Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

Shadenuat

Arcane
switch to Unfair, and Nok Nok would begin having harder time due to survivability and bab issues

smaug

Secular Koranism with Israeli Characteristics
Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
switch to Unfair, and Nok Nok would begin having harder time due to survivability and bab issues
I guess so, he's at 30AC and 16CONT (107HP), so he can tank relatively well, I'll try unfair for a little bit I guess to see how I fair, my guys aren't built that well.

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
made also music for Everlasting Summer
I didn't know that, and that is... unbelievably amazing!

Also, I wouldn't attribute "Бесконечное лето" to weeaboo culture only. There is strong Soviet nostalgia there which is incomprehensible by Westerners.

Trashos

Arcane
smaug, I 'd stick to Hard if I were you, unless you do not mind swtiching difficulties from location to location. Leave Unfair for another playthrough. Things get interesting challenge-wise in Ch3 anyway.

If you are not planning on a next playthrough, then OK, you can do whatever.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Another question, I ran into a ferocious devourer (I think) is this a Vampire or is it something different?
Undead Extraplanar. with drain.

Death Ward stops the drain, unlike with Soul Eaters. They tend to have super high spell resistance and have True Seeing/Blindfight so Blind doesn't work as well as normal though you can Dispel the True Seeing so that your Mirror Images work.

smaug

Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
smaug, I 'd stick to Hard if I were you, unless you do not mind swtiching difficulties from location to location. Leave Unfair for another playthrough. Things get interesting challenge-wise in Ch3 anyway.

If you are not planning on a next playthrough, then OK, you can do whatever.
Yea, I will probably do another playthrough on unfair. Game is addicting and has a lot of choices.

Knocking enemies into walls and then prone with the battering ram spell is the spice of life. I also think that while the tripping deadly earth kineticist is stupid powerful, the pool hall ricochet water build is the true style master

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Okay, finally finished Season of the Bloom.

I haven't spent a dime on BP, so I assume I should spend at least half my gold (150k) on BP and start upgrading everything? My kingdom stats are pretty shitty.

If you don't you might get the "spiral of death" when it comes to the kingdom. That was how my first playthrough ended. It was just mismanaged.

Yes, in the early chapters, I realize there's no way your weekly BP generation can fund your kingdom's construction.
400 BP for taking a new region
100 BP for projects
20-50 BP per building
while you're making a pitiful 30 BP a week.

I also didn’t realize that you end up getting a nice income stream of gold back if you make rapid progress, too. In hindsight I would have been much more aggressive in funding expansion.

The artisans give you a steady gravy train of gold if you sell things and you get more artisans by expanding and higher tier gear by ranking up

smaug

Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
Most deals that award like 1BP/2 per week don't seem worth it so I'm just skipping them all.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Most deals that award like 1BP/2 per week don't seem worth it so I'm just skipping them all.

Well they tend to scale with number of villages and towns, as well as some other stats. Which is not always explicit. However you can certainly manage without them.

Self-Ejected

Joseph Stalin

Totally not Auraculum
I cannot, and will not, understand people who are min-maxing and power-gaming a single-player RPG. I, Joseph Stalin, have finally decided to bite the bullet, not wait for any further patches, and have begun my ultimate playthrough of the game. And since I wanted to play a character as fitting to the story as possible, I chose a humble Druid.

Strongly agree about the first part, I only min-max in competitive online games. What makes you think a humble druid suits the story most though? You're playing a mercenary who seeks to become a ruler, and who spends much of his time developing his kingdom. I was tempted to play one myself, but decided against it because I thought a "druid king" who builds cities etc. wouldn't feel right.

A druid is *supposed* to serve as a mediator between man, fey, and nature - not a hermit eating berries in the middle of nowhere.

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
I cannot, and will not, understand people who are min-maxing and power-gaming a single-player RPG. I, Joseph Stalin, have finally decided to bite the bullet, not wait for any further patches, and have begun my ultimate playthrough of the game. And since I wanted to play a character as fitting to the story as possible, I chose a humble Druid.

Strongly agree about the first part, I only min-max in competitive online games. What makes you think a humble druid suits the story most though? You're playing a mercenary who seeks to become a ruler, and who spends much of his time developing his kingdom. I was tempted to play one myself, but decided against it because I thought a "druid king" who builds cities etc. wouldn't feel right.

A druid is *supposed* to serve as a mediator between man, fey, and nature - not a hermit eating berries in the middle of nowhere.
I don't disagree (except maybe on the fey aspect, in the Pathfinder universe) exactly, but the game really doesn't do a good job of the wilderness aspects, which is sad considering that it's largely a wilderness campaign. It is very "civilizational" and "manifest destiny" as presented.

Desiderius

Patron

Well they tend to scale with number of villages and towns, as well as some other stats. Which is not always explicit. However you can certainly manage without them.

As with all good Russians they have little feel for the time value of money. By the time those deals pay themselves off you’re swimming in cash, so I’ve stopped doing any of them AND I take the 500BP up front.

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
So this is my third time trying to win on unfair and I have to admit its getting a bit old. I can progress but the random crits that do 80 dmg are hard to counter (yeah, yeah a good offense and all that). Basically any crit and its lights out. Shit ain't fun, its tedious.

Anyway going to drop down to hard I think. So long chivo :negative:.

smaug

Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
I can't go west beyond Narlmarches, get stopped by archers and trying to go into the mountains, I get stopped guards from Varnholdt.

I already did the floors available in the dlc dungeon, but I can't do anything else. Am I supposed to just skip days doing Kingdom Management until the next story trigger happens? (175 days until ancient curse part 3)

Last edited:

Trashos

Arcane
I can't go west beyond Narlmarches, get stopped by archers and trying to go into the mountains, I get stopped guards from Varnholdt.

I already did the floors available in the dlc dungeon, but I can't do anything else. Am I supposed to just skip days doing Kingdom Management until the next story trigger happens? (175 days until ancient curse part 3)

Time to rank up those advisors.

smaug

Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
Okay, I needed 6 buildings to upgrade a village to a town, which I have for all my villages, I have annexed 5 regions so far. It still won't let me upgrade my villages?

Trashos

Arcane
Okay, I needed 6 buildings to upgrade a village to a town, which I have for all my villages, I have annexed 5 regions so far. It still won't let me upgrade my villages?

You need 6 NON COLORED buildings in the village that you want to upgrade. Are you sure you have them? (some buildings are shown in blue in the lists, these don't count).
You need 3 villages to get a town, and 3 towns to get a city. Once you fulfil the requirements, you get a project that you have to do before the upgrade. ONE DAY AFTER the project is done, you open up the village of choice and there is an upwards arrow that allows you to upgrade it to town.

Desiderius

Patron
So this is my third time trying to win on unfair and I have to admit its getting a bit old. I can progress but the random crits that do 80 dmg are hard to counter (yeah, yeah a good offense and all that). Basically any crit and its lights out. Shit ain't fun, its tedious.

Anyway going to drop down to hard I think. So long chivo :negative:.

Yeah, that's pretty much where I was until I started doing all this testing.

It's the best difficulty and the one I'd play without an ideal party line-up.

Trashos

Arcane
WTF is that "WTF am I reading?" rating, smaug? I am trying to help you.

You have 5 villages, so you obviously deserve 1 town. If you cannot upgrade anything, it means that you are not fulfiling the requirements yet. I gave you the requirements. Are you fulfilling them all?

EDIT: Nice one, guys :P

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom