Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

BarbequeMasta

Learned
TIL baldur's Gate is third person.
Isometric is effectively 3rd person. Or at least that’s about the amount of effort I really care to put into defining the camera in this game.

I can’t say it’s isometric or even top down because the camera isn’t fixed.

It *can* be isometric then?

Split hairs like a faggot more why don’t you? :roll:
3rd person is as close to isometric as this DOS clone is close to Baldur's gate. But cucks like you will continue to suck off Larian anyway

a cut of domestic sheep prime

Isometric is effectively 3rd person. Or at least that’s about the amount of effort I really care to put into defining the camera in this game.

3rd person is as close to isometric as this DOS clone is close to Baldur's gate. But cucks like you will continue to suck off Larian anyway
Is the game a first person shooter? No? Then shut up. That’s my only point.

Cry more about the camera not being locked into one position as if that makes any meaningful difference, you try hard.

I have written actual criticism about the game, but I was specifically asked for things it has in common with the original games, so I gave them.

Be less of a salty cunt.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Have they said anything about the gameworld? This early access is typical original sin shit of tutorial island but afterwards will it be one big open world, a series of chapter maps like original sin or an overland map with locations you can visit like Baldurs gate 2?

BarbequeMasta

Learned

Is the game a first person shooter? No? Then shut up. That’s my only point.

Cry more about the camera not being locked into one position as if that makes any meaningful difference, you try hard.

I have written actual criticism about the game, but I was specifically asked for things it has in common with the original games, so I gave them.

Be less of a salty cunt.
Forgive guess I should happy we got so many Baldur's Gate sequels such as super mario galaxy and DMC5, truly no reason to get upset.

Your bar for calling something BG is so low, its impossible to take you seriously. and yet you refuse to admit how much of a DOS clone the game is, therefor such hypocisy can only mean that you're horny Larian fangirl.

Swen

Scholar
Shitposter
Old school BGtards: "Bu..buh why is game from 2020 not the same as game from the 90's, I..it's not real Baldur's gate!!!"

tenor.gif

Goys, how much GloboHomoPedo™ Propoganda is stuffed down our throats in the early access?

How is the encounter design, char progression and stuffies? Cause I expect story and writing to be shit with nuLarian...

Self-Ejected

underground nymph

I care not!
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Except some minor issues, it’s fucking brilliant. Worth every damn buck.

Yeah I must say this huge first location feels a bit claustrophobic and overstuffed with points of interest. But the level design is top notch, verticality, mood it gives. Hell I knew it’s gonna be awesome.

Auntie storyline is a heluva ride

BarbequeMasta

Learned
Forgive guess I should happy we got so many Baldur's Gate sequels such as super mario galaxy and DMC5, truly no reason to get upset.
So it’s Super Mario now because you can move the camera?

Lol, kill yourself.
With how superficial the similarities to BG you listed are, might as well be. I even explained in the second parapragh but you're such a dumb jew, you cant even read.

Xamenos

Magister
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
The fact that it’s D&D.
So is Neverwinter Nights and Icewind Dale. Are they Baldur's Gate games too?

The fact that it’s set in and around Baldur’s Gate in the Forgotten Realms, in Faerun.
Baldur's Gate 2 and Throne of Bhaal were not set around the city. Were they not Baldur's Gate games?

That you have a party and you get to chose who is/isn’t in it.
Every single party-based game allows you to do that. Are they Baldur's Gate games too?

That it’s 3rd person.
lol

Having some weird thing inside you that’s trying to transform you into something for someone else’s purposes, yet it also gives you special powers for the time being.
You succesfully described Mask of the Betrayer, but NOT Baldur's Gate.

That it has romances and party interactions.
And so have litterally dozens of other RPGs, including every single game Bioware made. Are they all Baldur's Gate games too?

Care to explain what you’re butthurt about rather than ask passive aggressive questions? Are you even playing it?
My problem is with Larian fanboys like you presenting the game as something it's not, ie related to Baldur's Gate in any way. ESPECIALLY when you then go around and say shit like:

If you wanted it to be a direct sequel to BG, there was never any chance of that, since 5e was mandatory and 5e is set over a hundred years after the events of BG.

Now, it may actually be a good game (low chance, but I'm feeling charitable today). But it's certainly not a Baldur's Gate game, and you're deluded if you actually think otherwise.

Lilliput McHammersmith

So it’s Super Mario now because you can move the camera?

Lol, kill yourself.
With hos superficial the similarities to BG you listed are, might as well be. I even explained in the second parapragh but you're such a dumb jew, you cant even read.
Have you even played it? You are supremely upset that this game came out for some reason.

Honestly, it's pretty cool so far. It is clearly the Divinity engine, but they fixed the biggest issue that the Divinity games had, which is a poor ruleset.

Anybody who expected this to be an actual sequel to BG2 is retarded.

Goys, how much GloboHomoPedo™ Propoganda is stuffed down our throats in the early access?

How is the encounter design, char progression and stuffies? Cause I expect story and writing to be shit with nuLarian...
Story is decent, writing is decent.

Woke shit tally:

Nigs are the default option for humans.

Men can pick female voices and women can pick male voices at char creation.

There is an orange-haired elf Druid that wants to put black kids in cages and deport (or kill) refugees.

Really not too bad so far though, considering.

Sergiu64

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Now, it may actually be a good game (low chance, but I'm feeling charitable today). But it's certainly not a Baldur's Gate game, and you're deluded if you actually think otherwise.

Well, what would make it a Baldur's Gate game? We need to have some kind of identifiable goalposts to know if the game scored or not.

BarbequeMasta

Learned
And that's exactly what the cuck you're defending claims, and what am argueing against, that it's a BG sequel. The game can be bad, good(unlikely with larian) i dunno, but it's not Baldur's Gate. all you're doing is agreeing with me.

Lilliput McHammersmith

And that's exactly what the cuck you're defending claims, and what am argueing against. The game can be bad, good(unlikely with larian) i dunno, but it's not Baldur's Gate. all you're doing is agreeing with me.

But you're over here throwing a huge pissy fit that it's not a direct sequel to BG2....

Why would you have expected it to be?

Did you play Throne of Bhaal?

Do you really want a follow up to that?

jaelkeiset

Educated
Loving it so far; also love the amount of whining that is around. E.g. there was this guy demanding not to lose because of bad RNG god decisions. Because he's paid good money - not for wasting time on losing! ROTFL.
Also, those 3rd world internet and algorithm n00bs instantly doubt the implementation of the RNG algo. People who think a loop is something you commit suicide with.

As for all this race/SJW etc. shite wave flooding from the US to Europe: If I was Larian I'd randomize the initial body attributes in the character creation per session.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
And that's exactly what the cuck you're defending claims, and what am argueing against. The game can be bad, good(unlikely with larian) i dunno, but it's not Baldur's Gate. all you're doing is agreeing with me.
This is the easiest claim to discredit. It even says int he title: Baldur's Gate 3. Duhh....

Swen

Scholar
Shitposter

Well, what would make it a Baldur's Gate game? We need to have some kind of identifiable goalposts to know if the game scored or not.
This, the retards seem to want an infinity engine game in 2020, da fck did they expect?

Or maybe they're still mad it's not RTWP trash?

Xamenos

Magister
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath

Absolutely nothing. There can be no goalposts, like you fanboys claim. There is no way to make a true sequel. Even if you resurrected Black Isle and put every single original member back, they still wouldn't be able to do it. It's just a marketing gimmick, almost certainly imposed by Wizards and it's unbelievable there are so many people who fell for it and want to defend this shit.

So is Neverwinter Nights and Icewind Dale. Are they Baldur's Gate games too?
Sure. :M

Baldur's Gate 2 and Throne of Bhaal were not set around the city. Were they not Baldur's Gate games?
Guess not. What a reasonable point. 1000 IQ shit right there.
You succesfully described Mask of the Betrayer, but NOT Baldur's Gate.
Cool. MotB was better than Baldur’s Gate. :M
And so have litterally dozens of other RPGs, including every single game Bioware made. Are they all Baldur's Gate games too?
Yes.
My problem is with Larian fanboys like you
Did I mention that I don’t like most Larian games? Yes, I did. Can it penetrate the thick skull of permanently assmad autists on the internet? No, it clearly cannot.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom