Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Games like Knights of the Chalice?

nimateb

Augur
Until I can circumvent my country's capital controls to donate to Pierre for KOTC2, does anyone have any suggestions for a combat oriented dungeon crawl? Something on the vein of Geneforge is cool too.

Gregz

Arcane
Until I can circumvent my country's capital controls to donate to Pierre for KOTC2, does anyone have any suggestions for a combat oriented dungeon crawl? Something on the vein of Geneforge is cool too.

Change your title to KoTC 2 please, it's very unlike KoTC 1

moraes

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Temple of Elemental Evil

Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Beneath the Stolen Lands in turn-based combat mode

GoldBox series (if you don't mind blobber exploration)

Helherron

Voidspire Tactics, Alvora Tactics, Horizon's Gate (all by the same dev, with progressively refined systems)

Last edited:

Fowyr

Arcane
Vatnik
> combat oriented dungeon crawl?
> Something on the vein of Geneforge is cool too.
Exile, Exile 2, Exile 3, Nethergate.
Nahlakh, Natuk, Aleshar (it has only one character, though), Aethra Chronicles, Disciples of Steel.

Last edited:

nimateb

Augur
Temple of Elemental Evil

Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Beneath the Stolen Lands in turn-based combat mode

GoldBox series (if you don't mind blobber exploration)

Helherron

Voidspire Tactics, Alvora Tactics, Horizon's Gate (all by the same dev, with progressively refined systems)
Haven't tried Helherron, ty.

I have played the other suggestions in the thread, thanks!

Darth Canoli

Arcane
Realms Beyond, Colony Ship...

Or for released ones, Dungeon Rats.
SFD (Sigma Finite Dungeon) is surprisingly a very good mix between a rogue-like and a tactical party-based game.

Temple of elemental Evil was already mentioned but it's really good, just add Temple+ mod/fix to it (and Co8 on a second play-through) and avoid most Hommlet quests.

Gamezor

Learned
Realms Beyond, Colony Ship...

Or for released ones, Dungeon Rats.
SFD (Sigma Finite Dungeon) is surprisingly a very good mix between a rogue-like and a tactical party-based game.

Temple of elemental Evil was already mentioned but it's really good, just add Temple+ mod/fix to it (and Co8 on a second play-through) and avoid most Hommlet quests.

SFD looks interesting. Man I wish every game had the in game wiki style manual that Kotc has.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom