Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Thank you very much for sharing Lawntoilet ! Those Trickster abilities are absolutely amazing. Definitely going with my trusty Arcane Trickster and Trickster mythic path. Lich is going to have to wait.

Serpent in the Staglands Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Thought that they might have fixed up mounted combat a bit since the original alpha so I tried to make a cavalier. Turns out Spirited Charge doesn't do anything at all and when I leveled up while mounted I got dismounted but kept the "mounted" condition so I can't mount again. Oh well, it's an alpha.

Now to spend another hour in the chargen trying to figure out what new character to make.

Sarathiour

Cipher
I don't believe that her story is complete enough yet. I haven't seen her alignment change by the end of Act 3.
I don't see why they won't change her portrait, they did it for tristan and valerie, will do it for lich path and
galafrey

Because apparently some people are having trouble with my pics, this might be better:
https://imgur.com/a/ZApbze0

:bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce:

For mythic spell, how is caster level calculed ?

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
For mythic spell, how is caster level calculed ?

Depends on whether you merge spellbooks or not, altho its buggy and might subject to cchange anyway as this is only from chat in Discord.

In general, you can only merge spellbooks with certain classes for certain Mythic Path. Lich for example, I think can merge with Wizard and Sorcerer. In case of merging spellbooks, your CL will be your base class CL + Mythic Level. A level 13 Wizard with 3 Mythic level willbe CL 16 (only the CL mind you, not spell progression).

If you don't merge spellbooks due to class incompatibility it should be Mythic Level x 2. So a Level 13 Fighter with 3 Mythic Level will have 6 CL for the Mythic Spells.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
How is the music? Do they reuse anything from Kingmaker? (not that I mind too much, the OST was pretty good).

Polanski

Scholar
Back to the horribleness of build-planning. It always takes me several days to plan a character, that is both somewhat thematic and good enough for harder difficulties.

And now I also need to account for a mythic path, hopefully without spoiling myself too much.

Do you guys build plan with the mythic character path and levels in mind? And how do you not end up with an completely abstract (sorcerer/paladin/monk/lich) character?

Would a necromancer summoner build be possible? To fit with the Lich path. Are there enough undead creation spells? Could it be a monster tactician perhaps or do the undead not get the teamwork traits?

How about a tiefling abyssal sorcerer summoner? would fit with the demon path I guess.

Would a natural attack build be possible? Any suggestions for class/mythic path?

Maybe just a boring hellknight build would fit with the story and then I could choose whatever path most suits the characters demon killing ways.

Lawntoilet

Prophet
Patron
Do you guys build plan with the mythic character path and levels in mind? And how do you not end up with an completely abstract (sorcerer/paladin/monk/lich) character?
Yes, you get 10 levels and choose from a set of special Mythic abilities so you'll want to look for things that work well together. That's also how I don't "end up with a completely abstract character" (and your example wouldn't work in the game anyway since you can't be a LG Lich)
Would a necromancer summoner build be possible? To fit with the Lich path. Are there enough undead creation spells? Could it be a monster tactician perhaps or do the undead not get the teamwork traits?
Cleric or Wizard would probably be better than Inquisitor for undead summoning.
How about a tiefling abyssal sorcerer summoner? would fit with the demon path I guess. Would a natural attack build be possible? Any suggestions for class/mythic path?
Motherless Tiefling Abyssal Sorc can be a base for a natural attack build and summoning build.
Barbarian, Vivisectionist, and Dragon Disciple all give access to natural attacks too, so any of them would also work as a base.
Maybe just a boring hellknight build would fit with the story and then I could choose whatever path most suits the characters demon killing ways.
You get a Hellknight companion but Hellknight or Signifier build would be good for an Aeon playthrough.

BarbequeMasta

Learned
BTW what are the alignment restrictions for Lichs, do they have to be LE, can they be NE or LN.
Also what happens to your mythic path if you diverge for said alignement? like a Lich spaming good choices, or a Angel spamming evil choices.

Xamenos

Magister
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
BTW what are the alignment restrictions for Lichs, do they have to be LE, can they be NE or LN.
Also what happens to your mythic path if you diverge for said alignement? like a Lich spaming good choices, or a Angel spamming evil choices.
I'm not in the Alpha, but the way it had been explained was that Lich was any Evil, and the main Lich questline would put you so far in the negatives by default that making good choices everywhere would MAYBE allow you to remain in the south end of Neutral.

BarbequeMasta

Learned
I'm not in the Alpha, but the way it had been explained was that Lich was any Evil, and the main Lich questline would put you so far in the negatives by default that making good choices everywhere would MAYBE allow you to remain in the south end of Neutral.
Thx, guess am going all in on Evil in my first playthrough.

Lawntoilet

Prophet
Patron
Lich can be Neutral or Evil I believe.
Not sure about alignment changes but based on file leaks there is a point later in the game where you can switch to certain other Mythic paths (Legend, at minimum) regardless of your original choice.

Percy

Cipher
I am such a fag, took me a hour to pick a character and I ended up with a black humam proclaimer of gorum who is basically a shitter fighter based on my playstyle (let them auto attack unless I die , then reload and use strategy)

I originally wanted to play a blonde chad but no suitable portraits in alpha.

BarbequeMasta

Learned
I am such a fag, took me a hour to pick a character and I ended up with a black humam proclaimer of gorum who is basically a shitter fighter based on my playstyle (let them auto attack unless I die , then reload and use strategy)

I originally wanted to play a blonde chad but no suitable portraits in alpha.
Just import the chad picture from that virgin vs chad meme.

Removal

Scholar
Cleric or Wizard would probably be better than Inquisitor for undead summoning.
cleric gets access to skelly summoning earlier than wiz/sorc/arcanist, but still too early to say if cleric to lich is gonna be allowed in terms of merging spellbooks

According to the datamining you can get so evil that
mommy iomedae personally smites you

Bara

Arcane
Was kind hoping trickster was going to be more about illusions and making the unreal real and vice versa rather than trampoline pit spell.

Ah well it'll be a good change of pace for a second or third play through when I want throw a fistful of glitter into the eyes of demons.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom