Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
There are about five altogether IIRC.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
There are about five altogether IIRC.
Can't find Emerald Necklace tho..
Where do I find one?
The game's very strange with 'look for X' quests

You'd think you can ask the merchants to source for that, but no - the only solution for stuff is to stumble upon the item in random places.

You can't get rid of Linzi though right? because she's the storyteller
Terrible. Shes's easily one of the worst things about the game. I *killed* her in the temple but she survived. I wouldn't mind her existing if she didn't write the journal in her retarded - and completely useless - tone. As it stands, the journal is just a massive collection of cringe opinions and stupid writing, and not a useful source of quest information. I'd much rather it was not written in prose.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Man, the ridiculously high DC on opportunities really breaks my game. I think I'm in a death spiral and I'm so close to the end too. Went from doable, to zero chance of success. It's funny too, I have united the land, defeated multiple foes, built up the land from scratch, I'm a benevolent ruler, but fuck that, lets riot!

RK47

Patron
Man, the ridiculously high DC on opportunities really breaks my game. I think I'm in a death spiral and I'm so close to the end too. Went from doable, to zero chance of success. It's funny too, I have united the land, defeated multiple foes, built up the land from scratch, I'm a benevolent ruler, but fuck that, lets riot!
Turn on the invincible kingdom and just get to the end.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

Then it has all been for nothing it feels like. Like cheating.

Also fuck the late game. Holy shit how many annoying fights there has been. Right now I'm stuck at the part 6 of the curse. No idea how to kill these guys. I keep getting perma paralyzed. Game was pretty good up to around Pitax. High level D&D is not just that fun. It's either you slaughter everything on auto attack or you fight some kind of demi-god that auto attacks your beast of a tank in one round.

Do the above. I also recommend the Kingdom Resolutions mod. It has tons of features to make the system less crap.

Xamenos

Magister
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
I keep getting perma paralyzed.
Freedom of Movement.

you fight some kind of demi-god that auto attacks your beast of a tank in one round.
If it's the Mandragora Swarms or the guys with the touch attack crystal daggers, you should focus fire or CC them so they're out of combat before they reach you. If it's anything else, your beast of a tank isn't very beastly.

All of the game's encounters can be beaten without substantial trouble with the proper preparation and tactics.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

Also fuck the late game. Holy shit how many annoying fights there has been. Right now I'm stuck at the part 6 of the curse. No idea how to kill these guys. I keep getting perma paralyzed. Game was pretty good up to around Pitax. High level D&D is not just that fun. It's either you slaughter everything on auto attack or you fight some kind of demi-god that auto attacks your beast of a tank in one round.

Get Blind Fight. It blocks gaze attacks in Kingmaker.
Alternatively Freedom of Movement will help. Even better if permanent (like Mace of Woe, Mastery fauchard).

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Freedom of Movement.

Yeah, I got Harrim to spam that spell and suddenly back to auto-attack :)

If it's the Mandragora Swarms or the guys with the touch attack crystal daggers, you should focus fire or CC them so they're out of combat before they reach you. If it's anything else, your beast of a tank isn't very beastly.

All of the game's encounters can be beaten without substantial trouble with the proper preparation and tactics.

No, it's one of these random bosses. My main guy is a fighter and seeing him kick the bucket in round one to some Captain of the guard that crits for 150 is a bit...

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Do the above. I also recommend the Kingdom Resolutions mod. It has tons of features to make the system less crap.

Thing is I enjoyed the card stuff up to Pitax. Then suddenly DC increased by a shit ton, and now my kingdom is troubled, which lowers my chance of doing the opportunities even further. Truly Russian game, punish you when you are already down :)

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Well, I was managing the increased DC by spending the cheat bonuses I've been hoarding from raising kingdom stats.

RK47

Patron
Yeah the crisis tokens effect is two-fold - do not think of it as a tool to ensure success - often times crisis points secondary function is overlooked: it also prevents disastrous consequences from occurring when tackling Problems.

Desiderius

Patron
Freedom of Movement.

No, it's one of these random bosses. My main guy is a fighter and seeing him kick the bucket in round one to some Captain of the guard that crits for 150 is a bit...

How can a Fighter only have 150 HP? There are also six or seven different ways to get temporary HP. Those are good action economy for a straight up Fighter since your don’t necessarily have ways to avoid straight up crits (though things like Blur and Displacement can cut down on frequency).

Usually enemy bosses that can hit you hard are also very vulnerable themselves to all different kinds of debuffs/control. This isn’t a tank/spank/heal game.

Last edited:

Desiderius

Patron

Thing is I enjoyed the card stuff up to Pitax. Then suddenly DC increased by a shit ton, and now my kingdom is troubled, which lowers my chance of doing the opportunities even further. Truly Russian game, punish you when you are already down :)

Unrest reduction is the most valuable resource in the game. Worth paying attention when it is offered.

Desiderius

Patron
I keep getting perma paralyzed.
Freedom of Movement.

you fight some kind of demi-god that auto attacks your beast of a tank in one round.

Just had a classic battle down to the last man with the Swarms on Bald Hilltop. They really exploit some game mechanics in a way nothing else does. Still haven’t found a comfort level with those bastards on unfair.

They remind me of the Poison Beasts in Wizards and Warriors where their poison ticked in RT while you were in TB. I had to give up that game for awhile because I couldn’t get past them.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Freedom of Movement.

How can a Fighter only have 150 HP? There are also six or seven different ways to get temporary HP. Those are good action economy for a straight up Fighter since your don’t necessarily have ways to avoid straight up crits (though things like Blur and Displacement can cut down on frequency).

Usually enemy bosses that can hit you hard are also very vulnerable themselves to all different kinds of debuffs/control. This isn’t a tank/spank/heal game.

I know, and he has more health, but it's usually a scripted scene by entering somewhere followed by a maniac with a big weapon that on his first turn runs forward and whack my warrior guy to a pulp. Just takes me out of it a bit. He is supposed to be this great warrior after all and here comes run of the mill captain of the guard with sledge hammer of doom.

Xamenos

Magister
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Get Blind Fight.
I dislike this advice. It works, but feats are more scarce than spell slots and consumables. It shouldn't be the first go-to.

I know, and he has more health, but it's usually a scripted scene by entering somewhere followed by a maniac with a big weapon that on his first turn runs forward and whack my warrior guy to a pulp. Just takes me out of it a bit. He is supposed to be this great warrior after all and here comes run of the mill captain of the guard with sledge hammer of doom.

I don't even remember what boss you're talking about, so I can't have found it that difficult. I can only assume you're doing something wrong, and given you missed Freedom of Movement that thing is probably not using the proper spells, be they buffs or CC. Or perhaps you've build your tank wrong and it's not nearly as tanky as it should be at this level. Difficult to tell without more information. As some sort of generic advice, I'd say you should look at every spell your party can cast and, read its full description, and consider whether it'll be useful.

bec de corbin

Educated

High level d&d can be fun but these dorks just copy pasted wild hunt 1000 times and it's pretty lame

Desiderius

Patron
He’s talking about Armag. You’re not to Pitax yet.

Desiderius

Patron
Blindfight probably worth it in its own right on melee now that they fixed the range.

smaug

Secular Koranism with Israeli Characteristics
Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
On my last playthrough I was able to save Kagar and Tig, but for some reason Tig keeps dying and I don't have any other option.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom