Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Dungeon of Naheulbeuk - parodic fantasy tactical RPG - now with Back to the Futon DLC

ValeVelKal

Arcane
So I just bought it and did the tutorial until the "wheel of misfortune" end-of-tutorial fight. Looks solid in terms of gameplay, a nice development // variant of the "two-actions by impulse" of nuXCOM.

I feel like orienting the character is one click every time that could be avoided, eg just orient the character toward the last character that (s)he attacked or was attacked with, and you can play the rogue. Based on the tutorial, I feel like it was only done for the rogue and a few things like AoO that could have been solved with my proposal above.

I played in French text and English voice and the translation is really, err, creative. They prefered to keep the spirit rather than the letter of the dialog, but in a good way (and some "French-culture" jokes would not have been translated well anyway).

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
There is a party skill thingy that could give a bonus action to a selected character,and other things too. It not very noticeable,it is in the bottom left corner,i barely use it,since it feels a bit like cheating.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
There is a party skill thingy that could give a bonus action to a selected character,and other things too. It not very noticeable,it is in the bottom left corner,i barely use it,since it feels a bit like cheating.
Nah, that only helps even the odds every now and then. Of course if Nuffle is on your side you'll not need it.

Nortar

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
I feel like orienting the character is one click every time that could be avoided, eg just orient the character toward the last character that (s)he attacked or was attacked with, and you can play the rogue. Based on the tutorial, I feel like it was only done for the rogue and a few things like AoO that could have been solved with my proposal above.

Flanking and backstabs play a very important role in your survivability and damage output, at least on harder difficulties.
Once you get more CC skills, it could be useful to stun/knockdown one enemy and turn to face to another so he won't backstab you for ungodly amount of damage.

Btw, it's not *the* wheel of misfortune fight in tutorial yet, as the wheel does nothing there. ;)

Codex Year of the Donut

Flanking and backstabs play a very important role in your survivability and damage output, at least on harder difficulties.
Once you get more CC skills, it could be useful to stun/knockdown one enemy and turn to face to another so he won't backstab you for ungodly amount of damage.

Btw, it's not *the* wheel of misfortune fight in tutorial yet, as the wheel does nothing there. ;)
attacks of opportunity too, they only trigger if the attacker is facing the person moving in a 3 tile cone

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Obviously it's not wildly successful but it seems this is the most successful game for both the developer and the publisher.

So regarding the developer Artefacts Studio. They've been doing work for hires on generic games for a long time (since 2003), but recently they turned them into a tactical RPG studio.

Beside Naheulbeuk they've been also prototyping a turn-based space RPG (curiously with some multiplayer elements) based on French comics Ythaq, which they intended to work on full-time after the release of Naheulbeuk.

XdbZmuq.jpg

Interview around 2018, via Google Translate: https://relais-culture-europe.eu/fr/news/avec-le-soutien-deurope-creative-media-artefacts-studio

1. Can you introduce us to Artefacts Studio? How has your editorial line evolved since its creation in 2003? How do you reconcile your outsourcing activity with major publishers like Ubisoft (Assassin's Creed, Les Lapins Crétins) and Electronic Arts and the development of your own games?

The studio was created in Lyon in 2003 by Bruno Chabanel, an inveterate gamer who was then working for Infogrames / Atari, around the desire to make a tactical role-playing game. At the time it was not possible to find a publisher for this project, and in order to survive the studio had to work on third party licenses and perform for other studios. Over the years, we have developed more than 30 games on all existing platforms on the market, thus gaining experience and know-how. By gradually integrating artistic and technical skills within the studio, we have managed to reconcile on the one hand services on behalf of third parties with the development of our own games, by managing our evolution as an independent studio as well as possible. For 15 years, the studio has managed to get through the video game crises and transform itself to become a major player in the video game landscape in France. With its 45 employees, it has become the first independent studio in Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes. Today we have put in place a strategy that is oriented towards tactical RPG / RPG and co-production.

2. What audiences are your games aimed at? Which media do you prefer?

In the past, a lot of our games made for certain publishers were aimed more at the general public, but in recent years we have been making games with stronger narrative content. For example, we made an investigation and adventure game on Agatha Christie's novel ABC Murders for a French publisher. Even if we make games ported to all consoles, we keep a preference for the PC platform. We defend the idea that a video game can also provide reflection.

3. Artefacts studio has received support from the MEDIA program on two occasions: in 2011 for Les Donjons de Naheulbeuk and in 2015 for Les Naufragés d'Ythaq. Can you tell us a little more about these two projects and their progress?

Thanks to the help of the MEDIA program, we were able to produce a playable prototype around the license of the Dungeon of Naheulbeuk from the medieval fantasy universe created by John Lang in 2003. The Dungeon of Naheulbeuk is originally a web series audio which met with enormous success and was subsequently brought to comics with more than 21 volumes edited to date. Novels and board games have also emerged. Artefacts acquired this license to make it a tactical RPG. The humorous and parodic treatment of this license is the originality of our game, although it remains in line with traditional role-playing games. We had the means to set up a team and make a prototype of the final game. This one was presented to various publishers with the aim of finding a deal to produce the entire game. Our efforts paid off as we found a publisher partner who co-produced the game with us for PC platforms and consoles worldwide. We are on a development plan of about 20 months. The game is scheduled for commercialization in 2019. For the Castaways of Ythaq, we also want to offer a turn-based role-playing game, but this time in a universe mixing science fiction and fantasy. Thanks to the MEDIA program we have produced a playable demo which we are in the process of presenting to several potential partners for full funding of the game. To date we are less advanced than for the Dungeon of Naheulbeuk project, but we hope to start production by 2019 with the support of the Delcourt publishing house.

4. What are the next steps for your company? How do you see the development of Artefacts in the years to come?

We are in the process of co-developing with a French studio a tactical RPG based on the Warhammer 40,000 license and which will be released in 2018. The year 2018 will also be devoted to the development of our game Le Donjon de Naheulbeuk. With the release of the game, 2019 will be a pivotal year for the studio. If the success is there, we intend to continue to invest in our own licenses and develop our editorial line oriented tactical RPG and narrative games. Our ambition is to co-produce the development of our games and who knows one day to go further. However, the studio will continue to subcontract racing games for Ubisoft and Kylotonn, this activity ensuring us financial sustainability.

(That Warhammer 40K is Space Hulk Tactics for Cyanide and Focus Home Interactive.)

Angelo85

Arcane
Patron
About halfway through and having quite some fun with the game. IMHO it's a solid Dungeon Crawler.

- Combat mechanics are sophisticated, but a couple more enemies that make use of the mechanics/combos would have been nice.
- Dialogue is enjoyably silly, not many cringe moments personally thus far. Pure Dungeon Crawlers can run out of steam or quickly feel like more-of-the-samish, I think the humor and silly cast of stereotype characters actually adds something of value to the game in this instance.
- Loot/Itemization is alright but again some more unique items with special effects that enhance your tactical repertoire besides the belt items would have been great. For instance instead of a mundane +20% poison chance bow give me a harpoon that has shorter range but pulls enemies or something along those lines... something that spices the tactical combat options up even more would have been appreciated in the items department.
- There's a tad too much backtracking involved for my liking especially considering the sluggish controls (for instance the game doesn't adapt the WASD-key directions while rotating the camera in real-time; you have to actually stop rotating for a second before moving again to walk in the desired direction without confusion. But I hope little things like this will get patched eventually)
- Skills are diverse and different builds for the characters are definitely possible.
- Combat encounter variety is alright, nothing groundbreaking but not too monotone either. In a word solid.

:4/5:/:5/5:
4 out of 5 trolls from me!

Now for something completely different, yet related:

Which Character is your favorite?
Here's a Strawpoll: https://www.strawpoll.me/21020728

Favorite as in whatever way you define it. Best, most useful, funniest, coolest, sexiest!
Obvious and obligatory KC option is the Minstrel. For full disclosure I also posted this poll over at the Steam Forums :argh:

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
The barbarian and the priestess,love how she constantly insult them and mocks them for being poor lol.

This game was an enjoyable surprise to me, I went in expecting nothing good and it caught my attention and I couldn't stop playing until I beat it, the gameplay was decent even though I'm well into hating this new Xcom turn based style whatever you call it and the humor was god too, not that bad at all. Once again it was a really enjoyable experience, glad I played it.

This post brought you by the god of boredom that I forgot the name. Socks. Ranger first outfit best outfit and best backpack.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2020/10/01/the-dungeon-of-naheulbeuk-review/

The Dungeon Of Naheulbeuk review
Check yourself before you Shrek yourself

In the classic opening move for the type of review some of you might typify as “the classic 7/10”, I’ll say this: I liked The Dungeon Of Naheulbeuk: The Amulet Of Chaos far more than I expected to. It’s XCOM by way of Order Of The Stick, but with the battles connected by wandering about in the ‘gather your party and venture forth’ tradition of Baldur’s Gate.

Don’t expect Baldur’s-Gate-style roleplaying, however, ‘cos this ain’t an RPG. It’s a satire of one – primarily the tabletop kind, though it takes aim at CRPGs too – and while the tactical bits are played straight, nothing else is. There’s my biggest caveat about this game, then. Its humour is relentless. And while it ended up hitting the mark frequently enough for me to warm to it, it was a close call. Your mileage, as they say, may vary.

I think that’s where we’ve got to start, really, since Dungeon’s tone is its defining feature. The tactics bits are a definite thumbs up from me, but they’re fairly unsurprising if you know the genre at all, with solid design and little in the way of innovation. No; the humour will likely be the thing that determines whether you’ll enjoy it or not

Going in, it was definitely a source of trepidation for me. A fantasy-themed XCOMmer, I thought, seemed a cracking idea. But a fantasy-themed XCOMmer… adapted from a French audio drama and comic series, with a Steam page describing it as “wacky”? Hmm. Also, the fact it was made by Artefact Studio, the creators of none other than Garfield Kart Furious Racing, lent the whole prospect a certain dark energy.

It makes sense that Dungeon is based on an audio drama, as it has a gigantic script. Your party of adventurers (all of whom are set in stone, I should warn, with only skills and gear customisable) rabbit on endlessly. And to be fair, the voice acting is excellent. Furthermore, if some of it is lifted from John Lang’s original Donjon de Naheulbeuk, then it’s certainly well-translated. All of the jokes make sense. It’s just that some of them just happen to be complete piss, is all.

Because it’s self-aware D&D parody, yeah? You know the territory. I won’t deny that it can be really funny. Even surreal, sometimes, in the genuine sense of the word. The Dungeon Of Naheulbeuk itself, while introduced as a forbidding place that no adventurers have breached and lived to tell the tale, turns out to be weirdly gentrified, like a developing nation infested by backpackers after being touted as “off the beaten track”. There is even an enormous, Wetherspoonian boozer for visitors. I really liked stuff like that. Additionally, there’s a phenomenal amount of flavour text in the game, attached to every conceivable bit of information, and a lot of it was legit amusing. Oh, and there’s an ogre who’s like a sort of Poundland Shrek, and I absolutely loved him despite myself.

But then, there’s all the stuff that’s “surreal”, but in the sense that fools use the word. The running jokes about ker-ayzee chickens, for example. And the frequent, drunken swerves into the fringes of the “monkey cheese RANDOM” humour purveyed by rubbish “geek culture” webcomics in the mid-2000s. There are fart and poo gags. There is reference humour (“I used to be an adventurer until I took an arrow to the knee”, in 2020. Yes, really). There’s a lot of swearing for the sake of swearing, which is funny while it’s fresh and surprising, and slightly grating thereafter.

It never becomes obnoxious, and as I say, there are some gems in there. To be honest, I can think of plenty of mates who’d enjoy the stuff that made my eyes roll. Just be aware of it going in. Honestly, my biggest issue with the dialogue, and in fact the wandering-around-a-dungeon framing device in general, is the extent to which it dilutes the fighting. Because the battles were great, and I just wanted to keep having them.

When I fell in love with Gears Tactics earlier this year, it was primarily because it was a no-frills, non-stop beef delivery machine, which let me mainline fights, with just enough Gears flavour in between to wash them down. But with Dungeon, I had to interpolate each mouthful of fisticuffs meat with a heaping portion of dialogue vegetables. And since the story is mostly linear, fight-encounter-fight-encounter stuff, I certainly got my five a day.

I think half the problem is what I mentioned at the top of the review – it’s not an RPG. If the dialogue branched significantly, or you made significant choices about who to help, or what have you, I might have been more invested in the exploration/dialogue segments. But as it was, it had the feeling of being trapped in a cutscene, where I had to do the work of moving the characters around.

It’s worth saying, however, that the environments you’re wandering through in Dungeons are lovely. It’s a beautiful game with an outstanding level of polish, and consistently impressive art direction. There was a moment where my party walked out of a bit of dungeon onto a rampart on top of a dizzyingly high wall, and the combination of perspective and focus blur made the view genuinely awe-inspiring. I did not expect that at all. It’s almost a shame there isn’t more overall variety in the environments on show, because I would have loved to have seen that art team unleashed on some weirder stuff.

Beyond the script and the art, the other place where I could see the sheer amount of work that went into Dungeon – and which moves the game to ‘recommend’ from ‘lukewarm hand-waggle’ – was the design of the actual turn-based combat system.

Again, there’s not a lot that’s wildly divergent from what you’d expect from anything post-XCOM, and I really hate spending paragraphs and paragraphs describing rules. I suppose there are three things that made the combat stick out for me, and the first of those was the importance of positioning. With this being a fantasy setting, melee combat is more common than ranged, and so considerations like backstabbing, attacks of opportunity, and character adjacency take precedence over overwatch and cover.

The second thing I noted was the ruthlessly efficient presentation of information. The game gives you every bit of information you could possibly want to glean about your characters and their opponents, and puts it in a sensible, intuitive place. A tactics game can only be as good as the information it gives you, and in that sense, Dungeons has the raw materials for excellence.

But that’s different from being excellent. Tactics games should be about tough decisions between limited options, all of which have clear risks and rewards. Partly because you’re always fighting with a large party, and partly because you’re given so much information to work with, combat is freighted with plenty of “guess I’ll just do this” moments, where you can’t be arsed to run the numbers on six different spiders, as it would make the fight go on for hours.

I think there’s a bit of a tonal issue there, too. Because of the game’s overall silliness and sense of knockabout harmlessness, and the lack of permadeath, there’s no real tension to make you sweat over decisions. “Who cares if the barbarian dies,” you think. “He’ll be back later, so I might as well just run him into that load of skeletons and see what happens.”

This butts awkwardly against the third thing to note about combat in Dungeon, which is that it’s bastard hard, even on its default setting. A couple of hours in, fights started becoming ludicrous tag-team affairs, where my main efforts were towards keeping at least one healer alive, in order to resurrect the four-or-so party members lying unconscious at death’s door at any given moment. But hey, I enjoy a tough tactics game, and there’s an easy setting if you’re more in it for the adventure.

Oh, and if you’re the sort of person who gets really angry at Ye Olde RNG, be warned: people seem to get very angry about it in this game, and I’ll admit it did feel like my party had a bad case of butterfingers at times. From developer responses to salty Steam reviews, it seems some of this is an intentional dovetail with the game’s slapstick tone. But it can be irritating all the same.

So there you go. If you like XCOM-ish things, The Dungeon Of Naheulbeuk should be in your library – just so long as you don’t mind a bit of hamfisted zaniness. I don’t think it’s one you’ll want to replay again and again, but it’s a substantial, well-crafted effort that’s definitely worth your time. Admittedly it’s no Garfield Kart, but it’s unreasonable to expect a developer to produce two once-in-a-generation masterpieces on the trot, after all.

bec de corbin

Educated
Obviously it's not wildly successful but it seems this is the most successful game for both the developer and the publisher.

So regarding the developer Artefacts Studio. They've been doing work for hires on generic games for a long time (since 2003), but recently they turned them into a tactical RPG studio.

Beside Naheulbeuk they've been also prototyping a turn-based space RPG (curiously with some multiplayer elements) based on French comics Ythaq, which they intended to work on full-time after the release of Naheulbeuk.

Interview around 2018, via Google Translate: https://relais-culture-europe.eu/fr/news/avec-le-soutien-deurope-creative-media-artefacts-studio

1. Can you introduce us to Artefacts Studio? How has your editorial line evolved since its creation in 2003? How do you reconcile your outsourcing activity with major publishers like Ubisoft (Assassin's Creed, Les Lapins Crétins) and Electronic Arts and the development of your own games?

The studio was created in Lyon in 2003 by Bruno Chabanel, an inveterate gamer who was then working for Infogrames / Atari, around the desire to make a tactical role-playing game. At the time it was not possible to find a publisher for this project, and in order to survive the studio had to work on third party licenses and perform for other studios. Over the years, we have developed more than 30 games on all existing platforms on the market, thus gaining experience and know-how. By gradually integrating artistic and technical skills within the studio, we have managed to reconcile on the one hand services on behalf of third parties with the development of our own games, by managing our evolution as an independent studio as well as possible. For 15 years, the studio has managed to get through the video game crises and transform itself to become a major player in the video game landscape in France. With its 45 employees, it has become the first independent studio in Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes. Today we have put in place a strategy that is oriented towards tactical RPG / RPG and co-production.

2. What audiences are your games aimed at? Which media do you prefer?

In the past, a lot of our games made for certain publishers were aimed more at the general public, but in recent years we have been making games with stronger narrative content. For example, we made an investigation and adventure game on Agatha Christie's novel ABC Murders for a French publisher. Even if we make games ported to all consoles, we keep a preference for the PC platform. We defend the idea that a video game can also provide reflection.

3. Artefacts studio has received support from the MEDIA program on two occasions: in 2011 for Les Donjons de Naheulbeuk and in 2015 for Les Naufragés d'Ythaq. Can you tell us a little more about these two projects and their progress?

Thanks to the help of the MEDIA program, we were able to produce a playable prototype around the license of the Dungeon of Naheulbeuk from the medieval fantasy universe created by John Lang in 2003. The Dungeon of Naheulbeuk is originally a web series audio which met with enormous success and was subsequently brought to comics with more than 21 volumes edited to date. Novels and board games have also emerged. Artefacts acquired this license to make it a tactical RPG. The humorous and parodic treatment of this license is the originality of our game, although it remains in line with traditional role-playing games. We had the means to set up a team and make a prototype of the final game. This one was presented to various publishers with the aim of finding a deal to produce the entire game. Our efforts paid off as we found a publisher partner who co-produced the game with us for PC platforms and consoles worldwide. We are on a development plan of about 20 months. The game is scheduled for commercialization in 2019. For the Castaways of Ythaq, we also want to offer a turn-based role-playing game, but this time in a universe mixing science fiction and fantasy. Thanks to the MEDIA program we have produced a playable demo which we are in the process of presenting to several potential partners for full funding of the game. To date we are less advanced than for the Dungeon of Naheulbeuk project, but we hope to start production by 2019 with the support of the Delcourt publishing house.

4. What are the next steps for your company? How do you see the development of Artefacts in the years to come?

We are in the process of co-developing with a French studio a tactical RPG based on the Warhammer 40,000 license and which will be released in 2018. The year 2018 will also be devoted to the development of our game Le Donjon de Naheulbeuk. With the release of the game, 2019 will be a pivotal year for the studio. If the success is there, we intend to continue to invest in our own licenses and develop our editorial line oriented tactical RPG and narrative games. Our ambition is to co-produce the development of our games and who knows one day to go further. However, the studio will continue to subcontract racing games for Ubisoft and Kylotonn, this activity ensuring us financial sustainability.

(That Warhammer 40K is Space Hulk Tactics for Cyanide and Focus Home Interactive.)
That's more exciting to me, I think. I don't care for the comedy in this game but the combat is great, so I think I'd be down for something else from these guys.

Codex Year of the Donut
Oh, and if you’re the sort of person who gets really angry at Ye Olde RNG, be warned: people seem to get very angry about it in this game, and I’ll admit it did feel like my party had a bad case of butterfingers at times. From developer responses to salty Steam reviews, it seems some of this is an intentional dovetail with the game’s slapstick tone. But it can be irritating all the same.
Bullshit. The game even comes with a built-in RNG counterbalance.
If you lose a fight it was on you.

Seems more like people are simply neglecting precision and getting upset that they miss too much.

ValeVelKal

Arcane
Bullshit. The game even comes with a built-in RNG counterbalance.
If you lose a fight it was on you.

Seems more like people are simply neglecting precision and getting upset that they miss too much.
Honestly, I playing difficulty level Epic [3 out of 4] and all combats are tight, but "fair" so far. I wonder whether people who are not used to using consumables (especially the "non-healing" consumables) are not having a lot of problem, they really tip the balance.

I am not sure if the article believes that the RNG is rigged (which would be laudable) or that the game is too random (because as you say the precision starts low).

But eh, I am still early. Which brings me to the question - I am at the point where I have to choose between the Paladin, the Priestess and the Bard. I really like the Paladin "no BS" character, and in general I don't like priests ; on the other hand I really like the Bard powers that I have seen so far, while the Paladin feels like Yet Another Tank. Any recommendation on who to take to have the most fun between Bard & Paladin ?

Bara

Arcane
Nearing the end of the game started noticing more bugs.

Things like certain objects having names like:
  • "prisoner_door_0321" when highlighting them things
  • certain npcs sitting a few feet from the actual chairs (only happened once)
  • levers that should have been deactivated when completing the puzzle remained active and can softlock you if you use them (i was curious what would happend)
  • a mage robe that far outclasses all the other robes I've gotten so far and sells for 5k gold to a vendor is grey colored instead of gold
The game remains remains a delight and these bugs are barley a problem save the lever one but forewarned is forarmed.

Nortar

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Which brings me to the question - I am at the point where I have to choose between the Paladin, the Priestess and the Bard. I really like the Paladin "no BS" character, and in general I don't like priests ; on the other hand I really like the Bard powers that I have seen so far, while the Paladin feels like Yet Another Tank. Any recommendation on who to take to have the most fun between Bard & Paladin ?

After their introduction lines, the 3 optional characters have noticeably less barks than the "core team".
And each of them has only 1 personal side quest.
So it's up your preferences, as the game can be completed with any of them.

In personal experience, my melee zone was already crowded enough to restrict free usage of all the area attacks, so I don't know were would I fit yet another melee-Paladin.

ValeVelKal

Arcane
Which brings me to the question - I am at the point where I have to choose between the Paladin, the Priestess and the Bard. I really like the Paladin "no BS" character, and in general I don't like priests ; on the other hand I really like the Bard powers that I have seen so far, while the Paladin feels like Yet Another Tank. Any recommendation on who to take to have the most fun between Bard & Paladin ?

After their introduction lines, the 3 optional characters have noticeably less barks than the "core team".

In personal experience, my melee zone was already crowded enough to restrict free usage of all the area attacks, so I don't know were would I fit yet another melee-Paladin.
Who did you take ? Priestess or Bards ?

Gregz

Arcane

Who did you take ? Priestess or Bards ?

I took the priestess, healing wave is awesome.

*-*/\--/\~

Cipher
So far it is solid for me, but the extreme slowness / clunkiness is kinda killing it. Every enemy seems to take 10 seconds before and after their action to just stand there like a dick, I've filled a couple pages in my sketchbook just waiting to get my turn already.

Harthwain

Magister
So far it is solid for me, but the extreme slowness / clunkiness is kinda killing it. Every enemy seems to take 10 seconds before and after their action to just stand there like a dick, I've filled a couple pages in my sketchbook just waiting to get my turn already.
Settings -> Game -> Combat -> Faster combat animations.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom