Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Resident Evil 3 Remake - Nemesis has a nose now!!!

Drakortha

Liturgist
The fact that RE3 remake is shit is that people uncritically praised the predecessor, RE2 remake, without noticing the inherent issues and decline with respect the original Resident Evil trilogy. RE3 remake is the natural evolution of the RE2 remake, no more no less. The same happened after RE4, it was praised by everyone and hence RE5 and RE6 were the result.

The maggot RE4 fans will be happy so long as they keep their 3rd person camera and emo Leon while stabbing boxes with a knife for 8 hours. That's all Resident Evil needs to be by their standards.

Silverfish

Arbiter
The reason why RE3 remake is shit is because people uncritically praised the predecessor, RE2 remake, without noticing the inherent issues and decline with respect the original Resident Evil trilogy. RE3 remake is the natural evolution of the RE2 remake, no more no less. The same happened after RE4, it was praised by everyone and hence RE5 and RE6 were the result.

This is the same reason that Village is going to be a disaster. RE7 was held up, by a shocking number of people, as either a return to form or a bold new step for the series.

cretin

Magister
Douchebag!
The reason why RE3 remake is shit is because people uncritically praised the predecessor, RE2 remake, without noticing the inherent issues and decline with respect the original Resident Evil trilogy. RE3 remake is the natural evolution of the RE2 remake, no more no less. The same happened after RE4, it was praised by everyone and hence RE5 and RE6 were the result.

This is the same reason that Village is going to be a disaster. RE7 was held up, by a shocking number of people, as either a return to form or a bold new step for the series.

It was both. Thats why they say that. Hope this helps.

Silverfish

Arbiter
You're right. Nothing bolder or more innovative than "the competition's twitch streamer meme game didn't pan out, so let's do it ourselves".

Momock

Augur
Nope. It's shit because it's a quick cashgrab.

An everybody praised the horror elements of RE2Remake, wich is a return to "true horror", not for being a shooter....

cretin

Magister
Douchebag!
i just beat it. My first impression hasn't changed: kind of shit.

The good:
Looks great
runs extremely well
loads very fast

the bad: literally everything else. The nemesis boss fights were the most antifun, boring, repetitive thing ive played in a while. The game as a whole doesnt function as a survival horror, even on hardcore, due to liberal deposits of typewriters (dont even need ribbons!) and autosaves (what the fuck is the point of hardcore then?), but doesn't feel good as an action shooter either due to bulletsponges and enemies that can either OHK you or more annoyingly stunlock you to death. This really was capcom's laziest effort to date, despite the fact they reused like 85% of the assets from RE2. Man theres so much you could talk about here but the point is its all very mediocre and undercooked, so why waste time; this is just that, a mediocrity and one not worth the price tag. Actually its not even worth the 14 gigs or whatever in download you'll waste on pirating it.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
RE3 countered a lot of the linearity and shortness with the choice system and a little bit of randomisation. I don't get why they didn't put something similar in the remake (other than it being rushed of course).

Other than the extra difficulty modes and unlocks, there isn't much reason to replay the remake.

cretin

Magister
Douchebag!
Also i want to point out that in 2020, these are incredibly short games for your money. Yes the original resident evil games were certainly not long plays, and had a lot of replayability intentionally built in. But games on average were significantly shorter in 1999 than they are now, and yet capcom is making "remakes" that not only aren't up to modern standards in content size, but are actually shorter and have less content than the originals.

If renting games was still a thing people did, i wouldve been able to rent RE3make on the console, beat it on a weekend, and never touched it again because why would you? Meanwhile a bunch of poor fags bought this for $60! $60 for a game with about 6 hours of gameplay and extremely limited replayability.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Also i want to point out that in 2020, these are incredibly short games for your money. Yes the original resident evil games were certainly not long plays, and had a lot of replayability intentionally built in. But games on average were significantly shorter in 1999 than they are now, and yet capcom is making "remakes" that not only aren't up to modern standards in content size, but are actually shorter and have less content than the originals.

If renting games was still a thing people did, i wouldve been able to rent RE3make on the console, beat it on a weekend, and never touched it again because why would you? Meanwhile a bunch of poor fags bought this for $60! $60 for a game with about 6 hours of gameplay and extremely limited replayability.
Can't meh hard enough. Any correlation between price point and gameplay hours dissolved well over a decade ago.

Deleted member 7219

Agree with this, RE 7 had a good length but it looks like the remakes get shorter and shorter.

TheHeroOfTime

Arcane
The classic Resident evil games were short even by the standards of that era. The PSX catalog was filled with a bunch of games like jrpgs that came in a couple of CDs, during 30305830945803583045834058435 hours each one. In the N64 games like Mario 64, the Zeldas, Turok 1/2 or Perfect dark were lenghty. That said, the length of RE3R isn't a problem by itself. The problem is that the game is not very replayable. And it's replayability is not just related to content, but related to how the game is designed. It is a way more lineal experience than RE2R, which was way more organic. After the flashback of Carlos in the police station, the games goes completely downhill. Nemesis turns into the dog way earlier than he should. The game needed another hub area, bigger with backtracking, riddles and tentacle nemmy roaming. But it jumps directly into the hospital. TL;DR It wastes a lot of potential.

Dodo1610

Arcane
The worst thing about the remake is how disjointed everything feels like, I wouldn't be surprised if we hear one day that Capcom just gave up on the Nemesis remake at some point because they want to focus on the far more popular RE4 Remake and just told the devs to just build a game around the assets they already had at that point + sold it with the multiplayer spin-off because they knew no one would have bought that on its own.

Dedicated_Dark

Arbiter
Finally played it. Felt like the game was on too on-rails, didn't let me play, didn't let me explore. The city is filled with so much rubble that you can't but walk in very narrow sections, might as well remove the option to move left and right! 5.5 hours even though I tried to take it slow. 13 deaths totally, only because I wanted to see how much I can get away with for the insta kill enemies, garbage design. Seriously, insta- fckn kill, the stupidity is astounding. Meh~ game overall.
Not even fun as an action game. RE5 & 6 are more fun than this.

Last edited:

Drakortha

Liturgist
Finally played it. Felt like the game was on too on-rails, didn't let me play, didn't let me explore. The city is filled with so much rubble that you can't but walk in very narrow sections, might as well remove the option to move left and right! 5.5 hours even though I tried to take it slow. 13 deaths because I wanted to see how much I can get away with for the insta kill enemies, garbage design. Seriously, insta- fckn kill, the stupidity is astounding. Meh~ game overall.
Not even fun as an action game. RE5 & 6 are more fun than this.

Pre-Order RE8 today~!

Tehdagah

Arcane

Agree with this, RE 7 had a good length but it looks like the remakes get shorter and shorter.
RE7 is short, it's just that Ethan moves at a very slow speed. RE3 Remake is bundled with a multiplayer at least.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Can't meh hard enough. Any correlation between price point and gameplay hours dissolved well over a decade ago.

I clicked the agree button in the sense of not wanting all my games to be super long. I have a life to live. However a 6 hour linear game definitely goes in my "wait for a $20 sale" bin faster than a 50 hour RPG would.

Villagkouras

Arcane
I finished this tonight. While I understand that RE 2 Remake is the better game, I had more fun with this. I hadn't played the original 3 back then, but had finished 2. RE 2 Remake is more tense but I found it somehow frustrating, this was way easier, but quicker and more "convenient". Both better than 7, I think I'll play 4-6 which I haven't. The franchise is good, I liked 1 Remake too, but was definitely harder than these two combined.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom