Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker Builds and Strats Thread

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
No, they fixed it.

Trashos

Arcane
Alternatively you could just play a Magus

I was very happy with my Sword Saint on Hard. The point with EK is that I am trying to upgrade the spellcasting to that of a normal Wizard (minus a lag of 1 level for spells), while sacrificing a bit of the Magus melee ability.

Trashos

Arcane
What do you mean "pointless"? Instead of having a Sword Saint and Octavia in my party, I am going to have Reggie and my EK. Sounds good to me!

Trashos

Arcane
on hard you will need dc feats for your spells to beat mobs saves and do dmg/cc, so you will be hard pressed if you also want melee feats.

Yes, I am fully specializing in one school (Illusion) to alleviate that. I am already planning my party tactics around the fact that the wizard is going to be an Illusionist. It is going to be fun, hope it works!

Trashos

Arcane
What do you mean LP from Ch5? My Octavia always got it by late Chapter 3 (and she is 1 spell level behind a pure wizard).

Hmm, according to my notes Octavia gets Legendary Proportions at lvl14, and by lvl15 I am ready for Pitax. So not technically Ch5, but close to it.

Yes, full wizards can take Legendary Proportions 1 lvl earlier, at lvl13 (a question is who is using full wizards, though). I am assuming that this must still be Ch4. Ch4 is one of the shortest chapters, but the difference between my playthrough and your playthrough is rather big. Do you have the dlc, maybe?

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
Oh, btw , since I was getting "no" ratings on my question about making Octavia EA. I've tested and ranged spell combat does work work with her wizard spells.

Didn't yet level up enough to see if it works with AT spell sneak attacks as well. But if it does, that would be a decent build.

Desiderius

Patron
Better double check that.

Mouse over the attack roll for the spell. If it doesn’t say 1 of x it’s not working.

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
I tried it with wizard's snowball spell and stag lord's bow. You get bow attack with snowball attack and then one normal bow attack. So, same as with meele magus.

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Ranged spell combat works with spells that make ranged touch attack. Snowball is one of them, so as Acid Splash and Rays. If a spell is not a ranged touch attack it will not work with ranged spell combat. The origin of the spell does not matter.

Desiderius

Patron
Ranged spell combat works with spells that make ranged touch attack. Snowball is one of them, so as Acid Splash and Rays. If a spell is not a ranged touch attack it will not work with ranged spell combat. The origin of the spell does not matter.

Arrow of Law did not work, nor did Contagion on EScion. Maybe the problem was MT. Or maybe they fixed it.

Desiderius

Patron
I built EA4/Cleric7/MTx for Tristian to use Vengeance if the Meek in VTomb and Arrow of Law in his EA spell book did not work. Maybe I was just moving so not getting a full attack?

Bestow Curse on Scion4/MT didn’t seem to work either.

I have a stupid Bard build right now that is using 2 levels of EA and the acid cantrip as it's autoattack and it's pretty deece.

Re: finessable weapons, Nok-Nok has been top tier in the midgame on this run with two kukri's. Mother's Care is +2 keen frost kukri, and then a +1 keen Kukri in his offhand. Kind of nice to save the improved critical feat so far.

He doesn't seem to be lacking oomph compared to the other weapons my people are using, but I'm also not metagaming too hard so I think my best weapon right now is a +3 adamantium falcata and a +3 fauchard. We don't have Lion's Claw yet and that will escalate things quite a bit.

Early game, the chaos proccing dagger and the +3 ac dagger are quite nice.

I think there are reasonable finessable weapons to get by on Hard. Also, Nok-Nok is just a fucking beast. Rogues are so good.

I am aware of the Lich and the weapon you can get from the curse of the cloak of souls, but I'm not going to get them yet because I'm savoring in the itemization progression.

A nice thing about the respec mod and a bunch of hard saves in various locations is you can empirically test assumptions really quickly. If you want to see how an Eldritch Knight fares in VTomb, just load up that save, create one, and give it a shot. It's fun for lab rats like me.

Desiderius

Patron
Can confirm Arrow of Law now working with Ranged Spellstrike

TristianSpellstrike.jpg

Story Mode bitchez!

TristianVengeance.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom