Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

d1r

Busin 0 Wizardry Alternative Neo fanatic
Patron
Remember that shit from DiV2?

sir-lora-gallery-npc-divinity2-wiki-guide.jpg

Now imagine this with Boo as the squirrel and Minsc as the cat steed. It will be horrifying.

Harthwain

Magister
Look at Larian seething that their most-common character build is basically a stereotypical straight white male. Expecting a nigga-tranny instead? Surprise motherfucker.
From your own screenshot:

We gave you demon eyes, horns, and even tails
Does that sound like "a nigga-tranny" to you? Or a reminder that you can create someone else than a human (black or otherwise) in the character creator? By the way, can you even create anything that's not a male/female?

Ausdoerrt

Augur
Popped open the main campaign file
Minsc
^ It's not like we didn't expect it.

Would be silly not to, easy way to win over most basic BG1/2 fanbois.

Also, there are already references to Minsc in the EA if you look hard enough.

At burning inn off Risen Road, if you pass past the flames to the east of the entrance, to the fountain, there's a leaflet that talks about the disappearance from Baldur's Gate of the statue "of the beloved ranger" clutching a hamster.

Self-Ejected

Joseph Stalin

Totally not Auraculum
Popped open the main campaign file
Minsc
^ It's not like we didn't expect it.

Would be silly not to, easy way to win over most basic BG1/2 fanbois.

Also, there are already references to Minsc in the EA if you look hard enough.

At burning inn off Risen Road, if you pass past the flames to the east of the entrance, to the fountain, there's a leaflet that talks about the disappearance from Baldur's Gate of the statue "of the beloved ranger" clutching a hamster.

I'm more curious just HOW Minsc will become a full-blown companion. He has his own adventuring party, and they're all alive. One of them is the bastard son of Coran, mentioned in the "Legends of Baldur's Gate" adventure module, so I doubt they'll just kill them off.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
What's important is that, if they stick to their "every companion is an origin" mantra, not only Minsc will be in the game, but he will also be a possible MAIN CHARACTER.

We can already speculate about his involvement in the plot: first of all, Boo is the one who gets the tadpole, and Minsc has to save him. :incline:

Self-Ejected

Joseph Stalin

Totally not Auraculum
I'm still in shock due to realizing there are no skill points in 5th edition. Everything is so incredibly dumbed down it's beyond depressing.

You DO realise the previous Baldur's Gate titles also didn't have skill points? So what is it? Are they not "true" to the spirit of the previous games?

Elex

Arbiter
People like 5th edition not because it's complicated or deep but because it makes pen and paper encounters go fast.

Most of us here absolutely prefer older editions but you'd have to be willfully ignorant to ignore that, for the purposes of pen and paper, 5th edition makes for faster games. This is good when you're playing with brand new players or in large groups.

they are retarded.

i’m 100% sure now.

people thay say “uuuhh 5e is simple” and instead fail to win against the spider matriarch at the first try.

i see complains about enemy HP bloat while instead they are barely boss tier and die fast.

the game is extremely easy for who is familar with 5e.

the game throw tons of magical item and potion (drinkable with bonus action) and a bonus action disengage.

the game is already soloable.

So the only explanation is: this forum is full of retards that think is cool shitting on 5e because they think the cool guys say “5e is shit”.

Swen

Scholar
Shitposter
People like 5th edition not because it's complicated or deep but because it makes pen and paper encounters go fast.

Most of us here absolutely prefer older editions but you'd have to be willfully ignorant to ignore that, for the purposes of pen and paper, 5th edition makes for faster games. This is good when you're playing with brand new players or in large groups.

they are retarded.

i’m 100% sure now.

people thay say “uuuhh 5e is simple” and instead fail to win against the spider matriarch at the first try.

i see complains about enemy HP bloat while instead they are barely boss tier and die fast.

the game is extremely easy for who is familar with 5e.

the game throw tons of magical item and potion (drinkable with bonus action) and a bonus action disengage.

the game is already soloable.

So the only explanation is: this forum is full of retards that think is cool shitting on 5e because they think the cool guys say “5e is shit”.
Indeed, this forum is full of a bunch of edgelords trying to virtue signal to their fellow autists how "cool" they are for hating on this future masterpiece.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Speculation n. 2: if you play with Minsc as main character, during a sex scene with Shadowheart you kill her with your ginormous cock.

Speculation n. 3: Boo seems the same miniature giant space hamster we've always known, but... she is a female now!

Thonius

Arcane
also, sorry if this was already posted but.

Look at Larian seething that their most-common character build is basically a stereotypical straight white male. Expecting a nigga-tranny instead? Surprise motherfucker.
s8qLS7d.png
Faerun 1492 or whatever year it is. Everything is crumbling. Goblins there, drow here, cult over there.
Flaming fists full of incompetent negroes and women.
Some devil looking cucks occupying some grove or some shit. Trash everywhere. Roads are blocked or destroyed. Ships falling from the sky.
That's all until WHITE CIS MALE arives and solves everyones problem, gets rich in process and kill some minorities(that are majority).
Based.
And since alignment were thrown out of the window, you can be a Paladin and slay/fix shit keeping your white coat. At first I thought it's bad. But know I like it!
You confuse "simple" with "leveling is very basic"(I and I'm sure others too got spoiled by 3.5 and Pathfinder). Also combat log is fucking basic ( and chances to hit are not expanded upon. For people who don't play a lot of PnP it's eh vague).

Also apparently that drow from goblin camp can be recruited later on. The priest chick.
I'm still in shock due to realizing there are no skill points in 5th edition. Everything is so incredibly dumbed down it's beyond depressing.
Looks like they got merged with proficiency bonus or some other term. You get +1 on level up in skill you're proficient with. Or something like that. It's attack bonus/saving trows and skill merged in one. Gay.

Thonius

Arcane
Minsk is pretty much confirmed from the start. I did not care much about him in BG, used him as mule and attack bot. But since they are trying to hype him up for some reason ( he is supposed to be funny or something?) I'll kill him when I met him or something similar. End of the story. It's canon now. Fuck off.

Sarathiour

Cipher
Speculation n. 2: if you play with Minsc as main character, during a sex scene with Shadowheart you kill her with your ginormous cock.

So you're saying they are trying to win beamdog fanbase by allowing MC to be cucked by minsc ?

:majordecline:

Shaewaroz

Arcane
Patron
In a hobo shack due to betting on neanderthal
I'm very into cock and ball torture

You DO realise the previous Baldur's Gate titles also didn't have skill points? So what is it? Are they not "true" to the spirit of the previous games?

You're right about skill points, but I went into BG3 expecting something similar to 3.5.

The 2.5 of prior games had it's own complexity: THACO, rogue skill points, numerous ranks for each weapon skill etc. So BG3 is DEFINITELY NOT true to the spirit of the prior games.

Last edited:

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
What's important is that, if they stick to their "every companion is an origin" mantra, not only Minsc will be in the game, but he will also be a possible MAIN CHARACTER.

We can already speculate about his involvement in the plot: first of all, Boo is the one who gets the tadpole, and Minsc has to save him. :incline:

The tadpole is as big as Boo. His brain is a mere snack :(

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Looks like they got merged with proficiency bonus or some other term. You get +1 on level up in skill you're proficient with. Or something like that. It's attack bonus/saving trows and skill merged in one. Gay.
Your proficiency bonus depends on your level:
- level 1-4: +2
- level 5-8: +3
- level 9-12: +4
- level 13-16: +5
- level 17-20: +6

On any d20 roll (attack rolls, saving throws, skill checks) you add the relevant ability bonus (attack roll with a greatsword: strength, dexterity saving throw: dexterity, persuasion: charisma) and, only if you are proficient in that particular thing, you add your proficiency bonus. That's almost 90% of the math you need to know to play and superficially understand 5E. A very short list of class features allows you to add two times your proficiency bonus to certain rolls, and other types of bonuses are extremely rare.

The only other concept you need to know is how advantage/disadvantage work: if you have a clear advantage (attacking an enemy that doesn't see you, or persuading a charmed NPC), you roll two times your d20 and use the higher result; if you have a clear disadvantage (attacking an enemy that you don't see, trying to pinpoint a creature's location in the dark), you roll two times your d20 and use the lower result.

That's all, folks.

However, it's hard to say how Larian decided to implement things.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron

The tadpole is as big as Boo. His brain is a mere snack :(
It's a miniature giant space tadpole, you dumb dumb. :smug:

So you're saying they are trying to win beamdog fanbase by allowing MC to be cucked by minsc ?

:majordecline:
No no no. You can't be cucked by Minsc if YOU ARE Minsc.

Junmarko

† Cristo è Re †
Patron
Indeed, even more funny is the fact that BGIII is getting a shit ton of positive reviews and destroying the hopes and dreams of old school BGtards.
Can't comment Swendizzle, I won't be buying it until it's out of Early Access.

But, you have another year to restore those "hopes and dreams" you've destroyed - if you care, you fucking Belgian lol

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
What they have to do is not allow jump, disengage, rush, etc. as bonus actions, that's absurd and makes AoOs pointless, it's indirectly nerfing Rogues, and just makes the game far, far easier. Potions as a bonus action is also iffy. It's not that it isn't a popular house rule, it's because it's a video game and I'm 100% sure we are going to be swimming in health potions, something that doesn't happen very often in tabletop and the DM has a finer control over these things.

Self-Ejected

underground nymph

I care not!
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Underdark is so nicely designed. Much love and attention to details indeed.
Glad Duergars are still a dreadful fuckers. As a good aligned character I have pleasure wiping this filth.

I wish companions were a resource you cherish, unfortunately Larian decided to provide a player with all kinds of entertainment from the start. Can’t blame them though, it’s 2020.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom