Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Prodeus - retro FPS by ex-Raven devs

soulburner

Cipher
Got tired of it after 30 minutes. Don't know what to think yet. Will try again tomorrow...

Curratum

HUD and gore levels are customizable.

I specifically asked because the blood was way too much for me.

Retardo

Learned
Is the level design really traditional or is it Doom 2016 style?
Its definitely more complex than nuDoom.
More like brutal doom, and q1, and some weird old "grimdark" shit from that time period - it somehow reminds of sega's doom troopers or mortal kombat in terms of sheer gore.
So far its good.

:d1p:

Last edited:

Curratum

Euch, got invited in the beta. This is nowhere near as good as it loos on video.

Movement, aiming and shooting feel poor. :(

PrettyDeadman

Can you disable that abomination of a hud?
You can switch between retarded hud (default) and minified hood, change hud size, disable it altogether. You can also hide weapons.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
I remembered I had access to the beta and I gave this a spin. Finished the first out of the two included levels, and I'm liking this quite a bit so far. It's just an honest to God shooper with no gimmicks or arena bullshit, which is exactly what I wanted from it. Movement is very smooth, guns are decently satisfying despite being somewhat generic (must be the gore overload), enemies serve their purpose. One thing that bothered me at first was that there's reloading, which I hate as a principle, but on the plus side, switching guns is so fast (and you can switch during the reload anim) that it isn't really much of a problem when you run out in the middle of a shootout.

Curratum

I just realized what's wrong with the game. It's a console game. It's literally a Switch game. Look at the size of your crosshairs for every weapon. And yes, I'm not joking, it's releasing on the Switch.

It just throws a ton of gore on your screen to make things look exciting but it's actually a pretty sluggish console shooter.

Citizen

I just realized what's wrong with the game. It's a console game. It's literally a Switch game. Look at the size of your crosshairs for every weapon. And yes, I'm not joking, it's releasing on the Switch.

It just throws a ton of gore on your screen to make things look exciting but it's actually a pretty sluggish console shooter.

Console shooters don't have to be bad tho, I'm plalying halo: ce now and it wipes the floor with most modern PC releases despite being a 2001 xbox game. It does have huge crosshairs tho, which is funny considered most weapons are pretty accurate and their spread pattern is much smaller than the size of the crosshair

geno

Savant
I played the demo and there is something that is bugging me: When you die you have to option to respawn instead of reload and it only affects the final score. It's cheating, but is that or reload the level from the beggining. I don't know how this will change in the final game but right now it's a noticeable fault for me.
I don't think it's a good idea to reload the weapons. For the sake of comparison, Wrath has better combat and gunplay.
I don't like how they try so hard to make a mess with the graphics. I tried to have a clean image quality but they think you need to see pixels, dosen't matter which is your resolution.
This said, I don't think it's a bad game.

Curratum

Console shooters don't have to be bad tho, I'm plalying halo: ce now and it wipes the floor with most modern PC releases despite being a 2001 xbox game. It does have huge crosshairs tho, which is funny considered most weapons are pretty accurate and their spread pattern is much smaller than the size of the crosshair

The only thing any Halo game can wipe is my ass.

passerby

Arcane
It does have huge crosshairs tho, which is funny considered most weapons are pretty accurate and their spread pattern is much smaller than the size of the crosshair

I guess it had aim assist on consoles, so if you had it within this huge crosshair you were hitting.

geno

Savant
I noticed a big problem with enemies: sometimes they blend with the map and you can't see them clearly. And then they hide before some effects like smoke and gore. And also sometimes it's hard to tell what type of enemy you are sseing. It's weird how some professional devs didn't fix this or even have this problem in the first place.

Tried the demo of it. S'ok. I'd rate it noticeably lower than Dusk and Amid Evil as far as peers go, and say Doom Eternal still shits all over it. Visually it's really impressive, I like the sprites quite a lot and the way they handle the gore is fun. Enemies felt like they were lifting from Doom which isn't bad in itself, but the AI felt less aggressive and/or slower. A shotgun zombie in Prodeus seemed less prone to firing at long range (Doing shit damage, but still hitscan chip damage) and slower on the draw than a Doom shotgunner, for example. Worst of all was the level design though, the included maps really did nothing for me. Secrets didn't feel cool, combats didn't feel that special, nothing really stuck in mind as memorable. Admittedly I was only playing on hard rather than harder, but not doing too much for me for a throwback shooter. If the toolset's all there when they release the game though it could turn around if people get involved with community mapping, and since it's an early demo they could end up tightening up the enemies, but the level design and enemies squashed a good bit of my interest.

Black Plague

Arbiter
New Date - November 9th! ONE DAY EARLIER!

Unplug the champagne!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom