Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Barbarian

To the best of my knowledge, Barbarians are just there to dish out as much damage as possible before they die. That's not what we are looking for. Haven't paid much attention to them tbh (I replace Amiri as soon as I can), but their survivability does not seem to be that good. Am I missing something?

AmiriBarbAC.jpg

The tools are there if you want to use them. But yeah damage is the best CC.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Projecting current morality on history even 100 years ago is totally retarded to begin with, world was completely different.

Desiderius

Patron
Projecting current morality on history even 100 years ago is totally retarded to begin with, world was completely different.

It's done to distract from what is happening now, which is in many ways worse, largely due to current (de-)morality.

"I role play Evil because that's the only effective way to rule your kingdom and also I enjoy it, also the church is evil because adoption so I've abandoned the faith of my ancestors because I hate evil and also because degenerate Americans on TV told me to" is a helluva take.

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
"I role play Evil because that's the only effective way to rule your kingdom and also I enjoy it, also the church is evil because adoption so I've abandoned the faith of my ancestors because I hate evil and also because degenerate Americans on TV told me to" is a helluva take.
’Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
All mimsy were the borogoves,
And the mome raths outgrabe.

Trashos

Arcane
Shadenuat, it depends on the perspective. If you want to investigate what cultures and political systems are built to last, you do not have much choice. The same goes for when you want to research how culture changes when a successful system is about to collapse (wink-wink).

Desiderius, can you do that for lvls 1-3? That's the question!
(I do not remember if AC 54 is enough at Pitax, btw, and Amiri does not have mirror image for the random hits. There is a belt with some mirror images, but it takes up the belt spot. By Pitax, I would definitely prefer to use Reggie as an off-tank).

Desiderius

Patron
Shadenuat, it depends on the perspective. If you want to investigate what cultures and political systems are built to last, you do not have much choice. The same goes for when you want to research how culture changes when a successful system is about to collapse (wink-wink).

Desiderius, can you do that for lvls 1-3? That's the question!
(I do not remember if AC 54 is enough at Pitax, btw, and Amiri does not have mirror image for the random hits. There is a belt with some mirror images, but it takes up the belt spot. By Pitax, I would definitely prefer to use Reggie as an off-tank).

Talwyn’s Armor prevents crits. She was fine.

Yeah, you start her with Freebooter’s Bane to start combat and she’s fine. Tank with Val and a pet, or just start on Challenging and tick it up gradually like a sane person.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
all u gotta do is dimension door back out to the entrance n just gas the whole place

Trashos

Arcane
What's the bigger coping mechanic:
- Summons and pets
- Stinking Cloud + Delay Poison

Trashos, what say ye

Well, I don't use the clouds at all (exactly because the AI cannot handle them), whereas I use Okbo, so...

Let's just say that I am a merciful King, and I am willing to show mercy to any sinners that limit themselves to just one pet. Clouds are unforgivable (unless the AI has changed).

I specced Harry into a monster tactician right before that barbarians vs brevoy battle. Level 12. I started summoning axiomites and bralanis who followed me for the next next ten minutes firing lightning bolts that would hit my whole party and murked all the brevoy allies lol.

I went from laughing to worrying about a TTK when jub got death by lawful outsider electrocution

Last edited:

Trashos

Arcane
smaug, the solution I have found for myself is
Cast a Haste and run back to the entrance to tank properly. Their ranged attackers are still a major problem, so *my* ranged attackers need to be able to outperform them.

I do not remember whether I can cast a Haste from before the dialogue or whether I cast it with my highest Initiative caster as soon as combat starts.

smaug

Secular Koranism with Israeli Characteristics
Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
smaug, the solution I have found for myself is
Cast a Haste and run back to the entrance to tank properly. Their ranged attackers are still a major problem, so *my* ranged attackers need to be able to outperform them.

I do not remember whether I can cast a Haste from before the dialogue or whether I cast it with my highest Initiative caster as soon as combat starts.
I got slaughtered the first time then pre-buffed and prayed Nok-Nok and Water elementals would cleave their way through everyone.

Ekun gets all the love/hate on the normie forums but Nok Nok and Jubs are beasts. Jubs wrecking bosses on hard with a single volley of bombs. Nok Nok pops off opportunist attacks of like 80 damage all the time and I don't even understand what's happening but things are exploding into a rain of chunks.

I laughed when in VTomb:
Raven asks you who is the most worthless member of your party and one of your options is "Nok-nok. Easily."

Weird that people deny themselves legitimate spells and strategies. Stinking Cloud isn't like Imprisonment from BG2 where nearly nothing could defend against it. Fortitude Save or vomit for a round. Lots of things in this game have very high fortitude saves, least of which is a war camp full of mid-level raging barbarians. This encounter is not particularly hard even without it. Despite many other CCs being gimped by allowing a save every round, there is still a wealth of options. Cloak of Dreams, Archons's Aura, Mind-Fog and it's a veritable Heaven's Gate part deux. Ever bother using the coup de gras ability? Protection from Arrows alone is going to give you enough breathing room to ignore half of the opponents.

Üstad

Arcane
Is there a reason to choose sage sorcerer over regular sorcerer with arcane bloodlin other than wanting an int based class?

Also are class mods any good? Or they are unbalanced buggy trash?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom