Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dota 2 Discussion (~Boston Majors & Road to TI7~)

What modes should we play?

• Total voters
bout to fucking uninstall
5 games techies bnanned every damn game
stuck playing boring ass heroes

either that or I'll start spamming invoker as soft support
fuck gaben

The exact reason people like you exist, is why Techies is banned every game.
Nobody wants a greedy hero that drags games as long as possible without any late game potential.

TL;DR - Please uninstall.

I don't mind Techies, as it's a viable hero under the right circumstances.

But re-installing only to play Techies, while thinking everything else is boring, and threatening to grief isn't what this game needs.

Shows he has no interest in Dota really, and should just uninstall.

Dawkinsfan69

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard

fuck gaben

Nobody wants a greedy hero that drags games as long as possible without any late game potential.

But re-installing only to play Techies, while thinking everything else is boring, and threatening to grief isn't what this game needs.

i have interest in playing dota as techies
or as invoker soft support

maybe you should uninstall

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
i have interest in playing dota as techies
or as invoker soft support

maybe you should uninstall

:bro:

Fuck the "ThIs Is NoT GoOd fOr tHe GaMe" haters. Just play whatever you like you to play. Games are about having fun, fuck the metaslaves

I don't care what's good for the game..? only what's good for my games.
If you are sulking that techies is banned and threatening to uninstall maybe you should fuck off to league. :hug:

Today I banned techies and some guy started Reeeing at me on his headset. It was really funny. Didn't even mute.

fuck gaben

Pretty much this.
Also the whole entitled "you don't pay my Dota+ Subscription I'm entitled to this blah blah blah"

Dawkinsfan69

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard
i would fuck off to league if league had techies
but it doesn't
i like dota bcuz it has techies and invoker

just annoyed that the hero that I happen to enjoy the most, is also the hero that's banned almost every match
you'd feel the same way if your fav hero was constantly banned

this wasn't a problem last time I played, when only like 3 or 4 heroes would get banned each match
but now it's like 10 heroes get banned every match

Citizen

i would fuck off to league if league had techies

maxresdefault.jpg

:love::love::love:

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Techies is far more fun than Teemo IMO.

The problem is he is so easily countered and his entire kit is designed around shoving waves underneath your carries and the other team never pushing back until they have sentries flying out their ass and stacked bkb's.

He's a selfish pick where the person who picked him has fun but rest of your team is just standing around with their dicks in their hand or trying to man up on 4 v 5 fights.
It's a pure cancer pick in Unranked especially from someone who "only plays techies" and only plays for those Epix Triple Kill exploshuns

I say this all with the caveat that there are some amazing techies players out there who completely clutch win games and abuse their aoe silence with great effect.
That's probably the 1% though and definitely not you.

I think it's the only hero that teams both don't want on their team and don't want to play against. Which is why he's banned every Unranked / Low MMR game - and countered everywhere else.

TL;DR - It brings me joy you never get to have fun.

Techies needs a rework but that hero's salt production is ON POINT :)

IIRC when Dota 2 first released, there was 2 hero's people were dreading coming over from WC3.
Clinkz and Techies. (I think Nightstalker was another pubstomper everyone hated too)

Techies always had the unique ability to produce salt from both teams though.
(And if you ban him, techies players get salty too.. so it's lose-lose-lose)

:smug:

Last edited:

Citizen

Techies is far more fun than Teemo IMO.

Teemo is super fun to shit on dumb people, but sadly he's extremely one-dimensional and if your lane opponent has even minimal situational awareness and short-term memory, you won't be able to do anything in lane after lvl3. I wish league had more complex dota-like characters like invoker or techies tho, because I really prefer leagues feel and can't force myself to play dota2, yet hate league's character design as of late. Latest league characters *cough* aphelios *cough* are just an over-complicated mess of passives with no unique gameplay or any real complexity behind them

Guess I won't be reinstalling either of them anytime soon :?

Citizen

because I really prefer leagues feel

But Why... Free Teleports and no Creep denying?
Dota is far more balanced and has way better tempo.. League is so herpy derpy and looks like ass imo.

That Fiddlestick video was pretty awesome though.

It's subjective. No turn animations, smooth animation cancelling that allows ranged characters to kite without losing speed and caster character to shave seconds off their ability combos, overall simpler and more fluid animations. Also readability, I'm not a fan of league's artstyle, but it has simpler graphics with high contrast colors that are much easier to read.

Most important reason for me though is the jungler role, which I play like 80% of the time. Doka2 sadly doesn't give me similar experience of having ultimate map control, choosing which fights to pick for my team, what lane should be pushed, what objective to pursue, without the need to waste time and brainpower clicking on low HP creeps. No game in league feels as good as when you totally outclass the enemy jungler, the whole enemy team just can't do shit. The jungle difference is real, and the better jungler usually wins in soloque. I guess playing mid is the closest dota has to league's jungle, but it's still not the same.

Picking the unpredictable routes across the map and showing up in the right moment to turn the unfavourable fight into an easy 2v1, earlygame towerdiving, counterjungling, that's my jam nigga

Also I fucking love nunu
4TaSnas.jpg

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Jungling was a bit of a plague when every idiot and their mother used Legion and went afk for 30 minutes. There's 2 heroes that should be acceptable junglers: Enigma and LD. That's it.

Citizen

Jungling was a bit of a plague when every idiot and their mother used Legion and went afk for 30 minutes.

AFK jungling is cancer, thankfully league got rid of it back in season 5-6, so the meta is either strong early game junglers for lvl 2-3 pressure (Elise, Lee Sin, Reksai) or midgame oriented tanks. I play jungle as a tank/support going full aggro in midgame and trying to pick fights/dive weak laners ASAP. CC-heavy tanks are the best junglers IMO

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
brainpower clicking on low HP creeps

This really becomes second nature with minor adjustments when you pick up new hero's.
A huge level of fun for me is how you can control creep waves between denying / pulling aggro / pulling lane / range creep priority / shoving on catapults.

League laning is soooo boring.. it's just last hitting and picking the other enemy. The creeps don't seem to even block hero's.. I can usually just squeeze through them, you can't deny them.. you can't control them.. blehh

Jungling in league..I dunno.. I'm not really a "League Pro" but it just seems like.. you ask team for help with your first camp then run around jungling all game and ganking..?
What does it mean to dominate in jungling other than to just farm camps faster?

This game has become completely unplayable over the last few months. Every single match has one or multiple griefers, people tilt 2 minutes in and it's just a miserable experience 99.9% of the time. It's unconscionable, unjustifiable and a complete waste of time.

I don't think Dota will ever truly 'die' because many people have invested tens of thousands of hours into it and most are susceptible to the sunken cost fallacy - however, I'm pretty sure it will continue dwindling in numbers if some serious thought is not put into the player experience. If even someone like me, who has over 10k hours in the game and has played since 2011, can't justify putting in even a single match a day, then how can they hope to keep the game alive?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom