Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Sobchak

Scholar
Patron
The presentation is great, this thing definitely cost a lot of money. Yes, there is a combat log. Armors look the same if equipped on different characters.

Any news on when they will integrate Baldur's Gate aesthetics on Baldur's Gate 3 ?

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
BioWare was right to bar Dwarves from being mages.
In 5E, dwarves make interesting wizards thanks to their racial armor proficiency. You can go around in medium armor throwing fireballs.

The problem is they do not get an onborn bump to intelligence. This means in point buy and stat allocation systems you start the game with a +2 in a main stat, not a +3. A trendemous disadvantage, I don't think its worth the extra AC. Maybe with Hill Dwarf for the extra hp.
That's why I said interesting, not optimal. I've seen a couple of mountain dwarf wizards, and they are far from unplayable: a bonus to your main ability is important, but you can live without it, and that's true for almost any class. Right now one of my players is playing a hill dwarf dexterity-based monk, and she is wrecking things.

Mud'

Scholar
If we are doomed that history repeats itself, in a few years a man will take over a project by himself, and make rats a real enemy. Maybe naming them Many-as-One, or something...

My first TPK in D&D was at level 5 with Rats, it was first them doing sucker punches but there were too many, then the fuckers started to merge and make like a gigant rat Bloodborn style that could threw its limbs in rats.

Other than that, i havent fought against a Rat since Dark Souls 2 came out and cant think of a level 1 quest where you kill rats.

Also the player numbers are from Day 1 EA, how much is this shit going to peak when the game leaves EA.

jackofshadows

Magister
Here, have an elf waifu.

BJGBa9m.jpg
You'd better shave her head tho in order to avoid massive immershun-breakings.

There are currently 55k+ players on Steam playing BG3*. Did any PoE, Wasteland, DoS etc. came even close to these numbers?

*wouldn't be surprised to see number rise to 100k before midnight
OS2 is a little under 100K so they'll have to beat themselves (the rest didn't even come close)

What was the OS2 Early Access peak though? What's the current record for Early Access anyways? Close to 70,000 now.

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
I really hate how when you do a long rest, the game basically teleports you to some camp location, you do your dialogue there, and then it teleports you to wherever you came from.
You rest on the beach? The camp is in the same woods place. You rest in the corpse of a dead alien? The camp is in the same woods place. I get it would be a lot of work to change that, but at least add a few transition frames of walking or something, it looks stupid.

Bara

Arcane
I really hate how when you do a long rest, the game basically teleports you to some camp location, you do your dialogue there, and then it teleports you to wherever you came from.
You rest on the beach? The camp is in the same woods place. You rest in the corpse of a dead alien? The camp is in the same woods place. I get it would be a lot of work to change that, but at least add a few transition frames of walking or something, it looks stupid.

Does it just blank screen transition to the camp site or at least show some kinda minor walking animation from where you hit the camp button?

I could justify it that they want to camp in the tree line for cover or some such but they have to at least do something in game to suggest why that's happening.

conan_edw

Arbiter
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Pathfinder: Wrath
rvLFHGs.png

Not sure how bad it is but ended up with this. Decided to dump STR and CHA, WIS to for higher Passive Perception and INT would get to +3 once I get to level 4 after going AT.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
I was just going to say that his CON is pointless at that +1. Either go 0 so you can bump INT to 16 at the start, or dump WIS to get a higher CON score. In PnP, you can get higher scores due to how rolling for attributes work. Some things have to be sacrificed when using a point buy system, though. You can't have high DEX, high WIS, high CON, and high INT in order to min-max your Arcane Trickster, this isn't BG1/2 or PnP. And even in PnP, you need crazy luck to do it unless you fudge rolls. The thing with the Arcane Trickster is that they don't use many offensive spells (only enchantment and illusion) for that INT to matter much tbh.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Did you get the EA, Lacrymas?
I had a really rough day and my access to my online banking is basically destroyed (thanks, America), so no. I'd have to either wait a few weeks to get that sorted out, or ask my father to use his debit card. Since I'm not in that much of a hurry, I'll just wait it out.

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
This will sell like Skyrim bundled with hooker, whiskey & coke. Might be bad thing for cRPGs, might be good

conan_edw

Arbiter
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Pathfinder: Wrath
Thanks, dumped WIS for more CON. Do we get to make custom companions or that's coming later?

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Did you get the EA, Lacrymas?
I had a really rough day and my access to my online banking is basically destroyed (thanks, America), so no. I'd have to either wait a few weeks to get that sorted out, or ask my father to use his debit card. Since I'm not in that much of a hurry, I'll just wait it out.
LoL you must be retarded for using kwanza shit buahahahaha,you deserve that shit :).

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Don't forget do screenshot bearded females.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom