Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Darkzone

Arcane
Eh, I'm going to regret this. Personally, as someone who is black I don't give a shit about virtue signalling.
Oh.... i really sorry for your strong Melanin pigmintation. Does it hurt.. is it a permanent condition? Don't worry it is Ok to be black or brown or any color, besides white.
226.jpg
Jokes aside i don't think that anyone would really care about skin color here. More important questions are: TB or RTwP ? Do you like Fallout 3? And what is a RPG? If you fail in this question then you are BLACKlisted.

Self-Ejected

Joseph Stalin

Totally not Auraculum
Eh, I'm going to regret this.

Personally, as someone who is black I don't give a shit about virtue signalling. Often, the people who do it have no idea what they're talking about. I personally believe if someone works hard they can find success. These very same people who say they "care" then tell me to get in my corner and that black people are too poor to work hard, you need more welfare, you're internally racist. It's projection, all the goddamn time. They've never lived in the violent areas or had to deal with family members getting assualted.

These same companies then plaster BLM everywhere while they kill black cops and destroy business' and homes. Its why I like owlcat, they write characters, skin-tone never comes into it. Also they didn't pander to rioters.

I also do warhammer, I'm the only black guy in the store and that's fine. It's pissing me off that outside forces want to change my hobby. And for some reason twitter thinks orcs and drow are black people. As I said projection, every time.

Out with you, spawn of Africa.
Get out.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
I don't like overt PDA... but you should be able to hold hands with your partner in public for example.
Pick one, either you don't like overt PDA or you are OK with the degeneracy of public hand-holding
I draw the line at hand-holding ;d Fingering a broad on a bench on the most crowded lane in a park while french kissing (which I have done) or just having sex with another broad on another bench that wasn't exactly on the most crowded lane but there are other people nearby (which I have also done, oops) is a bit too much for me. Sorry, PDA enthusiasts.

Last edited:

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Well, my mistake was that she wasn't my friend, we went to the same class together in university. More like vague acquaintances? I did know her name, so that's good. I don't do that stuff anymore.

Darkzone

Arcane
Jokes aside i don't think that anyone would really care about skin color here.
Have you been to the darkzone, darkzone?
So wait are you sayin that because he is black he thinks that Fallout 3 is a good RPG? Or that all blacks prefer the cruising RTwP type, before the white and nerdy DnD TB type?

Edgelords are just Edgelords and Codex is their mating and breeding ground.

Delterius

Arcane
Jokes aside i don't think that anyone would really care about skin color here.
Have you been to the darkzone, darkzone?
So wait are you sayin that because he is black he thinks that Fallout 3 is a good RPG? Or that all blacks prefer the cruising RTwP type, before the white and nerdy DnD TB type?

Edgelords are just Edgelords and Codex is their mating and breeding ground.
actually i just wanted to make a mediocre witticism because i crave attention and have no friends

warcrimes666

Educated
Patron
I've upgraded my rating from it sucks, to it may approach merely okay.

As it is, it can never be good with what they have but taken as a natural progression from it's current state, it will be playable without having to scrub too hard in the shower afterwards. The start of the game and your companions are terrible. After that disaster, it becomes more tenable and has moments in exploration. Dialogue is universally poor, written by people whose only life experience is reading harry potter as literature and the story is completely projected from the very beginning. 5e is disgustingly simple and the everyone can do everything, look at me I get a ribbon, is pathetic. It's a bad system. Therefore, combat is a slog, almost entirely popamole and a mixed bag leaning towards a bag full of shit. They need to find the medium for encounters between where it is now and KOTC2. Also, there is basically no reason to have it turn-based at all, there is next to zero strategy other than to use jump. Having it rtwp with pause and rules-based ai similar to pathfinder would have made it a better game.

However, when you reach the Underdark, that brought it together a bit. The Minotaurs jumping into your party made me like that it was there all of a sudden, rather than 5 minutes of jumping around a map to get an apple and 2 pears from a gilded chest. The environment was well done and alot of their goofy shit started to actually fit the scenario. It is a terrible Baldurs Gate without question and its obvious they never had a cohesive plan for the game but I could see it as a good Menzoberanzan and used Drizz't and that whole crowd instead if they had confined the game to the Underdark. They lost the nut on that one, the BG play was pure corporate profit driven propaganda and for that reason alone I can never pay for it.

Also lost on me, why didn't they follow the kingmaker model and use 5e modules as a base instead? I've read one or two, whatever the lower ones are and culminating with Storm Kings Thunder would have been much better than their nonsense story with tadpole every second word, and that would have cemented dlc and actually drawn people back to book sales.

At the end of the day, and I'm not sure if this has been announced, this desperately needs modding tools. The engine itself is alright but it needs real people to make a great game. With open modding, using the assets even for alot of existing modules out there, could be good. I'm thinking specifically of Hearkenwold or some old ad&d stuff on this engine, that would be excellent.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
This game has the most obnoxious standing up animations I've ever witnessed. Grease is a very good spell, balanced by the dread of having to stare at an ogre clumsily stand up for half-an-hour.

pinotto

Literate
Maybe it's me, but that "don't paly as the white guy, play as that monster with big horns" sounds like subtle trolling

Riddler

Arcane
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
Eh, I'm going to regret this.

Personally, as someone who is black I don't give a shit about virtue signalling. Often, the people who do it have no idea what they're talking about. I personally believe if someone works hard they can find success. These very same people who say they "care" then tell me to get in my corner and that black people are too poor to work hard, you need more welfare, you're internally racist. It's projection, all the goddamn time. They've never lived in the violent areas or had to deal with family members getting assualted.

These same companies then plaster BLM everywhere while they kill black cops and destroy business' and homes. Its why I like owlcat, they write characters, skin-tone never comes into it. Also they didn't pander to rioters.

I also do warhammer, I'm the only black guy in the store and that's fine. It's pissing me off that outside forces want to change my hobby. And for some reason twitter thinks orcs and drow are black people. As I said projection, every time.

Post a picture of your username written on your erect dick or I don't believe you.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Maybe it's me, but that "don't paly as the white guy, play as that monster with big horns" sounds like subtle trolling
You can always hit Larian where it actually hurts, and tell them that you don't need exotic races classes horns and tails to make a good character, you just need good writing and personality.

Zayne

Scholar
Thanks! What do you mean by “you get more spells memorised from your main stat” though? Like more spells learned?
You can learn all the spells you find as a Wizard, intelligence governs how many of them you can prepare. However, you only have a limited amount of spell slots (i.e. casts) to use them with. If you have 6 prepared spells, but only 3 spell slots, you can cast a spell 3 times from the prepared spell pool. You can cast a spell 3 times or you can cast different spells each time, or any combination thereof, it's up to you. There is no way to influence spell slots with attributes.

Wait, so 5th edition wizard is essentialy 3rd edition sorcerer?

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Well, if they decided to show us the best stuff they got in terms of quests... wow, just wow. You encounter a wounded tiefling, and she tells you that a group of fanatics is trying to kill her for no reason whatsoever. Then you encounter said fanatics, and they tell you that there is a tiefling running around killing innocent people (the narrator tells you that it might be the one you met before on the shore... thanks, very helpful). You go back to the tiefling and... there's no dialogue option to confront her about what you just discovered. What the fuck. You either kill her without giving her a chance to explain, or kill the fanatics without knowing if they are right or wrong.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom