Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline OSR Games - Official thread

Curratum

What exactly are your attack and skill rolls like? What's the complete formula?

When the pdf is finished you can have it. I'm planning on straight up releasing it as a PWYW. Attack rolls are 1d20 + ability score modifier

So you use different dice for skill checks and combat? :(

Unified dice mechanics is 3.0+ poison! :happytrollboy:

Unified dice mechanics is just good design.

Self-Ejected

TheDiceMustRoll

Game Analist
What exactly are your attack and skill rolls like? What's the complete formula?

When the pdf is finished you can have it. I'm planning on straight up releasing it as a PWYW. Attack rolls are 1d20 + ability score modifier

So you use different dice for skill checks and combat? :(

Unified dice mechanics is 3.0+ poison! :happytrollboy:

Unified dice mechanics is just good design.

:abyssgazer:

Bara

Arcane
This player is pretty aggressively bad faith though, I might just boot him since he threw his dice across the room because he got in trouble with the law after making a habit of killing and eating people for rations in a dungeon.

You're systems pretty darn cool and if he can't find another type of fantasy he enjoys in it I'd say the issues are definitely more on him after that dice throwing nonsense. If talking to him to reign that shit back in and if he something upsets him about the game but can't talk about without throwing a fit I'd just give him the boot. You're other players will most likely thank you for it.

I’m sad that they are reusing a lot of the same images as the classic tome. They should at least had changed that. I feel like I bought the same book a second time.

If it helps I'm starting to see a few more pieces of new art in the updates to the pre-release pdfs. Such as a new piece of art on the drow page and a two-piece full color spread of epic crab battle. I do enjoy the fact the druegar is squinting his eyes to try to see in sunlight.

nyjsu

Educated
Patron
I helped put crap in Monomyth
Looks like worlds without number Kickstarter will be launching soon.

How was stars?

Haven't played SWN but read the pdf and stole the skill system for my own games. I really like Crawford's writing and no-nonsense approach as there's just the right amount of flavor with most of the focus being on the ruleset. Also the GM sandbox tools seem great. Definitely backing Worlds without number.

AdamReith

Magister
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
So is there a remote play scene for any of this stuff.

I was very excited when I found out that OSR is a thing but couldn't find anybody playing anything but 5th in Dublin. (If 5th is truly for homos that checks out.)

Sacibengala

Prophet

I was very excited when I found out that OSR is a thing but couldn't find anybody playing anything but 5th in Dublin. (If 5th is truly for homos that checks out.)

You can check out the discord channels available for OSR, but be aware. If you think that the 5e crowd is pretty liberal for your tastes, fasten your seatbelt, because you are coming for a ride. There are some facebook groups you could checkout as well.

pakoito

Arcane
Patron

I plan to move there in a couple of years and I'm open to grognarding with some anglos, if you can wait.

Bara

Arcane

I’ve had great luck with people looking to play with the OSE rules to avoid the nonsense on roll20.

But yeah I recommend looking on Facebook groups as others recommend. Or any place where you can check a persons post history and see where they dabble.

Self-Ejected

TheDiceMustRoll

Game Analist
I wouldn't mind running a game or two of my system. Gotta get some playtesters going. dm me with times

infidel

StarInfidel
Developer
Strap Yourselves In
what if I was actually a brain parasite that, if my character died, my parasite could possess someone else and keep all of the ability increases.

Make him roll for every ability on changing hosts. On good rolls, you retain it, on bad rolls you have it at half or something. On fumbles, he outright loses it. Plus make him roll for successful host transition. On failure the transition was bad - he's too weak and stuck with that host for a while until he can attempt another host change. If he dies in a weakened state, it's a final death for him. This will add some problems and danger to the transition period while retaining some semblance of balance.

Another possibility is splitting up parasite knowledge and host knowledge. At the risk of plugging my computer roguelike, the parasite retains all skills on changing hosts (since it's its knowledge), but host stats are used for all appropriate rolls instead (since its host body). But that probably would not work for your system, you don't seem to use the stats layer as far as I can see.

To sum it up, parasites are cool, and any sane players can be accommodated with some custom rule additions :)

Bara

Arcane
So some time tomorrow the pledge manager for OSE advance fantasy should be up again and all renaming emails inviting people into it should be sent out.

So don't forget to add your address and shipping and end up like those poor folks who missed out on their rewards like every kickstarter.

Also Morblot I gota say thank you again for talking to me about OSE and OSR in general. I've been able to find so many more games with it rather than just advertising/looking for B/X games.

Sacibengala

Prophet
So some time tomorrow the pledge manager for OSE advance fantasy should be up again and all renaming emails inviting people into it should be sent out.

So don't forget to add your address and shipping and end up like those poor folks who missed out on their rewards like every kickstarter.

Also Morblot I gota say thank you again for talking to me about OSE and OSR in general. I've been able to find so many more games with it rather than just advertising/looking for B/X games.

For me the shipping for extra stuff are pretty high. That was a bug or something?

*Compared with the shipping for the rewards of the kickstarter I already backed.

Bara

Arcane
I think it was a bug they did say in update 20

We have closed the pre-order store while we adjust the shipping.

So either they set the wrong options or something else I guess we'll know for sure tomorrow

pakoito

Arcane
Patron

For me the shipping for extra stuff are pretty high. That was a bug or something?

*Compared with the shipping for the rewards of the kickstarter I already backed.
Right? I added $20 to get both new adventures and it bumped my shipping costs to $30.

Morblot

Aberrant Member | Star Trek V Apologist
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
For me the add-ons (the adventures + the monsters and treasure books) bumped the shipping from $27.50 to a whopping $44.50 :eek: That seems a bit excessive since they're supposed to be sent from Europe.

Melan

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! I helped put crap in Monomyth
That can happen if the package gets bumped from one weight category to another. For instance, my global mailing rates for up to 500 g are about $7, but at 501-2000 g, it suddenly jumps to $25 (and from 2001 g, it would be a really unpleasant $66!). Splitting the order can help keept the costs down, but not for weightier items.

Nobody is happy about this, but postal prices have increased significantly in the last decade or so, particularly for international shipping.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom