Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
To upgrade Sawyer paladin sword players need to kill some of their guys and res them. That's not how I would make a holy sword.
But this is an error in implementation, not in concept. One can make an UNholy sword this way.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Itemization was a strong point of PoE and (especially) Deadfire, yes.
Due to balance faggotry, not really no, especially PoE1 was p bad. Idea to not bother with 500 exotic weapons - that was good decision.

But this is an error in implementation, not in concept. One can make an UNholy sword this way.
It is actually an error in concept. It's trying to put all special magical items under some sort of umbrella system, while it is much better to have multiple sources, or stories, to handle them.

Pillars of Eternity tried to solve this with soulbound weapons. If I remember kickstarter pledges correctly, something like this will be implemented in WotR. IMHO this is how the problem of unexciting weapons should be solved. It should bring up memories of Moorcock's Stormbringer and Mournblade and not petty squabbles over +1 attack boni.

I haven't played the alpha yet, but my understanding is:
You get items from the crusades similar to artisans but you can choose from a selection of types
This could be a nice compromise of have some customization but not taking all of the excitement and surprise out of itemization like some crafting solutions do (the ones that basically reveal all the progression up front through transparent mechanics).

Lawntoilet

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity tried to solve this with soulbound weapons. If I remember kickstarter pledges correctly, something like this will be implemented in WotR. IMHO this is how the problem of unexciting weapons should be solved. It should bring up memories of Moorcock's Stormbringer and Mournblade and not petty squabbles over +1 attack boni.

You get items from the crusades similar to artisans but you can choose from a selection of types
This could be a nice compromise of have some customization but not taking all of the excitement and surprise out of itemization like some crafting solutions do (the ones that basically reveal all the progression up front through transparent mechanics).
This is mostly true.
You get crafting items when you win certain fights against demon armies.
Depending on the item you get between 3 and 8 options for projects that are something like:
1. Turn the Bane of Faggotry into a +3 Holy Handaxe
2. Turn the Bane of Faggotry into a +2 Scale Mail, when the wearer is hit with a Critical Hit they must make a DC 22 Save or be Blinded
3. Turn the Bane of Faggotry into a +2 Holy Dwarven Waraxe, on Crit non-Dwarven enemies are marked as Ultra-gay Faggots so they don't get Dex bonus to AC
Etc

Shadenuat

Arcane
M, it's not bad. Cuts on influx of gold too.

although if we're doing HoMM, it should be choice between Gold, XP or Artifact or useless skill that ruins your build.

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
This is what I meant: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/owlcatgames/pathfinder-wrath-of-the-righteous/posts/2781295 . It is probably not in the alpha.

As I said: let a Sword Saint have his Stormbringer. Let a Ranger have his Stormcaller (I'm seeing a theme here). Let a Wizard have his staff that talks to him and sips the Wizard's soul for clearing out high level encounters.

The last 5 pages of stupid arguments between a Turk who lives on Greek islands and the rest of the forum were so mind-numbingly boring that I have appreciated the glimpse of Obsidian genius that are soulbound weapons to the full.

Last edited:

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Then Wrath will be a wet dream for you, Shad.

Just got my fourth + CMB weapon. They’re going to make me play a Swordlord.

EDIT: Sorry, not weapon, item.

They all stack.

Last edited:

Trashos

Arcane
Finished my Sword Saint playthrough. I ended it at the end of Ch6, because I can't wait to start my new playthrough as an Eldritch Knight.
Nyrissa was killed in the ending slides, because I gave the First Crown to Shyka the Many, and thus the grain of the first fallen kingdom went missing. The Lantern King was made fun of by his peers due to his little show of Nyrissa's apology failing. Satisfying ending.
One new thing I found out is that Amiri has many different scenes at HATEOT. It is not just 1 scene for finishing her quest successfully and 1 for failing. There are at least 2 different scenes for successful outcomes, depending on choices!

My party was exceptionally strong on Hard, having serious issues and battle reloads only during the first 3 levels. Still, there were exciting battles later too, and generally I was very happy with this playthrough. I wonder if I ever manage to make a stronger party than this.

In my new Eldritch Knight playthrough, my goal is to be at least as strong, and design an EK that is going to be my base build going forward. But an important issue is also dealing with the 3 first levels better. I may try to utilize Linzi as a tank, at least for the 1st lvl. After that... I don't know. I have to think about it.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
That was funny shit...
If you let the wolves chase Amiri during the sneaky shit, you can actually have them unintentionally block Armag from hitting her in combat.
So let the wolves live, chipping at her (they need to roll very high to hit her) while u slowly reach weapon n bash Armag.

unknown.png

unknown.png

Last edited:

Trashos

Arcane
Armag actually has dialogue for this situtation?!

What happens if you beat Armag there, btw? I have never done it. Amiri is not in my core party and I have never built her properly.

Bigfass

Learned
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
What happens if you beat Armag there, btw?

You're not allowed to beat him. When he reaches a certain amount of health, one of the sisters will cast hold person on you and he beats you like that. He will then rage about the interference, everyone else will be angry too that he didn't beat Amiri fairly, and it changes some minor shit going forward. Like you can make Amiri chieftain or something.

Bigfass

Learned
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut

Dishonoredbr

Liturgist
I'm so glad that i finally decided to play this game because god. It's so good , the combat and quest design is so good that i almost wish that Kingdom Managment didn't existed at all so i could just go around the map exploring. Combat has this ''Planning before a fight is more important than actual fight'' that hit me same way as Shin Megami Tensei does (weird comparison , i know) , there's a real weight in fighting a Will-o-Wisp with and without Resist Energy Comunal and dialogue is writting where even Evil option can result in a good outcome to you.
I managed to trick the Troll King to kill Tartuk because i was neutral evil

But there's one thing that i miss for this or other rpgs, is Pillars huge reactivity to your Race , Gods , Class ,etc.. I really miss be able to say fuck you to Jub because my character is a High Int Alchemist/Grenadier or anyone take note that i'm playing as a freaking Tiefling. I just hope Aasimar isn't as bad because playing Godlike was really good to play in Pillars because you could complete entire side objective in quests being a Godlike. And i know that they annouced that gonna fix that in the sequel.

Shadenuat

Arcane
In pillars there's some reactivity to everything (unless ur druid) but it doesn't matter. In KM it's alignment, but it actually matters with some long running C&C.

In next one most of reactivity seems from mythic classes.

Personally, I think class reactivity still should be the basis of much of games reactivity in a class based system, because, well, it's a class based system, it's about classes, hur.

Dishonoredbr

Liturgist
In pillars there's some reactivity to everything (unless ur druid) but it doesn't matter. In KM it's alignment, but it actually matters with some long running C&C.

I recall at least two quest my character being moon godlike matter quite a bit,. Even if some of the reactiviy is useless, it adds for my immersion that the world actually react to my choice class , race or even homeland. And i like the aligment quite bit but i really dislike how my shitty my City look because i picked Neutral Evil. There's this really annoying EVIL THEME and skeletons of people hanging in cages. Like geez.. A bit extreme imo.

In next one most of reactivity seems from mythic classes.

IIRC they gonna replace aligment reactivy with Mythic Classes reactivy.

Desiderius

Patron
Mythic Classes heavily tied to alignment (there’s one for each).

Desiderius

Patron
:lol: Evil in this game is just too good.

NmTu65I.jpg

tGI21QU.jpg

Dumb as a rock (king wasn’t the one holding the kid) and preying on the weak because you can’t hang with the strong.

Yep, evil to a T. Great writing. Why so many want to advertise their affinity for that is the question.

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Dumb as a rock (king wasn’t the one holding the kid) and preying on the weak because you can’t hang with the strong.
This is actually one of the best written quests, because it requires almost opposite approaches.
Count Shimmerglow admits that he feasts on fear, and he finds the fear of the child most delicious. So a player can deny him his food by consistent good actions in the village, and during the final confrontation he does not have enough strength to harm Tig; or the player can instill fear into the whole village and bring Kagar as dessert. Then the Count is so glad that he gives up the child voluntarily; and the lizards remain to suffer.
I was utterly surprised that I did not have to give up my precious alignment for some pesky urchin.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom