Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
America and Russia have always been allies. Many similarities.

Don’t let Derp State/Rainbow Empire/CCP cucks fool you.

Desiderius

Patron
Btw, is there anyone here who is as successful during lvls 1-3 as later?

Because I am at a point where I can ironman the game on Hard, except for lvls 1-3. Not sure to what extend it is my fault, but I feel that there is certainly a difficulty dive between lvl3 and lvl4.

elevangelist: The world and all that is worldly is Evil, to enter the Kingdom of Heaven you must cast it all away, preferably into my back account.

Feminist: Masculinity is Evil incarnate.

Trashos: They're both right, that's ackshually what makes Evil Good.

I am not saying Evil is good, I am saying it has a point. We are probably using different definitions for it though. For example, in my definition practical Evil societies allow cruelty, within specific rules in the case of Lawful Evil, but do not necessarily always enforce it.
In many societies, within Christianity too, it has been generally considered perfectly OK to treat those who are below you in hierarchy cruelly (peasants when you are a lord, slaves when you are a citizen, and from what I remember, although I could be wrong, the Bible does not give a shit about animal rights). Is that Evil or not? I say it is, I just don't think it is unnatural or that it should always be avoided.

In Baldur's Gate setting I would probably have been a Harper, trying to keep both Evil and Good in check. I have explained above why I play Evil in Kingmaker, I have never had a lot of chances to have satisfying Evil playthroughs in other games.

Cruelty, especially to one’s vassals and/or the less fortunate has never been Oll Korrect.

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Because I am at a point where I can ironman the game on Hard, except for lvls 1-3. Not sure to what extend it is my fault, but I feel that there is certainly a difficulty dive between lvl3 and lvl4.
You have your "house rule" of not summoning and decline to use a pet. Also, you probably do not get both "immortal" Jaethal and Linzi ASAP. Thus all inevitable criticals are eaten by your party only. What do you expect?

My recollection is fuzzy but I think you get 3 free respecs pretty early on so if you wanted to roll through the early game on Ironman, I would go with pets up the wazoo

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
1. Three first respecs are, indeed, free.
2. In-game respecs do not change the starting levels of a companion. So Valerie will always have 1 level of TSS and Jubilost will always have 5 (IIRC) levels of Alhcemist.
3. Using in-game respec changes any difficulty up from Challenging to Custom.

Mercenaries are never free, but their price depends on the level of the protagonist.

Last edited:

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas

Low lvl D&D is always slave to the RNG.

Anyway if you can make it through the prologue/Olegs with daze you are at lvl 2 then you can pick and choose your fights until lvl 4+. I've always thought to do iron man you need a lot of meat shields. People who will die for you so you can get to lvl 5.

Last edited:

Trashos

Arcane
You have your "house rule" of not summoning and decline to use a pet. Also, you probably do not get both "immortal" Jaethal and Linzi ASAP. Thus all inevitable criticals are eaten by your party only. What do you expect?

Jaethal is always core to my party, I always get her. I do not get Linzi, but then again I do not use her in the rest of the game either (except for Ch5 for narrative reasons).
So the point is that my house rules are the same all the way through. The results change for only a specific part of the game.

I hear you though, I hear you. But the question remains, do YOU find Ch1-3 about as easy/hard as the rest of the game?

Anyway if you can make it through the prologue/Olegs with daze you are at lvl 2 then you can pick and choose your fights until lvl 4+. I've always thought to do iron man you need a lot of meat shields. People who will die for you so you can get to lvl 5.

In my current playthrough I was fine after hitting lvl4, this is actually my most successful playthrough (Sword Saint, btw). Yeah, I have tried daze-galore, not working dependably even on Hard.

My recollection is fuzzy but I think you get 3 free respecs pretty early on so if you wanted to roll through the early game on Ironman, I would go with pets up the wazoo

Eh, even if I bite the bullet and decide to use meatshields for this part of the game, respecs are definitely out of the question. I would rather use meatshields, if I had to choose.

So with that in mind, I do not even know if meatshields are available that early on if MC build does not come with it. Or there may be specific builds that do better on lvls1-3. Needs research.

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
But the question remains, do YOU find Ch1-3 about as easy/hard as the rest of the game?
I'd say Chapter 1 is more difficult. The rest is not so much, because with Jubilost, Ekundayo, and more spells a player has enough tools to mitigate crits. I think CC is crucial for the 1st chapter, so for my future run I am going to roll a Conjuration Wizard or Sylvan Sorcerer whose only task will be beating saves. May be I'm wrong - I'll see.

Also, from the perspective of mitigating crits Linzi, Jaethal, summons and pets are all meatshields. All of them come back after death.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
unknown.png

unknown.png

Ulfhednar

Savant
Mesmerizing necklace can be pretty handy early on for CC if you're not already a sorc. Removed Kalannah and her meat shields with it's 3/day color spray from the Technic league fight for me earlier today. Lucky, cause I was headed back to Oleg's already wounded and running out of per days after ancient tomb and thorn's ford, and was stupidly wandering through the woods on my way home...

Üstad

Arcane
Okay so I faced with the horned one and finished varnhold dlc and reloaded my main save and continue on. I'm on part 3, I started the dlc when maegar varn invited me to his capital, after I finished with the dlc I went to his capital but he seems to use his generic lines, other than asking for alliance and whatnot.

So how do I find my dlc character and his items? I saved stat boosting tomes for my main character and I want them back.

Robber Baron

Savant
Damn it, apparently there's no battle music when playing in TB mode and I play only in TB. Also random UI functions stop working after 2-3 battles when playing on controller and you need to save/load to unfuck it. I only want to play from my sofa is it so much to ask.

tenor.gif

Last edited:

Trashos

Arcane
Cleric of Asmodeus, yes, I know about the Sylvan Sorcerer (and actually I have him in mind for doing the switch to Unfair at some point). But I am wondering if there are also classes with no pets that are especially strong in the beginning.

A straight tank build *might* help in lvl1, but it will be useless to me later.
(And, generally, sending my main first to battle is definitely not what I have in mind for ironman. Even on Hard, in certain battles I kept my main completely out of it.)

Also, from the perspective of mitigating crits Linzi, Jaethal, summons and pets are all meatshields. All of them come back after death.

Indeed, the main tanks I have been using are Jaethal and Okbo, for exactly the reason you are saying. I can't have both Jaethal and Linzi for the difficult battle with Tartuccio's people at the temple, but let's assume that I manage to figure that battle out and re-recruit Linzi there. I wonder how fast I can turn Linzi into an actual tank. Something to look into, cheers!

Mesmerizing necklace

I do not think I have that in my game. Online, it says that came only with pre-orders.
Anyway, it would help with enchanting, but I do not think that it is going to improve the situation that much.

Xamenos

Magister
Patron
The game is harder at low levels. There's no doubt about that. There are ways to manage, as Desiderius, Haplo and Pink Eye have described before, but it doesn't change the basic fact that the game gets easier as your characters grow and your options expand.

Okay so I faced with the horned one and finished varnhold dlc and reloaded my main save and continue on. I'm on part 3, I started the dlc when maegar varn invited me to his capital, after I finished with the dlc I went to his capital but he seems to use his generic lines, other than asking for alliance and whatnot
Varnhold's Lot's events are concurrent with the main campaign's Chapter 3. At the end of Chapter 3 you will get an opportunity to import the save in the main campaign, and it will influence events after that. Don't expect anything major though.

So how do I find my dlc character and his items? I saved stat boosting tomes for my main character and I want them back.
Did you not pay attention to what happened there? Finding him is not exactly easy. If you do things right you MIGHT do it during the endgame, but not before. And you don't get access to his inventory. There will be a goblin merchant later on in the main campaign that offers to sell you the unique items you found in the DLC, but that's all. The stat boosters are gone.

Trashos

Arcane
Barbarian

To the best of my knowledge, Barbarians are just there to dish out as much damage as possible before they die. That's not what we are looking for. Haven't paid much attention to them tbh (I replace Amiri as soon as I can), but their survivability does not seem to be that good. Am I missing something?

Yosharian

Arcane
Barbarian

To the best of my knowledge, Barbarians are just there to dish out as much damage as possible before they die. That's not what we are looking for. Haven't paid much attention to them tbh (I replace Amiri as soon as I can), but their survivability does not seem to be that good. Am I missing something?
You're not missing anything, although they can get significantly better with access to better totem powers and additional DR abilities

Desiderius

Patron
yeah, there's never been any evil things done by christian leaders, and

Hospital for sinners not a hotel for saints.

All y'all need to stop listening to the Rainbow Empire propaganda. It's embarrassing.
If you were Irish you'd know it's laundry work and forced adoptions for sinners

Fucker, when your boy Machiavelli was writing the Pope was a mob boss putting out hits on the Medici boys in the main cathedral of Firenze during Easter Sunday worship. Do you have any idea what species we’re dealing with here, or are you going to sit in the corner with your coloring book your whole life?

Hurr, durr, people die is hospitals so medicine sux.

bec de corbin

Educated
yeah, there's never been any evil things done by christian leaders, and

Hospital for sinners not a hotel for saints.

All y'all need to stop listening to the Rainbow Empire propaganda. It's embarrassing.
If you were Irish you'd know it's laundry work and forced adoptions for sinners

Fucker, when your boy Machiavelli was writing the Pope was a mob boss putting out hits on the Medici boys in the main cathedral of Firenze during Easter Sunday worship. Do you have any idea what species we’re dealing with here, or are you going to sit in the corner with your coloring book your whole life?

Hurr, durr, people die is hospitals so medicine sux.
I have no idea what the hell you're even trying to say anymore. Either you think it was cool that the Catholic Church took the children of single mothers away or you agree that in fact the Catholic church has been largely led by evil bastards for much of its history, which would seem to undermine your claim that Christianity has led to benevolent governance for 2000 years. But hey, what do I know, maybe it's also good that the Borgias poisoned people?

Desiderius

Patron
I have no idea what the hell you're even trying to say anymore. Either you think it was cool that the Catholic Church took the children of single mothers away or you agree that in fact the Catholic church has been largely led by evil bastards for much of its history, which would seem to undermine your claim that Christianity has led to benevolent governance for 2000 years. But hey, what do I know, maybe it's also good that the Borgias poisoned people?

Can't under stand when you're determined to lord over. Let those with eyes to see do so. When you're ready to have an idea rather than an emotion we can talk.

If you're talking about R1b and all they're doing is laundry work and adoptions that's a bona fide miracle.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom