Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software The Dark Souls Discussion Thread

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Doubt i'll ever get that far. I'll just work my way to the dark souls achievement then cut it off and just play fresh games with different builds.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Damn. Well, i guess that's how it has to be.

When i finished normal game, i ended up with those stats at SL 82:

Vitality: 16
Attunement: 16
Endurance: 36
Strength: 16
Dexterity: 14
Resistance: 10
Intelligence: 10
Faith: 45

What i'm going to do now is pump VIT and STR and move to a Grant build.

Last edited:

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
I wanted to do the same but I killed Priscilla 2 times already without getting the dagger. Apart from that screwup, it seems that in the 3rd playthrough you really only need to get to the giant blacksmith, there's no need to complete the game.

Still, Nito on NG+ is somehow kicking my ass, I'm not sure how

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
What i'm going to do now is pump VIT and STR and move to a Grant build.
Might as well pump 5 more FTH to get the awesometacular praise the sun lightning, and 2 more ATT points to have the slots to cast it comfortably.

And then... become a pancake master. Although, you might end up with just the Hollow Soldier Waistcloth on, if you want to roll light (didn't do the math). :lol:

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
I think i'm going to have to break my rule for bosses.

Just did the Capra Demon and while killing the dogs was fun (took about four hits each, so pretty tense) the Capra Demon himself was way too tedious. I just ended up zapping him with lighting spears since it was taking too damn long to kill him with my +5 weapon. Also those guys with the big meat cleaver in the Depths took about six or more backstabs to go down.

I also started abusing Wrath of the Gods it's pretty fun having it so early. I'm also getting some mileage out of Karmic Justice, a spell i barely used before. It procs very easily in a shield with less than 100% damage resistance. Should be pretty good to use with Sanctus the moment i decide to wear it again.

The_Mask

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Also I would advise strongly against leveling up VIT, due to the fact that it would not work as well with Power Within. If you do, though, I recommend stopping at 20.

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
I think i'm going to have to break my rule for bosses.

Just did the Capra Demon and while killing the dogs was fun (took about four hits each, so pretty tense) the Capra Demon himself was way too tedious. I just ended up zapping him with lighting spears since it was taking too damn long to kill him with my +5 weapon. Also those guys with the big meat cleaver in the Depths took about six or more backstabs to go down.

I also started abusing Wrath of the Gods it's pretty fun having it so early. I'm also getting some mileage out of Karmic Justice, a spell i barely used before. It procs very easily in a shield with less than 100% damage resistance. Should be pretty good to use with Sanctus the moment i decide to wear it again.

You can also throw black fire bombs over the wall and bomb the crap out of his dogs. I think they can even hit the demon.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Also I would advise strongly against leveling up VIT, due to the fact that it would not work as well with Power Within. If you do, though, I recommend stopping at 20.

Nah, i'm sticking to miracles only so i have something new to try on a fresh character.

At 20 Vitality, those plants in the dark root garden were able to "one shot me" with that eating attack. I have a feeling it's going to be too annoying if i don't level it when the harder hitting mobs and bosses start to show up.

BTW, i summoned the which for the butterfly boss since i didn't do that on my previous playthrough (i'm trying to collect all gear with this character so i don't have to bother with the other characters) and as i'm fumbling around in the menu because i forgot to wear the crest shield the which killed the boss lmao. That poor butterfly boss can't catch a break even in NG+

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
Since you did that, the witch's attire will be available to you later on. Look between New Londo ruins and Blighttown. (It looks nice ;-))

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Not going to wear it with this character obviously, but i want to have everything "on hand" so that i can check shit out when planning other kind of builds. Since i have to take this character to NG++ to get all achievements i'll just use it as a reference point.

The_Mask

Patron
At 20 Vitality, those plants in the dark root garden were able to "one shot me" with that eating attack. I have a feeling it's going to be too annoying if i don't level it when the harder hitting mobs and bosses start to show up.
You don't need more HP, if 1HP is all you need. :)
BTW, i summoned the which for the butterfly boss since i didn't do that on my previous playthrough (i'm trying to collect all gear with this character so i don't have to bother with the other characters) and as i'm fumbling around in the menu because i forgot to wear the crest shield the which killed the boss lmao. That poor butterfly boss can't catch a break even in NG+
Beatrice is nice, but I don't recommend summoning her for 4Kings, unless you're a masochist.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Wow, charged up Smough is a push over. I always killed him first on my normal games but here i had to kill Ornstein first for the rare weapon achievement so it was the first time i faced Smough's second phase and on NG+ no less, and he was much easier than Ornstein.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Beatrice is nice, but I don't recommend summoning her for 4Kings, unless you're a masochist.

I just did lul.

She died, but i still got her stuff. Wasn't bad honestly, so far NG+ has been a let down. With my upgraded gear it doesn't feel any different from normal game.

BTW, since i'm going with the dark ending, and i talked to the evil serpent to join the Darkwraith, i'm now using the Darkwraith shit. It's pretty funny the dark hand has good elemental resistance but poor blocking power (unlike the one used by the actual Darkwraiths, annoyingly enough) so i'm using the blood shield instead and i look like a fucking vampire. Occult upgrade on the dark sword works very well, got an A scaling on faith.

Guess i'm evil now until NG++

Last edited:

Silva

Arcane
BTW, since i'm going with the dark ending, and i talked to the evil serpent to join the Darkwraith, i'm now using the Darkwraith shit. It's pretty funny the dark hand has good elemental resistance but poor blocking power (unlike the one used by the actual Darkwraiths, annoyingly enough) so i'm using the blood shield instead and i look like a fucking vampire. Occult upgrade on the dark sword works very well, got an A scaling on faith.

Guess i'm evil now until NG++
Don't forget to invade people online and suck them dry of humanity, like a true darkwraight.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Can that actually be done? The dark hand attack is so slow i don't see how you can realistically ever catch an actual human player. You can try unlocked but that just seems like a good way to get backstabbed.

BTW, i'm at SL 120 and i only have the DLCs left but i'm not getting invaded? I thought i was gonna get swarmed with people at the PvP meta level but i guess they all congregate to the PvP zones. I got more action in my normal playthrough than i did here in NG+, which i started at SL 82.

I know, old game but i expected the PvP to get more intense at higher level, instead it got worse, at least as far as normal play invasions go. We'll see when i get to Oolacille what's going on there.

Last edited:

Silverfish

Arbiter
Can that actually be done? The dark hand attack is so slow i don't see how you can realistically ever catch an actual human player. You can try unlocked but that just seems like a good way to get backstabbed.

Tranquil Walk of Peace.

The_Mask

Patron

Tranquil Walk of Peace.
TWOP works against noobs only. And only if they're medium armour or higher. Also TWOP is way too short. You use the hand attack on afk people. That's it. Hitbox too small. :)

Silverfish

Arbiter
Who would you use the dark hand's grab attack against besides noobs to begin with? They're a good pairing.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Kalameet in NG+ :negative:

I think this was the longest boss session i've ever head in any game in my life. Should have clocked it lmao this damn dragon had way too much health in normal game let alone at higher difficulties. Can't wait to face him on the next round fuuuuu

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Who would you use the dark hand's grab attack against besides noobs to begin with? They're a good pairing.

I think this game has been around so long the chances of finding n00bs are next to zero, especially at SL120.

BTW, i forgot how cancerous backstabs were in PvP in this game. I had a guy backstab me five times in a row because of lag. I don't understand why lag always seems to favor them but never does anything for me wtf.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom