Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Shadow Empire - planetary conquest from Advanced Tactics/Decisive Campaigns dev

Rarre

Educated
Was going to wait for a Steam release but fuck it. This looks like my dream game.
I will wait for steam release I will get addicted and I want pure and refined drugs :keepmyjewgold:

Beowulf

Arcane
Yeah, if the only reason you are waiting is to have it on steam keep in mind that if you buy it on Matrix/Slitherine store you will get the steam code when it will be released on that platform (or unless they change their policy).
But it doesn't work the other way - buying on steam won't give you Matrix/Slitherine serial number nor access to their download.
In the past they were some patches released only on their platform that didn't make it to steam, but it was mostly for very old games and more often than not you could just download them and manually overwrite game files.

AdamReith

Magister
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
Holy hells, I've played this all day. The game seems to capture the atmosphere of fallout and dune with gameplay that's some kind of distilled Victoria 2, CK2 and Panzer General.

Still learning but the ropes for sure but I am in awe of the guy that created this.

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I would love to, but with 3 dominions 5 games at the same time, I am not sure I'll have enough time until I drop or win one of them.

Edit: one of them should be over in 10 days-2weeks, so I could start at that time.

Last edited:

AdamReith

Magister
Patron
I would love to try MP at some point but I should try and win some easy games against AI first I think.

Just had a great game where I was pushing along a road with my light infantry and a huge horde of mutants swept in behind them cutting off their supply.

This is a game that encourages good recon.

AdamReith

Magister
Patron
They gave me shit on the official forums for enjoying single player.

Would be up for an MP if anybody is interested. 99% probability I will mess up the logistics and self destruct though.

oscar

Arcane
My Field of Glory II tournament is already running me pretty ragged but in a few weeks I should be able to commit.

Beowulf

Arcane
I just finished one of my PBEM's so I think I have time for another one.
If my 'dex Bros really want to start this time

Beowulf

Arcane
How are the air forces? Janky, broken, functional, dare I say, fun?

Too early to tell, really. But some designs seem to be very strong, bordering on being OP, at least against soft targets.

EDIT:
You might want to wait until the next patch anyway.
https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tt.asp?forumid=1775

And I think steam release date was set to 3.XII, so I guess all major issues should be fixed by then.

Navy DLC might be released in 2021.

EDIT 2:
This man is a one man army, new patch to fix the issues mentioned above is already released.

Last edited:

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

Too early to tell, really. But some designs seem to be very strong, bordering on being OP, at least against soft targets.

EDIT:

And I think steam release date was set to 3.XII, so I guess all major issues should be fixed by then.

EDIT 2:
This man is a one man army, new patch to fix the issues mentioned above is already released.
Wasn't airforce supposed to come in a DLC?

Beowulf

Arcane

EDIT:

EDIT 2:
Wasn't airforce supposed to come in a DLC?

Well, it's out. And navy will come in a DLC from the looks of it:
https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4910627

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom