Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline ATOM RPG: Trudograd - standalone expansion sequel to ATOM RPG

Sykar

Arcane
Oh man I'm so tempted to play this. I have to endure, the wait for full release will eventually be over, won't it? :negative:
endure in enduring grow strong!!! We'll try to keep our promise and release it this year. though I'm already preparing to beg everyone for forgiveness and ask for a few more months of 2021
making everything look as good as we feasibly can made us really, really damn slow.

You should change your profile pic to:
images

dakkon_feature.png

:happytrollboy:

Last edited:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://steamcommunity.com/games/1139940/announcements/detail/2910969711799579365

0.6.72 Bug fixes
fe1d042b4a9328351679ff62dc0c375207c4e80f.png

Hey guys!

We're releasing a patch that fixes most critical bugs found in the last update. Some of these could not have been found without your feedback. Thank you very much!
Here's the changelog:
  • Fixed Autodialogue with Shapkevich;
  • Fixed the character losing AP on combat start;
  • The chicken fight quest doesn't repeat;
  • Mannequin quest fixed;
  • Uncle Ho now has items to trade;
  • Blaze using shooting gauntlet and following character when you join the police fixed;
  • Several minor and rare bugs fixed.

jackofshadows

Magister
The most notable latest change is that now highest weapon skill-perks allows to ignore only 30% of enemy armor instead of 100%. It was like
:shredder: to me, like they had come to their senses. So, if they'll discard absurd perks like hobo-hp-regen or broken juggernaut (+dmg resistance according to % of missing hp) and promise to deliver some locations to actually explore other than city blocks full of turnip NPCs I might actually get hard-on.

Last edited:

Inconceivable

Learned
Can you control your companions in combat? I can't remember all the times Fidel did something so stupid in combat, I wanted to shoot him myself. This is my single biggest complaint with ATOM RPG.

Since dialogues and companions are godawful in this game, I'd advise against charisma investment entirely.

Charisma with Sex Appeal is essential to nail all of them wasteland babes.
Truly, it's a hindrance in most interactions, since most important characters are male and jealous of your irresistible hotness, but you gotta get the priorities straight.
Life is all about them priorities.

jackofshadows

Magister
Can you control your companions in combat?
Fully - nope. But you can still give them orders every turn, feature that not everyone knows about for some reason.
Charisma with Sex Appeal is essential to nail all of them wasteland babes.
Truly, it's a hindrance in most interactions, since most important characters are male and jealous of your irresistible hotness, but you gotta get the priorities straight.
Life is all about them priorities.
Look, if you wanna roleplay somewhat wasteland chad and don't wanna bother to savescum charisma buffs like a retard every time when the check appears - sure, who am I to prevent others from doin that? Even despite that implementation of the actual shagging is the worst I've seen in a games like this ever (yes, fading into black screen for a second is a way better implementation). And the guy have asked for a good build, whilist the game excels in exploration and combat in my opinion, so...

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

ironmask

Arbiter
The dialogue in atom could be cringy and amateurish at times but I don't think it's awful. Too many references at times, but I would say the dialogue is mostly decent. And that it's gets better in the dead city. Unless you're talking about the dialogue in this game.

Inconceivable

Learned
I found the dialogue in ATOM RPG to be good for the most part. Not Obsidian-quality mind you, but definitively above the standard of what you would expect coming from an indie developer. There are a few instances of hokum, but I suspect that most of these are results of translation and cultural differences. Not an expert*, but I suspect that in eastern European culture and languages, there is a higher level of tolerance for emotionality in conversation, that in the west would be perceived as exaggerated.
This is a bit ironic, since in eastern European countries, especially Russia, there's this macho-culture thing going on, where men are allegedly still "real men" as opposed to western cultures whose men are, allegedly, soft and girlish with our "ridiculous" notions of liberalism, gender equality, etc.
A cultural issue that is also very prominently addressed in ATOM RPG.

*I was in a multi-year relationship with a Russian and my wife is Polish, so there are a few subtle cues I picked up over the years, without actually understanding a word of it.

Last edited:

Atomboy

Atom Team
Developer
Evening, squires!
Trudograd development is all nice and smooth, but it really does take up much more of one's time. Really sorry for ignoring the codex like that. But hey, I made a reference to Infinitron in one dialogue, so I'm forgiven alright? Anyway, today is the day I make a lot of replies to you all! Starting with...
Atomboy Ever had a dream about making isometric + turnbased GTA or Elder Scrolls RPG?

Done in style and as well as ATOM or Trudograd, they would both make gamers richer with those experiences and you millionaires

*cough* GTA/Elder Scrolls 6 not being out for years and years because of greed brought by Online, makes your next game perfect time for such thing to happen, if you can be persuaded/wish so *cough*
My colleague has a dream idea for Oblivion but with VTMB plot\setting but I don't think that's ever gonna happen... I mean I'd love to make something akin to what you describe, but these two franchises are not on the top of the list. The biggest dreams for me are Slavic Wizardry 9, Slavic M&M 6: The Mandate of Rzeczpospolita, Slavic Jagged Alliance 3, Slavic Knights of the Chalice, Slavic Brigand: Oaxaca, Всеслав Чародей 1.5, Slavic Ultima VII, Slavic Dwarf Fortress Adventure Mode 2, Slavic ADnD rule Icewind Gate 3: Planescape to Ravenloft of Elemental Evil, Slavic Morrowind 2, and maybe then a turnbased slavic GTA\TES 6.
I hope to one day call you Russian Rockstar/Troika. I believe in few things, one of them is your team
Thank you! I'd love us to grow up to be like Troika, but with more games, we need at least 10 dream ideas fulfilled, and we're still stuck on Turnipgrad!
Can you bang the crazy chick yet?
We added a new one just for you!

The most notable latest change is that now highest weapon skill-perks allows ignore only 30% of enemy armor instead of 100%. It was like
:shredder: to me, like they had come to their senses. So, if they'll discard absurd perks like hobo-hp-regen or broken juggernaut (+dmg resistance according to % of missing hp) and promise to deliver some locations to actually explore other than city blocks full of turnip NPCs I might actually get hard-on.
We're nerfing the shit out of the system with each patch! Don't worry! The turnip plotline will also have its peak eventually and dies down.
IRL Gexogen is still around btw and working on making ATOM RPG world our reality.

I like how his shotgun proficiency shows on the attached picture. What a guy!

Atomboy this is what made Silent Storm such a joy to play.

Dew it.

:incline:

We're doing our best, but I think this barn will be the only destructable in the game, and it will destroy itself in a cutscene lmao. It's way too invasive and breaks a lot of stuff already made!
Trudograd release date in 2020 or 2021? Atomboy
Right now it looks like 2021, but we're still working as if late december 2020 is the deadline, to make the biggest most amazing update to Early Access at least, even if we won't be able to finish the game by that time. We're very close, but rationally I doubt we will do and test it ALL before 2021.
Lets hope that the chads and their families are fine and corona chan had pass them over. :salute:
Meh, we had 6 cases on the team 2 of which was me, and we all lived! In my case it's pretty average, it takes you out for a week completely, makes you lose all your weight lifting progress, makes smoking very hard, makes food disgusting and vanishes without a trace only to come back in 6 months. The worst symptom is that the translation to English might be a few days late for the upcoming patch because I just returned to work after lying around for days.

Atomboy

Atom Team
Developer
Atomboy new patch when
Well we had a small patch which made the unplayable loose ends work ready 3 weeks ago, but then we had a risky idea of not publishing it and making it a part of a huge one-in-a-couple-of-months update which we are finishing at the moment. On one hand that's better, because in a few weeks players will get a huge chunk of the city with new locations, large quest lines and my favorite quest line in both games the Kung-Lan quest, but then again we were silent since September with no new stuff weren't we? That's pretty concerning, isn't it? I'll just spend a day counting how many comments about being a scam and vaporware we got and make the final decision about quantity over quality of future updates then!

Atomboy

Atom Team
Developer
Oh and also while I'm here. I'm not supposed to announce anything so I'll rephrase it in a very cryptic way so my intentions seem very vague.

Do you guys like Bombagan? Did you play Bombagan? Would you like to play Bombagan without the grueling chore of opening Trudograd, walking to an NPC and launching it via his or her dialogue? If there was a portable device which could launch Bombagan as a standalone program, with a reworked UI and certain additions to the gameplay, which are mainly cosmetic and your opponent wasn't AI, would you give it a go? If such a technological wonder was possible, would you suggest something for it if it was currently in development? Like for example my suggestion is the addition of bugs, server lag and ads everywhere, but what are yours? Just wondering you guys, pay not any mind to these rhetorical questions.

Darth Canoli

Arcane
Slavic Wizardry 9, Slavic M&M 6: The Mandate of Rzeczpospolita, Slavic Jagged Alliance 3, Slavic Knights of the Chalice

If i said i loved your top-list, it'd be a serious understatement.
M&M 6 would be my least favorite though as one is already underway.

Wizardry 9 ... As in Wizardry 8 sequel? This would be absolutely fantastic although JA3 / KotC likes are quite appealing too.

Atomboy

Atom Team
Developer
Oh nooooooooooooooo! https://store.steampowered.com/newshub/app/1139940/view/2950381282544442957

Next big update announcement
Hey, guys!

Work on the next big update for the Early Access is going as planned, that’s why we decided it’s high time we announce some of our work to prepare you for what awaits in the future ;)

First off, new plot related missions are being prepared to take you to new locations and make you meet exciting new characters. New random encounters are also being added to the city map.

6bc68e166825e642ee7352aa77c6426dfc19c916.jpg

fd4a777b84cd36c3cd8dc8f76aa70a39ed60b738.jpg

091237587dd9d50fce9a524ad1ca35136df46256.jpg

Old locations are getting new life. The last bit is especially true for the city docks area. There will be also plenty of new sidequests for those who want to take a break from the plot!

6dcd899716cf9daf70f70323158cfe843fdebb15.jpg

44af91f3364799af5d0efb550885959ebb51b5ab.jpg

The characters will be revamped to new graphics standards with much more distinct facial features, and we’re not talking about portraits. The new facial detalization system is almost implemented into the game.

f1b651b9a22485bd87797333162edf67b218568e.png

This new feature along with new animations will surely set the bar higher for Trudograd graphics-wise.

b8ddf08307a054aafbe2cfcb50834f0d9bd146c2.jpg

We really hope that these new visuals will be to your liking, and we’d love to hear your critiques on this matter.

The combat system was perfected with new features and tweaks to balance, inspired by you, our amazing community. Combat is still a work in progress, though, so some of it might change in an update or two.

bbe338538a5e53b80cdf70a51a02bf966411ca00.jpg

And of course, this update will be the first one ever to feature the… On the other hand, let’s not ruin the surprise ;)

b85bca1407b0e2f08bb2b79bb39d69a7145aa0be.jpg

d1e7a9553d56eea4a5c0e927695b2ff4fd0e91d5.jpg

WIP

Stay tuned, friends. We’re thankful as ever for your unending support.

Have a spooky Samhain!

And as always… Let there be ATOM!

Last edited by a moderator:

Atomboy

Atom Team
Developer
Slavic Wizardry 9, Slavic M&M 6: The Mandate of Rzeczpospolita, Slavic Jagged Alliance 3, Slavic Knights of the Chalice

If i said i loved your top-list, it'd be a serious understatement.
M&M 6 would be my least favorite though as one is already underway.

Wizardry 9 ... As in Wizardry 8 sequel? This would be absolutely fantastic although JA3 / KotC likes are quite appealing too.
If only a wizard came by to assure me a first person turn based blobber rpg or an n-th Russian interpretation of JA would work in the modern climate... Maybe one day!
Next big update announcement
Just give us some release time lol. I want to play that shit and not read about it,fucking tease.
No can do! We're terrible with deadlines. What if I give you February 1st, but we'll find a bug on January 30th that will take five days to fix??? We'd be screwed! Most likely, we'll announce the deadline in December sometime.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom