Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
And afaik, they have 7 writers. I have called them the 7-man cuck-squad before and they even acknowledged that (and were very proud of the name) on Twitter.
Holy fuck you were not lying:

Yes, I wasn't lying ;p

This means they are committing horrible stuff as I did when I did game development. Reading forums and not doing work.

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
I assume all companions will have their own quest lines, yes. I don't think 12 seems like that far-fetched a number though I guess it is possible that there might only be around 8. Either way my point is I heavily doubt that the 5 companions currently available will be the only ones in the final release.
D:OS2 has 6, soooo.

D:OS2 companions really are structured like 4+2, the core team was supposed to be 1 lizard, 1 dwarf, 1 human, 1 elf - like on the mask, and they are similarly tied to the plot. The Bard and the Eternal seem like DLC characters, each with their own gimmick, and each with extra information and tied differently to the plot.
This looks like it might be 6+2, with 6 core characters, and two extra "gimmick" characters later? If you are an optimist, anyways.

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
And afaik, they have 7 writers. I have called them the 7-man cuck-squad before and they even acknowledged that (and were very proud of the name) on Twitter.

Yes, I wasn't lying ;p

This means they are committing horrible stuff as I did when I did game development. Reading forums and not doing work.

The fact that they aren't spending their entire work days just working only proves they aren't really cucks. Imagine actually legitimately unironically truly for real working eight hours in a single day LMAO

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
I assume all companions will have their own quest lines, yes. I don't think 12 seems like that far-fetched a number though I guess it is possible that there might only be around 8. Either way my point is I heavily doubt that the 5 companions currently available will be the only ones in the final release.

D:OS2 companions really are structured like 4+2, the core team was supposed to be 1 lizard, 1 dwarf, 1 human, 1 elf - like on the mask, and they are similarly tied to the plot. The Bard and the Eternal seem like DLC characters, each with their own gimmick, and each with extra information and tied differently to the plot.
This looks like it might be 6+2, with 6 core characters, and two extra "gimmick" characters later? If you are an optimist, anyways.
D:OS2 is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH better when you use mod that allows 6 characters in the party.

Shrimp

Arbiter
Also for what it's worth that tweet is closing in 3 years of age and was posted a handful of months after DOS2's release which apparently was in September 2017.
I doubt they'd even acquired the BG3 license back then, but if DOS2's writing team had 7 members then I really don't see why the thought of them having hired additional writers using the combined budgets from WOTC's funding+DOS2's profit.

Vatnik Wumao

Yes, I wasn't lying ;p

The fact that they aren't spending their entire work days just working only proves they aren't really cucks. Imagine actually legitimately unironically truly for real working eight hours in a single day LMAO

Some slaves do love their chains. :M

Bohrain

Liturgist
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Original Sin 2 had 6 party members right? But that game didn't really have classes so the party balance kinda warrants more for BG3. It's a fully voice acted game though, so I doubt they'll write 12 origin stories. Rather than all classes I'd expect them to cover all races, so we'd be lacking a drow, tiefling, dwarf and a halfling.

vortex

Fabulous Optimist
Sex'n'romance kills the mood in a fantasy cRPG. It should be eradicated because boils down the atmosphere. Soft simping is allowed, though. Larian and Obsidian writers don't know that obviously.

Shrimp

Arbiter

D:OS2 is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH better when you use mod that allows 6 characters in the party.
6 man party size will probably be one of the first mods that gets made (outside of the usual move speed increases, weight limit removals etc that tend to get made within minutes)
Limiting you to 4 characters restricts you far too much and I imagine a large amount of people will end up just running the same cookie cutter party compositions just because they have to cover a select few basics.
It sucks that Larian is insistent on bringing co-op into the picture because that's probably why they aren't willing to go beyond a party size of 4 characters.

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
Sex'n'romance kills the mood in a fantasy cRPG. It should be eradicated because boils down the atmosphere. Soft simping is allowed, though. Larain and Obsidian writers don't know that obviously.
They should stick to the Chris Avellone school of romance: make a red haired cocktease that always implies it, and never does it.

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
upload_2020-10-8_23-28-39.png

these portraits look like they're police mug shots

Robber Baron

Savant
Btw, the game's data directory in Documents folder is almost identical to DoS2 down to savefile extensions, I tried using DoS2 savegame decryptor but sadly it didn't work

Robber Baron

Savant
It sucks that Larian is insistent on bringing co-op into the picture because that's probably why they aren't willing to go beyond a party size of 4 characters.

I played Coop with 6 characters and it worked great, so I don't really know what is the problem that Larian insists on 4 members

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Limiting you to 4 characters restricts you far too much and I imagine a large amount of people will end up just running the same cookie cutter party compositions just because they have to cover a select few basics.
There are almost no "basics" to cover in D&D 5. More appropriately, a lot of classes can cover many different roles. A party of 2 druids and 2 bards is just as viable as the standard fighter/rogue/cleric/wizard combination.

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut

I played Coop with 6 characters and it worked great, so I don't really know what is the problem that Larian insists on 4 members

Local co-op on consoles? Not sure. Games like Counter Strike, World of Warcraft, DOTA2, League of Legends, etc, made it so most organized gaming groups are 5 people. I think the Call of Duty games are at 6 for matches? Limiting it to 4 is inconsiderate. Its an uncommon number, right?

Robber Baron

Savant
Local co-op on consoles? Not sure. Games like Counter Strike, World of Warcraft, DOTA2, League of Legends, etc, made it so most organized gaming groups are 5 people. I think the Call of Duty games are at 6 for matches? Limiting it to 4 is inconsiderate. Its an uncommon number, right?

I meant party of 6 characters each player controlling 3

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik

In 5E they have easy way how to help downed character. With 6 characters, some encounters would be too easy.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom