Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Baldur's Gate 3 Community Update #7: Romance & Companionship, Early Access delayed to October 6th

Decado

Old time handsome face wrecker
Patron
Codex 2014
Who cares

jac8awol

Arbiter
The more I think about this, the more it makes me suspect the game will suck. Sex consideration means inclusivity, means developers won't want to offend modern world sexual minorities, means pussyfooting around the pussies, means injecting leftist bullshit into another fantasy setting, means failure a la Pillars of Inclusivity.

Darkzone

Arcane
Putting romance in RPGs is like putting lipstick on a pig. The worse the RPG is the more pigs with painted lips are running around.
Examples: The Witcher series, Mass Effect series or Dragon Age series. (I have only played The Witcher I, because the other games were shit.)

Iluvcheezcake

Prophet
Putting romance in RPGs is like putting lipstick on a pig. The worse the RPG is the more pigs with painted lips are running around.
Examples: The Witcher series, Mass Effect series or Dragon Age series. (I have only played The Witcher I, because the other games were shit.)

So, basically, you didnt play them, but you know they are shit. I know this is the Codex but c'mon man ...

Darkzone

Arcane
So, basically, you didnt play them, but you know they are shit. I know this is the Codex but c'mon man ...
I played them for an hour or so, but they were so shit that i deinstalled them after this short time.

Silly Germans

Witcher 1 ?
Witcher 3 ?
Both are tasty, even with lipstick on.

Gordian Nutt

Educated
Romance in RPGs is like being tantalized by a description of eating a tasty pig

Then told you have to collect X lipstick to eat the pig

and say the right things to pig X times

and do X quest to show you care about the emotions of eating pig even if you don't you just want to eat the fucking pig

By end of it all eating the pig will not taste nearly as satisfying and lipstick is caught in teeth

Watch Bioware RPG sex videos on internet and see if 'eating other pigs' in game is worth it

Now add "by Swen" to all of these steps for BG3 and pig does not seem like it could possibly be appetizing

Gordian Nutt

Educated
There are players, especially women, who are not "forum dwellers" who love romances in RPGs

Dragon Age is one example of this - the amount of discussions about the romances in Dragon Age seems significant

The Dutch Ghost

Arbiter
There are players, especially women, who are not "forum dwellers" who love romances in RPGs

Dragon Age is one example of this - the amount of discussions about the romances in Dragon Age seems significant

So they see RPGs as modern day interactive romance novels?

Do some ever complaint that all that "boring political stuff" or "fighting" gets in the way of what they consider to be important?

(not saying all female gamers are like this)

Gordian Nutt

Educated
So they see RPGs as modern day interactive romance novels?

Do some ever complaint that all that "boring political stuff" or "fighting" gets in the way of what they consider to be important?

(not saying all female gamers are like this)

I don't know.

I do not have data, but I think there are a number of male and female gamers for which Story Mode was made which does remove challenge and downplay "fighting" like you are saying but they would likely want more politics/interactions/dramatic non-violent conflict as part of the story.

I do not know if that is what you mean by "boring political stuff." I am not saying that to be insulting I am only quoting.

I also think the same would view romance as a part of an RPG story, I would.

Just my opinion, I don't have the data.

The Dutch Ghost

Arbiter
I do not know if that is what you mean by "boring political stuff." I am not saying that to be insulting I am only quoting.

I mean more like if some female gamers feel that everything plotline/setting related like interacting with factions and organizations, carrying out missions or quests, gets in the way of the romance stuff; the player seeking out and interacting with potential partners.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik

Examples: The Witcher series, Mass Effect series or Dragon Age series.

Yup, the 3 heralds of the Dark Age

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom