Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Sharpedge

Prophet
Has anyone figured out the actual consequences of using the [Illithid] dialog options?

About to replay it and go full tentacle.
Maybe it's a MotB sort of deal giving you the possibility to go for an Illithid ending?
I think every time you do it, the parasite bites a chunk out of your brain.

Other than that though, I have no idea what the end result would look like.

Ceramorphosis isn’t a positive thing. I’m not sure how it could be spun to be a positive thing, unless you can swing some kind of deal for the Illithid to implant your memories and personality in the new Illithid that takes you over or whatever...

The very fact that you aren’t turning into an Illithid by day 5 should signal that something like this MAY be possible.
In the Underdark there is a friendly mindflayer who you can ask to remove the tadpole. He fails, but in trying he tells you that there is something preventing the tadpole from going through its normal process. Imo its more likely that the "something else" is just using the tadpole as a convenient control mechanism and doesn't actually want mind flayers as its end result.
I remember someone else also tells you this. Was it Halsin?
I think so. The mindflayer also gives you a ring which can block the tadpole from influencing you any further. I am not entirely sure what it does other than disabling powers which the tadpole gives you.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
1. Gale says he wants to consume the amulet of selune. How do I give it to him? I can't find the option to allow him to eat it.

2. How do I activate this?
f2733e18d6dbe991a0b847a9bb3e7529.png

3. This shit was supposed to give me a cache location on the map, but didn't?
63f6d74e178cb7ea60bc43196aec2b92.png

4. How to open??
c7c03a556b82dbea350ba10515d238bb.png

Codex Year of the Donut
You jump across the small creek, go behind the statue, and pass a perception roll to find a hidden prayer. You walk over to the chest and read the prayer to unlock it.

Worster has me on ignore so he won't even know. :positive:

a cut of domestic sheep prime

You jump across the small creek, go behind the statue, and pass a perception roll to find a hidden prayer. You walk over to the chest and read the prayer to unlock it.

Worster has me on ignore so he won't even know. :positive:
Yup. Me too. I answer his questions just so others won't and he'll be there scratching his head wondering why no one is helping him.

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
WotC has already invested a ton into Baldur’s Gate in terms of campaigns and lore leading up to this. It’s years in the making, which makes it really unreasonable when posters blame Larian for it.
Fuck Mike Mearls just as much as swen. swen is a thief and mike mearls is teh isndie man that helped him do it.
No, they aren’t going to change turned based to real time
It's not about getting them to change, it's about letting swen know that not everybody treats him and his work like his cultists do. The more negativety he sees about his products, the better.

Poseidon00

Arcane
Gale is a total bro. Probably one of my favorite npcs in a DnD game of all time. The rest suck but i'd fuck the gith.

Played a little bit today and the opening sequence is certainly some hahahaowow.jpg level shit. Why didn't they just call this something else?

Poseidon00

Arcane
Shadowheart is 200% adorable
I like Wyll

I'll probably use Gale on a different playthrough, I played as a wizard.

By the way, can you use your fancy computer tricks to tell me what alignment Wyl was supposed to be before they gutted it? Curious about this given the conflict between his personality and class.

It's not about getting them to change, it's about letting swen know that not everybody treats him and his work like his cultists do. The more negativety he sees about his products, the better.
yelling at him and saying his game is shit just because he didn't make a direct continuation of Throne of Bhaal is retarded and will make him tune you out as a psycho.

I really don't care if you criticize the game, but talk about the actual features you're criticizing since this is a thread discussing them and not a thread to complain the game exists at all.

Infinitron was autistic kind enough to create about 10 different threads on this, so use them.

Sharpedge

Prophet
Has anyone here figured out
how to open the book called the necromancy of thay?
Seems like something right up the alley of our resident necromancer fetishist.

Kind of funny because the actual BG3 will have more to do with BG1/2 than the planned BG3 would have.
I think that if they did it RtwP and in the Infinity Engine, he'd still be bitching like crazy. He just likes to whine about things and has no real criticism about the game he's articulated iirc.

Poseidon00

Arcane
Well I just got the
cutscene with the person you dream of
and that was...interesting to say the least.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
I think that if they did it RtwP and in the Infinity Engine, he'd still be bitching like crazy. He just likes to whine about things and has no real criticism about the game he's articulated iirc.

For me the reason D:OS 3 doesn't feel like a Baldur's Gate game is because of the art and the aesthetics, the music and soundtrack, the area design and the stereotypically bad Larian-style quest and dialog writing.

I don't think many care about it not being RTwP or that it isn't a direct continuation. Anyway the game's decent for what it is; good time waster. GUI and interfaces need some serious work tho.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom