Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Goose

Learned
Well well well...

Scl6YBz.png

Looks like the hating neckbeards on the codex have been owned once again. Everyone likes my game phaggots.

Casuals love popamole trash with gay vampires, more news at 11.

Swen

Scholar
Shitposter
How are they swindling? They didn't invent Early Access and they aren't trying to pass it off as not-EA. If you don't want to play or buy an unfinished game ...don't play/buy it yet?
Because my dear friend Mitko is mentally challenged like most of his country's compatriots.

a9r1gj6_700b.jpg

Drakortha

Liturgist
How are they swindling?

By releasing an unfinished turd.

They know that all the Whales on steam have no control over the spending of their own money, they always have to buy the newest released game at full price. Larian and other publishers know this, and that is why the market is saturated with obnoxious marketing fishing for pre-order sales leading up to release. Look at CP2077. That will be turd of the year for sure.

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Codex Year of the Donut
How are they swindling?
"""Baldur's Gate""" """III""".
Yeah there will finally be a BG game that's actually good.
We all know you'll suck the cock of anything that has a corporate sticker on it, and you're allowed to think that Baldur's Gate was shit or whatever, but the question concerned the swindling.
not my fault you like rtwp trash and "GO FOR THE EYES BOO!" writing lmao

Swen

Scholar
Shitposter
How are they swindling?
We all know you'll suck the cock of anything that has a corporate sticker on it, and you're allowed to think that Baldur's Gate was shit or whatever, but the question concerned the swindling.
Oh the irony when a scandinavian talks about sucking cock...

1b052794716db4d485011099f2a716cf.png

Drakortha

Liturgist

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
So, you are just looking out for people who have the ...necessary qualities to mistakenly believe it's a full game release and/or going against perceived fraudulent practices (that actually aren't that)? Such altruism, I'm humbled.

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
Bought the game and played it for 12 hours, i'm level 4 but read I can't get any higher at the moment...

my impressions of the game are like, a 7/10 i think, probably going up to an 8.5 depending on what content they add, at the moment it's like ...

wow character creation..
Quite a few cosmetic options...
Oh I can be a negro-tiefling if I want, hey every race actually gets a face with negroid features.. hm okay.
Oh look there's like 30 different selections of eyeshadow / eyeliner tattoos and plenty of crazy hair colors so i can make my character look like a drag queen

hmm okay, well I want to make a Charisma Warlock chad who slays all the lady's, lies to all the incels, tanks and self heals.. throws fireballs.. yeah i want a fiend warlock tiefling baby...
Sd84rKA.png

... start game... play the movie sequence in trailer that i've already seen, but i can't skip through... alright I think, i'll try to enjoy it for the 3rd time I see it (2nd time i showed someone else)

i appear in world and within a few seconds I learn that the game is filled with clutter that might be interactable, but not in a useful way, at least what i've seen so far.

Continue playing, lots and lots of voice acting, basically everything is voice acted... mixed feelings about that based on past experiences.

One thing that is a bit annoying is that I see my chance to hit people, but i can't see WHY that is the chance to hit them, it seems to go up when they are injured rather than when they are closer to me - with a ranged attack, i dont quite understand it.

There's lots of social-skill opportunities (e.g.deception/pursuasion) but what i learned, painfully - is that selecting the DC option doesn't always lead to a better outcome than choosing the non-DC check option, so you can't predict the future and probably you will do something expecting another thing and end up party wiped...

My party ended up consisting of
two warlocks (myself and the warlock from the village), the cleric and the wizard.

So all game i was trying to smesh the cleric but it seemed like every nice thing i did she disapproved of..

#tooreal

Then i went into that village, i accidentally attacked the druid leader (after they already killed the girl), but decided to go with it to see what happens, managed to beat her lol

On my way out/exploring i found the goblin who was in the cage, i killed the guards and she led me back to goblin village where i went to find Halsin. i betrayed the goblin girl and let Minthara eat her with the spiders... then i went with Minthara to the village and start killing everyone as they vocally beg for their lives i'm fighting alongside some goblins and killing peasants

:flamesaw:

Then I go into the grove and the druids nearly party wipe me, they killed all my goblin allies and two my party members, i have to basically bait-aggro train them back into the goblin hordes further back in the village and manage to kill them all.

After camp i talk to Shar/Cleric and try to flex to get sex

She is like #nahbro

the "fiend"/demon worshipping black guy tells me i'm too evil and leaves me.. the fuck lol.

I go talk to Minthara and she tells me we will have sex if i come with her, i'm like yea lets GOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Then the SharCleric gets shitty at me even though every advance i made on her has been rejected...

#tooreal

I go to shag the dark elf, she tells me to lie down and submit myself.. dice check to make her submit and its like DC 17 or something, okay so basically I starfish with her and have this glitched out sex scene where her 3d model is intersecting with my characters and torso is halfway inside mine.

She goes to suck my dick and the camera angle is like at my characters' crotch area and he's shown to be naked and lacking any genitals, just smooth flesh like a barbie doll

:nocountryforshitposters:

While I am half what-the-fucking and half interested in what's happening, it cuts to a scene of her cuddling my character after sex and i get an opportunity to think about what she likes, or prob her anus using acrobatics (jokes I mean her brain using illithid powers).

I choose the latter and
find out shes afraid of being a bitch and then when i get back to my bed she attacks me with her whole gang of goblins, while i'm down 1 guy.. and there's an ogre right on me as well. I think maybe if i can burst her down, i focus fire her and get her down maybe 1/2 her HP, ok cool maybe if she dies then all the goblins will give up... goblins heal her... party-wipe.

Over the time playing I got party wiped twice which isnt bad for a baldurs gate game if you dont save-whore, once on the windmill guys because I didnt consider/see their highground archers and trying to one up the drow after sex, she one upped me after that with an Ogre and band of goblins.

and then i stopped playing and started waiting for more content.

I feel a little bit, just a little bit, that this game is sort of what the new star wars did to the old star wars.

Take the most extreme of everything and make it commonplace, underdark at the beginning of the game - there's no backstory to your character if you create one yourself and you can't use any of the ones they made like the vampire rogue.

The first place you are in you can fight a Cambion or Illithid, they dont engage with you but you can engage with them... its like star wars starts with darth vader fighting the emperor or something, doesn't really have that build up to give the impression they are powerful and rare creatures...

It's more like wow there's cthulhu's fighting demons, okay i'll just keep walking because there's nothing else for me to do, there's goes all my shock factor for anything that can come afterwards.

The fact the game is an alpha, i'm guilty for buying it but it feels like what used to call demo's back in the day. An alpha is like a demo but its going to have bugs.

Though that said, all the bugs i experienced weren't that bad and, maybe being a programmer i knew roughly what would fix some of them (e.g. camera being stuck so i switch to another character and dobule click, resets camera). Cosmetic bugs are like meh.

the lack of content is not so meh, there's less decision making in your character than there is in Baldurs Gate 1, there's no feats, you dont assign skills ... no feats/skills = no customization except what class and spells you choose.

Of the magic environment-interaction stuff i've seen so far, it's just oil and fire which happens to be overpowered. Seriously anything that is tough, just throw oil and fire at it and you'll get like 20 damage out which is way higher than you'll get doing anything else.

Lots of classes are missing and combat can feel pretty slow sometimes, especially when there's a lot of enemies and they seem to take ages to think turns.

Graphics are great.

The map is huge, after 12 hours i have covered maybe 1/2 of it, havent gone into underdark yet either... not really motivated to keep playing because max level 4 lol.

Last edited:

Drakortha

Liturgist
So, you are just looking out for people who have the ...necessary qualities to mistakenly believe it's a full game release? Such altruism, I'm humbled.

I'm not looking out for anyone. I'm sure they know they are paying full price for an incomplete product. Like I said, evidently they must like taking it in the behind.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
I'm not looking out for anyone. I'm sure they know they are paying full price for an incomplete product. Like I said, evidently they must like taking it in the behind.
Ugh, nobody is "paying full price for an incomplete product", you get beta access on top of the complete product you are going to get when it eventually is complete.

BarbequeMasta

Learned
How are they swindling?
imagine being such blind cuck that you say that while praising a game with "Shadowheart".

Codex Year of the Donut
How are they swindling?
imagine being such blind cuck that you say that while praising a game with "Shadowheart".
at least it doesn't have a character named yeslick.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom