Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Ryu Ga Gotoku Studio (Yakuza, Judgment, Binary Domain + more!) Discussion Thread

Misco Jones

Savant

Xbox Series X gameplay (minute 57:23):

EjZ6CPoXcAEYMB_

Last edited:

Machocruz

Arcane
Do you think my laptop can run Yakuza 0 if it can run Witcher 3? Can I Run It says I shouldn't be able to run either but it runs W3 well enough on above medium settings

Jinn

Arcane
Do you think my laptop can run Yakuza 0 if it can run Witcher 3? Can I Run It says I shouldn't be able to run either but it runs W3 well enough on above medium settings

You can always buy it just to test it out and refund it within 2 hours if it's not working out for you (on steam). Seems like you shouldn't have a problem though.

Machocruz

Arcane
I wouldn't be surprised if cyberpunk turns out to be all hype like W3. Meanwhile I played the original Yak on PS2 and loved it, and apparently the series has only gotten better, so...

If you can run W3 at max, you should be fine. IIRC, SSAO above the lowest or second lowest setting doesn’t really do much for quality except kill your frame rate really fast. Everything else you should be able to jack up without problems.

TheImplodingVoice

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck

Yeah, it's a PS3 game and uses the old engine, not the one from 6...
Kiwami 2 also uses the Dragon Engine. The jump from 0 and Kiwami 1 graphically to Kiwami 2 was huge. You play Fist Of The North Star yet? Pissed it doesn't have a PC release, so I had to get it on PlayStation 4. It's pretty good as well. Pity it also uses the old Yakuza engine

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth

Kiwami 2 also uses the Dragon Engine. The jump from 0 and Kiwami 1 graphically to Kiwami 2 was huge. You play Fist Of The North Star yet? Pissed it doesn't have a PC release, so I had to get it on PlayStation 4. It's pretty good as well. Pity it also uses the old Yakuza engine

Nah I don't own a SoyStation 4

TheImplodingVoice

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck

Fist Of The North Star was still good. Hopefully eventually it makes it's way to PC as well. Just glad Yakuza 7 is releasing on PC. No need to get it on PS4 and I'm not planning on buying a PS5 or Xbox Series X.

Yeah, it’s the only way to play some of the games though. Sucks cuz the PC ports are great and I’d buy them all again if they bridge the rest of the gap between Kiwami 2 and Y7.

TheImplodingVoice

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck

Yeah, it’s the only way to play some of the games though. Sucks cuz the PC ports are great and I’d buy them all again if they bridge the rest of the gap between Kiwami 2 and Y7.
Pretty much the only reason I have consoles is that a lot of games I have do not have PC releases. And I sometimes don't want to wait for the PC release. Nioh 2 comes to mind and Final Fantasy 7 Remake. But more and more Japanese games are making it to PC on Day 1.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Stolen from the Steam thread, courtesy of LESS T_T

Celebrating 60 years anniversary, SEGA releases four prototypes and minigames on Steam. They will be time-limited until October 19th though.
Streets Of Kamurocho, a 2D beat'em up take on Yakuza series:

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
Stolen from the Steam thread, courtesy of LESS T_T

Celebrating 60 years anniversary, SEGA releases four prototypes and minigames on Steam. They will be time-limited until October 19th though.
Streets Of Kamurocho, a 2D beat'em up take on Yakuza series:

Played it a bit,it's basically a streets of rage clone/reskin ,there seems to be only one level that you replay again and again. Nishiki is the boss and you can choose between Kiryu and Majima at first,but you unlock the new guy from 7,too although all three seem to play the same

Terra

Cipher
Aye, Streets was a fun distraction for 15-20 minutes, if they reskinned the whole game I'd give it a run through, sure. Alright for a little freebie.

Looks like they modeled a section of the city by Yokohama Bay, renaming Kannai to Jinnai. The stadium is conspicuously absent though.

It’s a big map! Probably too big. It’s kind of empty and soulless compared to Kamurocho. It’s kind of surreal these days to walk around in a coofless Yokohama and no mask rules.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom