Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Total War: Warhammer 2

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
So...is it normal for Morathi to just conquer Ulthuan and half of Lustria? Because she did that twice, first time as Skaven, and now as that Crone. So basically I have nothing to do because Malekith and Morathi are too powerful and most of the remaining targets to sack are like 10 turns away, because Black Arks are slow as fuck.
CA pls.

I don't even have that mod that debuffs Ordertide, it just happened.

There should really be a line of code where if an Invading army takes a part of Ulthuan, every High Elf stops what he's doing and declares war on the aggressive. Elves may be arrogant, but that's exactly why they shouldn't take kindly to some outsider attacking their lands, especially a Dark Elf.

you might want to look for a mod i'm going its url later, which makes happiness harder to manage and negative happiness has a chance every turn to spawn rebels, rebels unrelated to the -100%'s. since i installed it, except for rare instances, dark elves are routinely bitchslapped to death as soon as they add to the mix the first or, at best, second chaos summons. sometimes i reach the wastelands and they're wastelands indeed. not a single surviving soul in all canada and usa.

here it is
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1593262224
just be careful if you have some powerful confederate mod: if you absorb one of the rebel factions the game doesn't take it very kindly.

BrotherFrank

Nouveau Riche
Patron
Get big titty elf mod instead.

73085380.jpg

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1664559316&searchtext=Female+elves
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1897825765&searchtext=Female+elves Sfo version
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1183009301&searchtext=Morathi+topless

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
you might want to look for a mod i'm going its url later, which makes happiness harder to manage and negative happiness has a chance every turn to spawn rebels, rebels unrelated to the -100%'s. since i installed it, except for rare instances, dark elves are routinely bitchslapped to death as soon as they add to the mix the first or, at best, second chaos summons. sometimes i reach the wastelands and they're wastelands indeed. not a single surviving soul in all canada and usa.

here it is
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1593262224
just be careful if you have some powerful confederate mod: if you absorb one of the rebel factions the game doesn't take it very kindly.

That sounds a little extreme. I just want Dark Elves to not wipe out the High Elves so I can have a chance at fighting them.
Very Hard difficulty is such a pain, as I had to spend like 80 turns securing my start, Chill Road and Deadwood (I need it for the ports. Har Garneth doesn't have a port for some reason, even though its on the fucking coast), and Morathi had already eaten most of Ulthuan by then.

I could only use one stack for most of the game because your economy sucks on very hard campaign difficulty, even as dark elves.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
I assume Morathi is kryptonite to high elves because of the chaos corruption. Their shit-tier public order buildings can't do anything against the constant rebellions, so they fall one by one.

Olinser

Savant
So...is it normal for Morathi to just conquer Ulthuan and half of Lustria? Because she did that twice, first time as Skaven, and now as that Crone. So basically I have nothing to do because Malekith and Morathi are too powerful and most of the remaining targets to sack are like 10 turns away, because Black Arks are slow as fuck.
CA pls.

There should really be a line of code where if an Invading army takes a part of Ulthuan, every High Elf stops what he's doing and declares war on the aggressive. Elves may be arrogant, but that's exactly why they shouldn't take kindly to some outsider attacking their lands, especially a Dark Elf.

It's random, but dependent upon what you are doing. Each game will play a bit differently. My last game Morathi was wiped out by the Skaven. One game the Blue Dawi Tide owns the east, next game the Empire literally has 90 settlements, the next game Empire AND Dwarves got wiped out by Grimgor. It's pretty heavily dependent upon what you are doing in what part of the world.

If you were playing Crone, yeah, Morathi will generally get huge if you don't confederate her because you're at war with factions that would normally be a threat to her.

rashiakas

Cipher
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Just get unnatural selection 2. You can adjust every faction with that mod, pretty handy to nerf the side you are aligned with to make the campaign harder.

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
CA pls.

It's random, but dependent upon what you are doing. Each game will play a bit differently. My last game Morathi was wiped out by the Skaven. One game the Blue Dawi Tide owns the east, next game the Empire literally has 90 settlements, the next game Empire AND Dwarves got wiped out by Grimgor. It's pretty heavily dependent upon what you are doing in what part of the world.

If you were playing Crone, yeah, Morathi will generally get huge if you don't confederate her because you're at war with factions that would normally be a threat to her.

I couldn't confederate her because the game wouldn't let me. I guess they make confederation harder to do on Very Hard?

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
Just get unnatural selection 2. You can adjust every faction with that mod, pretty handy to nerf the side you are aligned with to make the campaign harder.

I guess I'll try that then. Might be a bit too late now, but the Order tide is here, and maybe they'll kick her around a little enough for me to confederate her or Malekith.

CA really needs to balance the factions better to stop them from steamrolling over major factions under 100 turns.

During my Empire campaign Malekith took Ulthuan
During my Sotek Campaign Dark Elves were wiped out by Nagarythe
During my Skyre Campaign Morathi took Ulthuan
During my Bloody Hands campaign Malekith took Ulthuan and the Lizardmen were wiped out by Skaven.
During my current campaign Morathi took Ulthuan and Hexotl

So in 4 Mortal Empire campaigns Dark Elves overran nearly everything near them.
That's not good design.

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
I assume Morathi is kryptonite to high elves because of the chaos corruption. Their shit-tier public order buildings can't do anything against the constant rebellions, so they fall one by one.

Morathi shouldn't even be able to take HE settlements for that long without immediate retaliation. It goes against the lore; at no point in the background did the Elves go "oh hey, the Dark Elves just took one of our cities. I guess we'll just jerk each other off then"
They immediately pushed the Druchii out.

Self-Ejected

MajorMace

Self-Ejected
Patron
Hello fellow wargamers and fantasy enthusiasts !
Can someone provide me with a link to a strong and up to date website, which would by any chance feature all unit rosters from the game ?

Also, does any of you fine gentlemen happen to know of a good written source of knowledge about the game and metagame ?

Shortest version : I want to get better and need sources.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
A bit optimistic to assume the ai doesn't just ignore all that. At least on higher difficulties it completely ignores the attrition, and mostly ignores the public order.

Morathi does have a tendency to conquer half of donut though. I think it is because the elf factions on the east side don't like eachother and like having a civil war, and the ones on the west side are pretty small so morathi probably just eats them one by one.

AI doesn't ignore public order anymore, that was changed a few patches ago. It doesn't get the PO penalties from a higher difficulty, but corruption can absolutely overwhelm them and the AI will become very passive with most of their stacks sitting in the home provinces to keep public order up rather than being used in offense. Its not so much that the rebels themselves kill the elves as that it stops them from vigorously swamping Morathi with a half dozen armies and even if they do retake one city they only get slowed down more. Having played Morathi you are kind of immune to invasion once you are established since any AI who takes one of your cities will just halt their invasion for 10-20 turns to fight rebels.

Also chaos corruption means that all rebels become chaos stacks which are much, much tougher than any other kind of rebel army. Chaos warriors, chosen, hellcannons everywhere. This is actually a major fucking problem if you are playing Morathi on a higher difficulty and makes the starting position hell.

EDIT: And AI absolutely suffers attrition. Anything that causes attrition will absolutely decimate an AI stack that spends 4+ turns sieging walled settlements before assaulting. It's possible they suffer 50% less or something but it still kills a lot with how poor the AI is at avoiding it. This is another big defensive advantage of playing Morathi or Vampires, any walled settlement will kill off around 25-50% of the enemy force. If you see AI armies not suffering attrition they are probably raiding or have some other bonus.

Last edited:

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
Hello fellow wargamers and fantasy enthusiasts !
Can someone provide me with a link to a strong and up to date website, which would by any chance feature all unit rosters from the game ?

Also, does any of you fine gentlemen happen to know of a good written source of knowledge about the game and metagame ?

Shortest version : I want to get better and need sources.
Honestly, given the amount the patching and balance changes, I would just search YouTube for roster explanations and guides. There is one that goes over common mistakes and strategies (forget the name).

razvedchiki

Erudite
The thing i have found always working is rushing skills that give exp ranks to lords recruited army. Especially in harder difficulties the ai stacks will have triple silver exp units by turn 10.

Olinser

Savant
The thing i have found always working is rushing skills that give exp ranks to lords recruited army. Especially in harder difficulties the ai stacks will have triple silver exp units by turn 10.

Massive waste of points. For the same points you could have gotten the red line skills to get permanent buffs that improve them more than EXP. Red line infantry skills are 10x better for just about every faction - most of them its +8 Melee Attack, +8 Melee Defense for 3 points, and the infantry line generally includes both basic infantry and top-tier infantry, so those points are useful the whole game.

Massive waste of points. For the same points you could have gotten the red line skills to get permanent buffs that improve them more than EXP. Red line infantry skills are 10x better for just about every faction - most of them its +8 Melee Attack, +8 Melee Defense for 3 points, and the infantry line generally includes both basic infantry and top-tier infantry, so those points are useful the whole game.
Most of those abilities aren't on lords themselves but on heroes. If they are on lords they are 1 point special abilities that you can get at level 8 or w/e.

Last edited:

wahrk

Learned
I also prefer Closer To Tabletop with unit caps over SFO, especially if you want something not as massive and invasive.

CTT, Unnatural Selection 2, and No Confederations are my essentials for every campaign.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
EDIT: And AI absolutely suffers attrition. Anything that causes attrition will absolutely decimate an AI stack that spends 4+ turns sieging walled settlements before assaulting. It's possible they suffer 50% less or something but it still kills a lot with how poor the AI is at avoiding it. This is another big defensive advantage of playing Morathi or Vampires, any walled settlement will kill off around 25-50% of the enemy force. If you see AI armies not suffering attrition they are probably raiding or have some other bonus.
The AI suffers attrition, but iirc at very hard they suffer like 80% reduced. That is basically enough to make it nothing. I also seem to remember that once an army is actually sieging, it becomes immune to attrition.

Definitely not, I've seen AIs start a siege, take enough attrition, then break the siege and run away due to the reduced numbers. This is in VH/Legendary. Not sure on how much less damage it suffers but it will suffer in all scenarios you suffer. If you don't see an army suffering or don't see it taking much damage it might have some kind of special trait on a lord or hero, those aren't too rare.

Olinser

Savant

Most of those abilities aren't on lords themselves but on heroes. If they are on lords they are 1 point special abilities that you can get at level 8 or w/e.

No, it sounds like he's saying take the skill in the Yellow Line that's after Lightning Strike. Which, as I said, is a HUGE waste of points no matter the faction. Lightning Strike is an OK skill, but useless until you actually start encountering multi-stack enemies (pretty rare for any faction until turn 50+). Never rush Yellow line. Red line buffs are superior in every way for 90% of factions in the early game, and they're not wasted points as they are permanent buffs, as long as you're not red line improving low tier throwaways with no higher tier replacements on same skill.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom