Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wizardry Wizardry Empires 1 - Ikoshie no Oujo ENGLISH Translation Project

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
MrRichard999

So i went and did something smart. I went through every single "operator in the .exe (there are in total 27 that I found; there are probably many more) and even if it was OBVIOUS they had nothing to do with determining the battle_text i still went ahead and renamed each one to something unique: (remember that these are Kanji characters that I'm talking about) I named them from 1/ ~ 9/ and then a/ ~ v/ thereby keeping intact the same byte-allocation and spacing and proving for the 20th time to myself that they can be re-written as literally ANYTHING and that it is only their hexadecimal value/code that marks where those operators are and interjects them into the game text. tl;dr the fact that the oprators are Kanji is meaningless and in fact for a long while I replaced them all with ascii value 81 10 which are cute round dots... (the BATTLE_TEXT looks like how you see it because i also marked every single description so i could know which one was used and where it began and where it ended EXACTLY)

Screenshot%202016-04-02%2020.23.142_zpsnxm5e1cu.png~original
Screenshot%202016-04-02%2020.23.363_zpsrgpgej2q.png~original
Screenshot%202016-04-02%2020.23.49_zpsqjg91tr1.png~original
Screenshot%202016-04-02%2020.24.05_zpslm0tnm6p.png~original
Screenshot%202016-04-02%2020.22.444_zpsc7mysviy.png~original
Screenshot%202016-04-02%2020.22.56_zpso1eogsih.png~original

neat huh? it gets better. they're not actually restricted two space at all despite the fact i've been telling you they are in every post :D I was experimenting and if you take "v/" and change it to "PISSES ALL OVER THE FUCKING FACE OF" and CLOSE IT OFF AND DELETE THE OTHER OPERATORS AFTER IT (the kanjis overlap so for example something else might trigger on the operator "OV" because it just so happens the OV(er) was typed in the space reserved for i dunno 3/ or whatever)-- but if you use breakers like 0A and 2C and isolate it then the game will actually display it no problem! so v/ could theoretically always be the player pissing in the fucking face of a green slime :kingcomrade:

so as you see there are many ways to have fun with this! and who knows what i haven't discovered as well because check out this curveball it threw me:
Screenshot%202016-04-02%2020.22.382_zpsjhikubnt.png~original

.........YEP. MMM HMMM. Seriously tho, i have thought hard about this and I can tell it's almost certainly not a misplaced BATTLE_TEXT trigger i've gone over each one recently and they are all placed EXACTLY in the same bytes andeven of the same LENGTH (or less) than the japanese text. i mean it could be, but i doubt it.

I THINK it's actually something i haven't translated. I don't know what or where it could be or why but yeah, i think so. Would have to experiment playing with the original jap exe of the game but honestly fuck that i got shit to not do.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
WIZ-EMPIRE-1 USES THIS ORDER WHEN PARTY IS ATTACKING IN MELEE:
[PARTY MEMBER] v/ -> [NAME OF ENEMY] -> 3/ -> [NAME OF WEAPON CURRENTLY EQUIPPED] -> 1/ =BATTLE_TEXT

WIZ-EMPIRE-1 USES THIS ORDER WHEN THE ENEMY ATTACKS YOU BACK:

[ENEMY CREATURE] v/ -> [NAME OF ITS TARGET] ->3/(or)2/ =BATTLE_TEXT

So keeping that in mind one could re-write v/, 3/2/ and 1/ to literally context-free and write them SPECIFICALLY in a narrative of contrivance and isolate those operators and spacebar/delete the ones in their way. however lord knows what those others one get used for. it's still doable if you keep it very short, for example:

[party_member] "targets" = v/ [enemy_creature] "and with" = 3/
HAND AXE "in hand" = 1/ "he lunges wildly!" = BATTLE_TEXT triggered by 1/

Last edited:

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
https://firedrop.com/1a71bb3c6d31c153

that is an AutoHotkey script i made for this game that remaps arrow keys to WASD, cancel to "C" (because it also brings up the CAMP menu as well); map button is remapped to TAB and the utility menu (where you unlock doors, search for secrets, options, etc) is mapped to "F".

can't even remember what the default button for utility menu is, sorry.

oh yeah space bar makes your status screen first change into an EO-like anime row of portraits (although they are much, much better) and a second tap of space bar closes all party info and leaves only main viewport.

i also have very similar AutoHotkey scripts i made for Generation XTH for Windows PC, if anyone wants it. And for Wiz-Empire 2 of course, which if you haven't played yet by god fuck what i'm linking you right now and go download that shit instead. you're missing out!

wiz-empire 2: https://firedrop.com/e362b9a95a05adf0

Any chance you upload the AutoKey script for Gen Xth and Wiz Emp2

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
Thanks, really appreciate it (also all the good work translating those J-Wizardrys)

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
btw, MrRichard999

i know you have some of the creature types and afflictions/properties untranslated in wiz-empire-2 and i understand you, man, it took me days and days to figure out that "Take a Bath" meant that the monster had access to FUCKING SUMMONER SPELLS (as an example). so because i feel your pain:

Screenshot%202016-04-11%2014.08.15_zpsr9lz6qqh.png~original

ALL
戦歴
モンスタ
アイテム
称号....~
.アイテム名
DMG - 射程 - AP - 攻撃回数 - AC - 持手 - THAC
価格 G - 装備.... - 種族.... - 職業.... - 性格.... - 性別.... - HP.... - 追加効果.... - 使用効果
特殊効果....S..M..L
主..補..両..全.. - ヒ..エ..ド..ノ..ホ..妖..獣..竜..半
魔..戦..魔..僧..盗.. - 司..弓..侍..修..神..君..召..女..忍..狂..全..善..中..悪..男..女
+..-..±../..:
モンスタ名.. - 不確定名.... - 経験値..お金.... - レベル.. - 特殊攻撃.... - 弱点
魔..僧..錬..超..恐..睡..混..毒..麻..石.仲..逃..首
ブ..Lド....歳ド....呪ド....火..雷..水..土..聖..魔..無..毒..麻..封..首..人攻
生攻....死攻....精攻....魔攻....竜攻....霊攻....呪防....特防....首..毒..麻..封

means...

ALL
Class
Monster Name (Used in the Bestiary)
Item (Used in the Item Archives)
Title (Your "Title"; one of many which can be earned. I personally chose to use the translation "Rank")
~ (The tilde that appears in any screen denoting weapon damage ranges)
Item name (Used in the Item archives)
DMG - Range - AP* (read below) - Number of Weapon Attacks - AC - "USES" Primary/Sub/2H/Aux* (read below) - THAC
Price G - Equipped (Who can use it) - Race - Class - Alignment - Sex/Gender - HP Regeneration - Status Affliction "on-hit" - When item is USED - Special property (class changing; etc)
Short - Medium - Long (the range)
Primary - Sub - 2H - Auxillary (any)
WIZ* (Read below) .. Fighter .. Mage .. Priest .. Thief .. Bishop .. Ranger .. Samurai .. MONK .. VALKYRIE .. Lord. .. Summoner .. KUNOICHI.. Ninja .. Berzerker .. ALL (this means it can be used/equipped by any class)l
good .. middle .. evil .. man .. woman

+ - ± / WEAK
(...yeah, that is the original shit the japs used. it denotes whether the weapon is + or - on an affliction/enemy type, as seen in the picture above, or if it is neutral)
Monster name .. - Unknown monster name description .... - EXP that the monster gives .. GP it gives .... Monster LEVEL .. - Spells/afflictions the monster can cause on-hit or cast.

Can use mage spells .. Can use priest spell .. Can use Alchemy spell .. Psionic spell casting .. Fear (on-hit) .. Sleep (on-hit) .. Confusion (on-hit) .. POISON (on-hit) .. SILENCE (Montino spell; i actually have to fix this one myself hehe) .. PETRIFY. CHARM .. Monster has a special "ESCAPE" ability (like thieves...) .. CAN BEHEAD ON HIT - Can use a BREATH ATTACK .... Can LVL DRAIN .... Can age you - Can curse you
fire .. thunder .. water .. EARTH .. Holy .. Non-Attribute (like alchemy spells; i have to fix this one myself too) .. Physical attacks.. poison .. Silence .. "Magical/sealing" weapons. . Extra-vulnerable to BEHEADING! ..

Human Organisms - Beast/creature type - Undead - Elemental/spiritt types (not ghosts) - Devils/demons - Dragon - GHOSTS - Fear - "All 100%" (means the monster is 100% vulnerable or it is invulnerable i.e. 0%f) - BE-FUCKING-HEADING. . poison .. Silence .. "Magical sealing" weapons, such as arrows of sealing or the like.

AP* = this is really the weapons ACCURACY modifier. Unlike the thaco, you want a high number here. Low THAC, high AP. However I couldn't find an acceptable way to translate that AP into something that would make sense, since THACO is already for most ppl the "accuracy"... so instead of complicating things i just left it as AP.

GITE* = The weapon-hand usage. I chose to utilize the word "USES" in the info-box for weaponry, as going with "USED" would make it seem like an item, and I didn't want to use HAND because the hands are always used regardless of how many or which.

Wiz* = the wiz-empire 1, 2, and 3 super secret super class you can only get by unlocking all of the title ranks. the Wizard is basically a Bishop with Priest martial progression and can also summon.

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
http://frd.li/d4b8ba12388aec01771dfac215c9c3dc

Link to my last-updated English Translation of Wizardry Empire 1: The Ancient Princess FOR WINDOWS PC, i repeat: link is for a roughly 60% complete English Translation of the WINDOWS PC port of WIZ EMPIRE 1 iso.

Things that are fully in english:

- ALL GAME ITEMS (Weapons/armor pieces/etc). THIS IS VERY, VERY IMPORTANT!

- ALL Magic spells are in english and follow traditional Wizardry 1-5 naming conventions.

- All (ok, around 90%) of ENEMIES' names and information (yes, the BESTIARY stuff) is in English.

- Around 80% of the game's entire Item AND Enemy encyclopedia/bestiary information is in English. THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT! In english language but incredibly rough, as the following was done BEFORE I received a fully Jap-to-English translation of the game's NPC Dialog and Conversation Script (which I'm currently implementing):

- Around 70% of the NPC dialog/conversations, and more importantly for actual dungeon diving, all of the first 4 floors of the 1st dungeon's: Signposts, Wall Plaques and other misc. text meant to guide the player in ENGLISH.

- TL;DR around 50-60% of the total japanese-language text IN THE FIRST DUNGEON (which is HUGE and is as long, or longer, than say the entirety of Wizardry 1's dungeon levels put together) are in English, be it the dungeon NPCs found in each level's dialog (very rough, pre-translated script from pro-translator which I'm working with now), the "event text" such as sign posts, plaques, and other misc., and...

- Very, very rough translations using my (EXTREMELY LIMITED AND PROBABLY COMPLETELY EMBARRASSING anime-knowledge level of Jap language) of the NPC Dialog INSIDE THE TOWN, i.e. NOT the dungeon NPCs:

- Speaking specifically about the initial "greeting" dialog texts thrown at you from the Town shops, the temple, etc, don't expect much beyond translated greetings BUT I did fully translate the game's ITEM TRADING SYSTEM dialog nodes so you can fully engage in Wiz Empire's awesome "Item Trading Gambling Game" found inside the Adventurer's Tavern in WizEmp1... careful or you might lose a good item if you get crazy "gambling" items trying to score unique!

- Qwinn

Guys, I've humbly asked Richard to take over this project for me as my life stuff (moving to US in February due to Hurrican Maria without any hyperbole whatsoever having completely set back Puerto Rico for at least 15 years)... so... well, TL;DR this shit might actually get finished someday now if he actually decided to take!

Wee!

demilich

Novice
Guys, is this project still kicking? Waiting for the translation all these years :)

mindfields

Learned
Sorry it is taking so long, This one and Power Dolls 3 are a pain in the ass to work on due to lack of compatibility in Windows 10.... Doing the best I can :P
What a shame, so those of us who use Win10 will need to play it on a Win7 computer or something?

MrRichard999

Game re-worker!
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
Good news, this now can be played on Windows 10 thanks to DxWND! I posted the forum topic link on the first post for those who are interested. Also will be resuming this and getting all the dialogue working properly!

Last edited:

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
Good news, this now can be played on Windows 10 thanks to DxWND! I posted the forum topic link on the first post for those who are interested. Also will be resuming this and getting all the dialogue working properly!

Great news

:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom