savages are notorious in that regard.

The pre-emptive grease pit is a nice counter to chargers in my experience.

For the first time ever, I got the "Feast of the nail" quest, where Hellknights ask to establish their presence in my barony. I got scared that this quest may have been designed by the same retard who designed the "Deal with the Devil" quest (which also involved Hellknights), so I turned the Hellknight request down, and the quest failed.

For future reference, does anyone know if "Feast of the Nail" has anything interesting to offer?
(I do not know whether this quest is available to everyone or just Lawful Evil characters)

I get what you mean.
The quest resolution never seemed that satisfying when you didn't follow the writer's intent. Very noticeable when I was assisting an artisan and she went out 'for a hike' into a dangerous territory alone. She went missing and I found her injured in the wilderness. I told her 'You shouldn't do this. It's dangerous' and the game failed the quest immediately. :lol:

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
I told her 'You shouldn't do this. It's dangerous' and the game failed the quest immediately.
It's because you basically pushed her to Bleaching, which - as described in the game - is the fate much worse than injury and death.
Also, this quest is one of my favourite moments in the game.

Desiderius

Patron
Picking up Jaethal's Companion Quest while out far east. Denied her the formula, but no way I'm joining that putz Enneo even if it supposedly is the LG response.

EnneoNukes.jpg

When you're out of all your buffs it's good to have a couple nukes up your sleeve.
ForgotAboutTirval.jpg

So forgot to build Tirval's shop for a couple hundred days. Don't do this, she has good stuff

Jae14Tranformation.jpg

So now my MC has Transformation and Jaethal's package is nearly complete. Alas no way to make her Supersized... yet.

ValFeyspeakerOwning.jpg

Val Feyspeaker and her pet pretty much doing it all. More nukeage.

Linzi14Serenity.jpg

Serenity's a nuke in its own right against the right foes when you've got DCs like this.
Val14tankCrushingDespair.jpg

Crushing Despair is a nice spell for a tank since melee toons often have poor Will Saves and it's easier to position the cone as a tank. If you want to Wild Shape and cast some Cone spells Feyspeaker is the way to go.

Also helps when you're immune to Compulsion within the Kingdom.

Val14SmilomaulingDemonBless.jpg

Val's Smilodon mauling another Demon. Note that his Bless Weapon (Demons have DR/Good) went on the Bite instead of the Claws.

Val14tank.jpg

Val getting to be a pretty smooth tank when needed. This squad doesn't really have another one outside Val's Double Displacer Beasts, but Amiri and Tristian are both swinging from the second row two-handed.

Linzi14AC.jpg

First time Linzi's taken an attack in three levels but even her AC is getting to be reasonably solid.

Tristian14HolyWord.jpg

Holy Word like a Super Glitterdust here. Mass Blind very strong for offense and defense.

ChanterDispelJae14Crit.jpg

Another well-programmed boss makes a tough fight. Jae gets revenge on Chanter for that Dispel, but it sets up Smilo for...

Val14SmiloTankdies.jpg

First death. Got cocky and forgot his Displacement for this fight. Looks like shields worn off too.

Linzi14vsBigOwlbear.jpg

You can see from previous photo she was just a beat late. Too much focus on Chanter, not enough on OwlBear.

WickedChanter.jpg

A worthy foe. She gets off the Song of Discord that would have owned a more poorly managed Kingdom, but in the lands of Rotterdam our Mages have been hard at work making all my companions and I Immune from Compulsions. She quickly thereafter recognizes that she's been bested.

Coming up next...

Surprise!.jpg

Surprise!

Yosharian

Arcane
I'm only at the start of chapter 2 (no mods installed), but in CH1 and 2 certain enemies seem to target my back line and charge right through my melee chars, I don't remember this happening before. Did the the AI change in any minor ways in any patch?

New enemies in chapter 1 can ignore melee and charge at backline characters, try distract them with summons or focus fire when they charge/kite in Real-time.
Do they ignore two or more melee frontliners? I've seen those fey panther-type creatures that have a dispel on-hit ignore frontliners but I never saw any monsters do that in CH1. Most creatures will break from one melee to attack a second creature that's also in melee range though.

Technomancer

Liturgist
Are you talking about Feast of the Nail? I have no info on it, that's why I was asking about it above. I do not know how it pans out. If I knew how it goes, I would not have avoided it.
I think you get unique building in the end among other stuff. Hellknight thing that replaces castle or something.

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In
Good thing I didn't install the 2.1.4 patch, which apparently removed the combat music from the game. Released almost a week ago and still no hotfix.

What the fuck is going with the tech teams at Owlcat? How do they keep screwing up basic things like this?

Self-Ejected

Joseph Stalin

Totally not Auraculum
Can anyone playing the latest game version confirm the following:
1. Several people on the Steam Forum complain about mouse lag? Is it true?
2. Is the battle music really missing?

razvedchiki

Erudite
Good thing I didn't install the 2.1.4 patch, which apparently removed the combat music from the game. Released almost a week ago and still no hotfix.

What the fuck is going with the tech teams at Owlcat? How do they keep screwing up basic things like this?

the magic of unity.

in other news, i finally installed the craft magic stuff mod and if i can make wands of healing why should i bring a cleric along? with use magic items skill i can have linzi use raise dead/protection/death ward scrolls.

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas

I had the mouse lag thing happen. Did a clean install and its gone now. Thinking back I didn't reset my game settings to default to see if I had changed something that caused it so not sure what the problem was.

Self-Ejected

Joseph Stalin

Totally not Auraculum

I had the mouse lag thing happen. Did a clean install and its gone now. Thinking back I didn't reset my game settings to default to see if I had changed something that caused it so not sure what the problem was.

What about the battle music?

Trashos

Arcane
I'm only at the start of chapter 2 (no mods installed), but in CH1 and 2 certain enemies seem to target my back line and charge right through my melee chars, I don't remember this happening before. Did the the AI change in any minor ways in any patch?

New enemies in chapter 1 can ignore melee and charge at backline characters, try distract them with summons or focus fire when they charge/kite in Real-time.
Do they ignore two or more melee frontliners? I've seen those fey panther-type creatures that have a dispel on-hit ignore frontliners but I never saw any monsters do that in CH1. Most creatures will break from one melee to attack a second creature that's also in melee range though.

This happens quite a bit, yes. I first noticed it when I moved difficulty up to Hard, so I thought it was related to difficulty.

Some enemies do it from the start of combat with Charge (like the cats that are mentioned), but also quite often some melee will disengage from his assigned enemy (the tank) and go for someone in the back line. This happens even after he has been fighting the tank for a bit.

Desiderius

Patron

the magic of unity.

in other news, i finally installed the craft magic stuff mod and if i can make wands of healing why should i bring a cleric along? with use magic items skill i can have linzi use raise dead/protection/death ward scrolls.

You can buy those, you don’t need a mod for that.

The exotic artisan Shay'na the Tulip or whichever, refuses to make anything but useless monk gear. I got the territory early, built her a workshop immediately, did her fedex quest (twice)...and nothing. Desperately waiting for a good polearm and she just keep sending me these damn kamas. Does a certain amount of time have to elapse before she makes anything useful?

Desiderius

Patron
I believe she goes by Relations rank and one other.

I'm currently Serpent Prince, Dark Bidding, and Oppressor flooded.

At least the other ones sell well.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom